Abel 12/21/06 : Umm..what are those?

Started by Nerikull, December 20, 2006, 10:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerikull

Oh, SNAP! How do you explain that in the middle of battle?

Will this get Devin killed?
Will it help them live through this?

Discuss!
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

familyghost

My guess is cubi heritage mixed with magic lessons are coming to fruition...

Zedd

Hmmmmm I can only say..Welp ..I told you all not to hold your breaths

Faerie Alex

Yeah...I think I stopped breathing momentarily when I saw that...easier to breathe before that.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Aisha deCabre

WOO!  Finally the head-wings make an appearance!   :boogie

In other opinions...dang, Amber's good at killing us to near-death with cliffhangers.   :U  Awesome work...and man...this must be interesting for Devin: "We've got evil Creatures shooting at us and I've got a Cubi right in front of me..."  :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Azlan

I'm fairly sure Glory can handle whatever that is, reasonably well... or maybe not, who can say?  Well only the Wiku one, but that would be telling definitely.

Headwings are cute though.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Sid

...I first thought that those were freaking HEARTS floating around. Memo to self: Don't check the comic at 4.25am anymore X_X;;;

On-topic: Yay! Headwings! Abel looks SO much better with them! :boogie ...it totally doesn't help that I got the theme song from the 90s Outer Limits stuck in my head right now... so fitting...
:boogie

Snap

Oh well, seeing how calm and rational Abel is at the moment, he will have no problems at all explaining it to Devin (who of course has been his friend for a very long time) and the others.....

:erk

...Please Amber, just dont hurt them (too much).... :cry pretty please?

Azlan

It is important to note that Abel doesn't know what he is at the moment.

Kasarn

Hey guys, I totally Photoshopped it so it looks gay

CHECK IT OUT! :P

Landon_Fox

Azlan has a point.  And I somehow doubt that the paladin is going to be sympathetic, given the circumstances, time period, and fact that she is a paladin.

The automatic "must smite cubi" reaction may give him his fear of beings.

Or...  if Devin turns on him, that could do it too.

Either way, we know that Abel is afraid of showing his cubi heritage.  That happens when people get burned.  It's why gay people want to stay in the closet rather than face the public stigma.  So the real question is not if, but when, who, and how Abel will get pummeled by this.

superluser

I have a feeling that Devin knows enough mythology that he'll be able to use Abel as a meat shield.

Devin: Look, Abel.  This is gonna be hard to take, but you're an incubus, and that means that you're magic resistant.  If you make a run for it right now, we can make it out of here.  Spread your wings and pace yourself to me, and we'll both make it out of here alive.  Glory's gonna be after you because she thinks you're a monster.  We're not going to stop until we reach Zinvth.

Quote from: Sid on December 20, 2006, 10:26:50 PMI got the theme song from the 90s Outer Limits stuck in my head right now

Funny, I've got the intro to The Prisoner stuck in my head:

Quote from: Azlan on December 20, 2006, 10:25:20 PMthat would be telling

Who's on the roof?
The New Number Two...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

RushFox

:erk Suddenly, I'm feeling real sorry for Abel right now. This is the worst place for it to happen too...  :<

xHaZxMaTx

Oh schnap! :O

Snap

Please no killing of likable-just-introduced characters... Looking at the cover page, now would be a good time for the "sunshine and chocolate dip cookies"  :mowmeep....

Still my personal guess is that Devin is not gonna backstab poor confused ("I have wings coming out of my head, i have every right to be upset") Abel. "Word on the street" aside, he just shared a sepia toned flashback! Thats gotta mean something, right?
RIGHT?

Edit:
Quote from: Kasarn on December 20, 2006, 10:41:03 PM

Alright.... i DO know that Abel really likes bananas
but give Devin a break! He just saw his partner being struck down by a firespell/arrow... And i dont think he has the jyrras  :hug syndrome  :)

Saist

Kill them ALL Abel! Go Cubi on their rumps!

Narethlian

*Cues dramatic music*

*Deep announcer's voice* Will our Hero escape this situation with his head and both sets of wings intact?  Find out on the Next 'Abel's Story'!

This is fun waiting and watching for the next with bated breath.

-Nar

llearch n'n'daCorna

Here's a thought.

Is it a cubi on the roof? Fa'Lina, perhaps?

Hmmm. Thinks, thinks, thinks. Who knows? (well, other than Amber, obviously...)

We shall have to wait and see....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

Azlan

Kenji

KarlOmega1

Devin: Abel...do you know that you have wings on your head?

Abel: I have WHAT?!

(oh man, this is gonna be classic)

Edit> I still think that black and purple thing is an Warp-aci...only this time I think it's trying to do that "teleport" thing on Abel...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

GabrielsThoughts

I suspect the "other" effect of Abel's heritige has made Devin...like Jyrras feel something.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Regal

Quote from: FireKatKid on December 20, 2006, 11:02:54 PM
"They're, umm.... reindeer antlers."

Abel the chocolate chip reindeer,
grew a pair of shiny head wings,
and when Devin saw them,
he started thinking naughty things...

Zedd

Quote from: Regal on December 20, 2006, 11:14:01 PM

Abel the chocolate chip reindeer,
grew a pair of shiny head wings,
and when Devin saw them,
he started thinking naughty things...

My god that fitted

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Kasarn on December 20, 2006, 10:41:03 PM

:mowdizzy  :mowdizzy I don't see a difference between this one and the one on the site.
waitaminute!  They are the same!  Silly me.

And the headwings can also explain the tears in his eyes:  Remember, Dan was having headaches before he got his headwings.

"...Yeah, you see, I'm 1/96th reindeer from my... mother's side. yeah."

Poor Abel.  This has got to be the worst day of his life:  he lost his lunch in the river, was attacked by an unknown force, unknown force killed possible friend, and now he has these strange things coming out of his head.  And it all started with Devin.  :paranoid :C
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

rt

An explanation for glory .. more sarcasm should do the trick .. just like

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_57.php

.. I mean come now glory .. you didn't notice the wings comming out of Abel's head before .. they just pop'd up in the battle with all the excitement  :mwaha

As for now .. run now .. explain later.

RJ

Yay for inappropriate moments! At least he won't have to worry so much about the awkwardness and all since they're about to be fried >_>

Starcat5

Abel has headwings now:
:ddrabel

Timing:
:omg

Amber:
:tohell

I think that sums everything up. I'd comment more, but I need to be at work in an hour.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

superluser

Quote from: Snap on December 20, 2006, 10:53:54 PM"Word on the street" aside, he just shared a sepia toned flashback! Thats gotta mean something, right?
RIGHT?

Right.  There's still the unresolved question of why Devin's mom denounced him right before she died.  If Devin dies, it becomes unlikely that we will find out the answer.

Quote from: Narethlian on December 20, 2006, 10:56:59 PM*Deep announcer's voice*

Will our trusty adventurers  make it to safety before the cart is destroyed?  Don't miss our next episode: Head Wings, Will Travel or: Fa'Lina off the Wagon!

--Ponsonby Britt

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?