12-23-2006 They're attached!

Started by Faerie Alex, December 22, 2006, 09:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Why? Why did Devin have to stand up? 'A'

I guess it isn't a warp-aci then.

[edit note] If you people dont add dates/titles to them, I'm gonna start just deleting them in favor of those which do...
Jeez I need to update this thing.

TWINK

NOOOOO DEVIN D:
How many people have to die in one day...? Poor Abel.
(But maybe he'll survive...ihopeihopeihope?)

First reply get. :3

Sid

Holy *bleep*! O_______o

(Thread needs a date, though...)

Edit for better worth-per-post ratio: Merry Christmas, Abel.
And sheesh, that was unexpected... poor Devin and Xander, though :(
:boogie

Kasarn

The first rule of not being seen is not to stand up.

superluser

Quote from: Kasarn on December 22, 2006, 09:39:10 PMThe first rule of not being seen is not to stand up.

Mr. Rewanz has learnt the value of not being seen.  However he has chosen a very obvious piece of cover. :P

Anyways, this means that Devin will not be able to save Abel from Glory.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 09:41:17 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on December 22, 2006, 09:39:10 PMThe first rule of not being seen is not to stand up.

Unfortunately, Abel has chosen a very poor hiding place :P

All I can say at this moment is F$&%! F$&%! F$&%! F$&%!

Seth C Triggs

That right there has to be a critical hit. Incredible composition though in the artwork...it really conveyed the seriousness of the situation yet it's not even graphic too.

Extremely powerful imagery here.

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Sid

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 09:41:17 PM

At this rate, Glory might just believe that Abel is one of the good guys, assuming that he'll be kneeling and sobbing next to Devin's fallen form at the end of the battle... and assuming that anybody except for Abel and the attackers survives this...
:boogie

Manawolf

Such is the fate of an adventurer unprepared.  One must expect anything and everything.  Glory will most likely return, offering a cold bit of consoling after vanquishing the damn sniper.

Grenn

Well, it is entirely possible that either Devin or Xander will survive still. Unless one of them is dead already, then I donno.

I would think that the magic Glory uses since she has to be quite powerful would be able to heal people that are not dead. So maybe one of them will still make it :)

Though Abel's headwings may be a bad thing to an experianced person like Glory. But then again we know little about her. She may not hate Cubi. :)

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Manawolf on December 22, 2006, 09:45:51 PM
Such is the fate of an adventurer unprepared.  One must expect anything and everything.  Glory will most likely return, offering a cold bit of consoling after vanquishing the damn sniper.
If Glory doesn't try to attack Abel herself. Although it might be a good sign that Devin didn't recognize that Abel is a 'cubi.

Hmm...If Devin's dead, we may not find out about his childhood. Unless someone else tells us.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on December 22, 2006, 09:43:36 PMAt this rate, Glory might just believe that Abel is one of the good guys, assuming that he'll be kneeling and sobbing next to Devin's fallen form at the end of the battle... and assuming that anybody except for Abel and the attackers survives this...

Well, if Glory didn't see Xander or Devin die, she might just think that Abel killed them.

Also, this should mean that we don't find out why Devin's mom denounced him, but I suspect that the reason will still come out.  Maybe Devin's mom was visited by the same incubus as May?

Manawolf

Most usually take pity upon the forms of those who are little more than a broken individual, paralyzed in fear and anxiety.  I'm sure there have been more than enough soldiers reduced to such states upon the field of battle.

TWINK

I really didn't expect Devin would just jump up and go "OMG" , I was kind of more expecting him to look at the headwings with a shocked look and then maybe do something dramatic, but then again I wasn't really expecting the whole, "Oh Abel! Come on, you can do it!" thing either.

But damnit! I liked him! D:<
Why Amber why?!?!  'A'

familyghost

I don't think Devin is dead quite yet.  Personally I think that was how Abel saw the attack.  You know something that might fully push him over the edge into unleashing massive cubi dangers.  

Still if he is alive he's probably on the ground bleeding to death which would explain Abel's hemophobia in even greater detail.

Aisha deCabre

Ohno!   D:  Devin!  Holy...

Well, unless Glory comes back and thinks that it was Abel who attacked Devin, I'm thinking the poor now-incubus is on his own...

On a slightly lighter note, that's gotta be one of the more memorable lines from that comic.  "They're attached!"  Heh...  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

TWINK

Quote from: familyghost on December 22, 2006, 09:54:19 PM
I don't think Devin is dead quite yet.  Personally I think that was how Abel saw the attack.  You know something that might fully push him over the edge into unleashing massive cubi dangers.  

Still if he is alive he's probably on the ground bleeding to death which would explain Abel's hemophobia in even greater detail.

But apparently he's had that problem since he was a kid and never got over it, and I'm still waiting for an explanation for that...D:<
If either of them was going to survive I would want it to be Xander, even though it's not 'logical', it would create more drama (we all love that) and let us see a bit more of him. (And I would love that. <3) One of them has to survive, though, I hope....D:

Also, though this is off-topic, what the hell did Devin's tail come from? It looks kinda anteaterish....Though he looks much like some sort of feline to me....O_o;;

superluser

Quote from: familyghost on December 22, 2006, 09:54:19 PMStill if he is alive he's probably on the ground bleeding to death which would explain Abel's hemophobia in even greater detail.

No, it doesn't.  He's already shown his hemophobia.  I'm looking it up to see when the symptoms usually appear, but I think it's almost a congenital thing.

(Hm, not in the 1911 Britannica, not the DSM-V...)

Madd the Sane

If Devin didn't die from that hit, I'll be surprised.  It looks like it hit him in the more vital parts: i.e. heart and lungs.  And add one more thing to break Abel into a sobbing little ball of fur.

Poor poor Abel  :cry  :hug
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Excuse me, Doctor, but I think I'll just lie down for a bit of a rest..."

Ouch.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Congratulations to those who picked Devin in the DMFA DeathPool! At 5-1 odds, not a bad deal!

Akisohida

Man, watching dead people, then Xander die, and now Devin? Poor Abel :(
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Izkata

NOOOO!!!

Well, to me, it looks like the.. thing... hit Devin on the right shoulder and knocked that arm backwards....

Please be alive!

superluser

Quote from: Akisohida on December 22, 2006, 10:43:26 PMMan, watching dead people, then Xander die, and now Devin? Poor Abel :(

Yeah.  I'm still not a fan of creating characters just so that their deaths can mess up the main character.  I always feel like they should have their own character arc, at least.  Ah, well.  The art *was* nice on this one.

Quote from: Izkata on December 22, 2006, 10:51:46 PMWell, to me, it looks like the.. thing... hit Devin on the right shoulder and knocked that arm backwards....

You know, he was facing Abel, so he shouldn't have been turned around like that.

Drake Manaweilder

Man... talk about yer' bad days... Abel's been to a funeral, been shot at, threatened with sodomy, seen at least 10 dead people, found himself under a hail of fireballs and energy bolts, suffer massive headaches, and had at least one person he knew die right in front of him.. Now he's likely going to be blamed for Devin's death/wound simply because of Devin's stupidity and the fact that he has "the potential" to do such a thing...

Glory is going to come back, see Abel, see Devin, figure Devin wouldn't' be so stupid as to stand up while under fire, figure Abel attacked him(I'm not sure if he was hit through the shoulder or the heart), then try to kill Abel...
Ugg... a real ray of sunshine is on Abel today eh?  :mowsad

Aleolus

Damn random surprises!  They make people forget about potentials, therefore making you do things that aren't safe.

Aridas

Damn, Devin is way too stupid to be a real adventurer, if that's what he is. Doesn't even know what 'cubi are. Standing up while under attack. Concentrating on trivial things while under attack. Not the kind of way anyone expected or wanted him to go or be.

familyghost

Quote from: superluser on December 22, 2006, 10:08:57 PM
Quote from: familyghost on December 22, 2006, 09:54:19 PMStill if he is alive he's probably on the ground bleeding to death which would explain Abel's hemophobia in even greater detail.

No, it doesn't.  He's already shown his hemophobia.  I'm looking it up to see when the symptoms usually appear, but I think it's almost a congenital thing.

(Hm, not in the 1911 Britannica, not the DSM-V...)

Oh I know that, what I meant was that seeing Devin possibly killed and Xander lying dead could bring it to his near catatonic level we saw with Dan at the mall with the paint.  Unless he did that any ways with the dead bodies and we just didn't see it.  Anyway I think I've talked myself into a circular arguement so I'll concede I was wrong here and now. 

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 22, 2006, 11:20:41 PM
Damn, Devin is way too stupid to be a real adventurer, if that's what he is. Doesn't even know what 'cubi are. Standing up while under attack. Concentrating on trivial things while under attack. Not the kind of way anyone expected or wanted him to go or be.

Actually I think he realised his mistake, but still you have a point...  He needs a D&D character sheet so it can be remembered properly.   

*waits patiently behind his flame shield*  <- (In my experience D&D references have only brought me pain outside D&D players)

Kaerou

Oh... oh no... o_o

Noooooo! ;_;

Please let him be alright...

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Lomgren

...I think I'm just as surprised as everyone else here.  Things... aren't looking good right now.  Especially with him getting his headwings just before this happens.

I'm with the people who think that he'll be attacked by Glory and crew if they survive.