12-22-2006 Pink Poodle Returns

Started by Manawolf, December 21, 2006, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

That came out of nowhere.  Damn teleporters.

Wanderer

Ah, the one Cubi I trust to be powerful enough to properly stand up to a dragon. Not that I expect her to EVER resort to a straight up fight. She's way too smart for that... She'd manipulate events so she could resolve the situation most efficiently, with minimal effort.

Seems she and Pyroduck are acquainted. Again, no surprise.

xHaZxMaTx

superluser

Now I'm confused.  Fa'Lina's not in Cyra clan.  So this must mean that it's not just one clan or one family.  Is Fa'Lina protecting Alexsi?

If Fa'Lina knew about Pyro (and she did; he was a character in the minds of everybody who went to SAIA to rescue Dan--well, aside from Aary), then why would she have let Dan leave?

She surely had the chance.  If it were truly dangerous for Dan, she could have locked him up in the dungeon.

...Oh, wait.  That's a Cyra marking on the warp-aci.  Looks like Fi really did get a message to Fa'Lina.

...Nevermind.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

Fi, you little squealer.  You're just killing my liking for a lot of characters, Amber.

superluser

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 21, 2006, 10:16:44 PMSo who, exactly, is Mab talking to?

Herself.

She's obviously referring to 698, and since Pyro is nowhere around, and presumably did not stick his hand in the tree, Mab is emulating Gidget and has turned psychotic (bonus points for those who get the reference).

...anyways, the fact that Fi was able to get to Fa'Lina without any trouble makes it implausible that Destania felt that communicating with SAIA was unsafe.  So Destania really doesn't want to communicate with SAIA.

GabrielsThoughts

hmm.. speculation dictates that Fa'lina is going to mistake Alexi  for Dan, because of misinformation given to her by Fi. Nah, too easy.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Sid

WHOOHOO! *does the Fa'Lina dance of joy* And is it just me, or did Fa'Lina get at the very least a small graphics update? I think also a minor wardrobe change, if the one strap to the neck piece counts.

And I think we just witnessed the closest DMFA can get to telefragging. GO FA'LINA, GO!

More on-topic: It appears that Pyro and Fa'Lina are old "friends", too... this might get interesting.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 21, 2006, 10:27:00 PM
hmm.. speculation dictates that Fa'lina is going to mistake Alexi  for Dan, because of misinformation given to her by Fi. Nah, too easy.

Doubt it, since then, Merbel would have to be around, too. And if the adventurers were able to sense the transformation magic, then Fa'Lina should be able to sense it (or the lack of it), too.
:boogie

superluser

Quote from: Sid on December 21, 2006, 10:31:28 PMthe adventurers

Ho-lee crap!

This is just prime for awesomeness.  The adventurers are looking for `cubi, and run into Fa'Lina.  Suddenly, the adventurers start bleeding from orifices that can't exist in fewer than 12 dimensions...

Fresnor

Hmm, so Pyro and Fa'lina know each other... Just how high ranking is Pyro in the dragon heirarchy anyways?  Realy thinking pretty high if those two know each other and are still alive

Alondro

*Charline gasps!*  Oh no!  Fa'lina can't horribly slaughter Pyro!  I haven't even had the chance to seduce him yet!  *sighs*  Too late now.  I suppose I'll just have to find someone else to molest...

*Charles and Alondro make themselves very scarce!  A note of commentary on the comic is left behind*  Note: It's a very interesting scenario.  The thing is, does Pyro know of Fa'lina from the future and this encounter will lead to a major battle, or was the future thing a lie and there's something else going on!  Since we don't know for sure either way... stay tuned for the next episode of DMFA or "When dragons and pink poodles collide!"
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Faerie Alex

This won't lead to good things. I wonder when Alexi will realize what happened to Pyro.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Zedd

Its not gonna be bright and pretty what happens next Charline *headwing twitches in disbelief*

Fresnor

Now I'm starting to wonder.  Was Pyro sent to LL by Edward to protect Alexi and Dan since he knows about some secret plot that is being droven by a secret group of creatures to sow anarchy throughout the planet while they take over afterwards?  And could it be something that even Fa'lina doesn't know about which may start even more mayhem?

Azlan

Nah, I bet everyone but the main cast, a fair amount of the supporting cast, many of the extras and the readers are in on everything.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah.

I know what Amber is going to do.

Cutscene.

I'll put.. oh.... maybe two dollars and fifteen cents on it? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on December 21, 2006, 10:46:14 PMThe thing is, does Pyro know of Fa'lina from the future and this encounter will lead to a major battle

It's more likely that he knows her from the past, or by reputation.

Remember--Fa'Lina would not know that Pyro is a time traveller, if they've never met before, and if Pyro admits that he knows her, she could easily put two and two together.  Pyro would not give up that information for no reason.

A thought occurs.  With Fa'Lina on the move, is it possible that the designs of Destania and Biggs might be disrupted?  Fa'Lina is certainly sympathetic to wanting to keep the Ti'Fiona kids out of harm, but this isn't her fight.

Or to be more precise, she's not on Destania's side.  She might be neutral, and in times of peace, she might be on the side of justice, but if a real war flares up, she might just be on the side of the dragons.

Quote from: Fresnor on December 21, 2006, 10:50:21 PMWas Pyro sent to LL by Edward to protect Alexi and Dan since he knows about some secret plot that is being droven by a secret group of creatures to sow anarchy throughout the planet while they take over afterwards?

I only said I THOUGHT he kidnapped himself. You're the one who's so f'ing certain!

Distracting

Is it just me, or does Fi look a little...angry?

superluser

Quote from: HeroZero on December 21, 2006, 11:10:39 PMIs it just me, or does Fi look a little...angry?

I'd say more...satisfied?

Zedd

Manawolf

To bad the cubi don't take after their more...celestial ancestors.  A bit too demonic.

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on December 21, 2006, 11:17:21 PM
Fa'Lina = Chaos in a bottle

Do you have to bribe her the right way?

What? She does like singing and dancing. >.>

Madmann135

the Warp Aki looks angry but Fa'lina looks almost happy in her own psychotic way.

I'm still wondering what Pyro's roll is in with the current plot.  I know he has near oricale furture telling abilities (as in don't bet against him).
Not to mention we have yet to really see Pyro in a fight, for all we know he could be the most powerful there.  I said really see him in a fight because against Abel, Pyro literally just used his weight and size to stop Abel's attacks, though Abel's attacks seemed to have little effect upon him in the long run.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on December 21, 2006, 11:19:51 PM
Quote from: Zedd on December 21, 2006, 11:17:21 PM
Fa'Lina = Chaos in a bottle

Do you have to bribe her the right way?

What? She does like singing and dancing. >.>

I could try kissing but a lady that age takes time to romance and probley a basketful of muffins..

Cogidubnus

Say, have we ever seen Pyro and Fa' Lina at the same time?
>:3
*twilight zone music*

Manawolf

Yeah, we just did, that's his tail in the last panel.

Cogidubnus

...Well, there goes conspiracy #3045. Eh well.

superluser

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 21, 2006, 11:22:05 PMthe Warp Aki looks angry but Fa'lina looks almost happy in her own psychotic way.

Well, that's Fa'Lina for you.  She does seem mercurial.  Which would explain why she gets on so well with Cyra clan.

Quote from: Manawolf on December 21, 2006, 11:28:47 PMYeah, we just did, that's his tail in the last panel.

Can you prove that? :smack  (owww...)

Toric

Speculation go!

Fa'Lina reveals that the whole "extinction of dragons" thing is another big joke!
Fa'Lina and Pyro will have a venomous exchange about the days when they used to date.
Pyro will explain himself to Fa'Lina through interpretive dance.
During the fight between Fa'Lina and Pyro, an earthquake will open a rift in the earth that will swallow up Alexsi and force cubi and dragon to join forces to save an innocent being.

DMFA Forumites: Because sane predictions are for amateurs.
Yap by Silver.