2006-12-20 "I'm sure that will be an interesting meeting."

Started by [insert name], December 19, 2006, 10:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[insert name]

So Dee wants to kill her daughter's date.

Doesn't seem to out of the ordinary.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Elader Arkon

That will be a rather interesting meeting to be sure...

I'll bet Pyro can take care of himself.

Manawolf

Well that's just taking racism to the extreme, killing them all.  I'm sure there has been a good number of people who wanted to wipe all the demons out, but they're still around...right?

Zedd

Faerie Alex

Ooookaaayyy...

Well, it explains why they're together. Baybe it's for the best that Pyro is walking away from the TT. Or maybe nowhere is safe...

*Hide, Pyrodyck! Hide while you still can!* :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Reese Tora

On a completely unrelated note, regaurding panel #2...

"and our family's best interests."

apostrophy 's', signifying singular posesive. (as opposed to familys', signifying possessive plural)

Unless the apostrophy is in the wrong place, biggs and Destania must be somehow related.

speculate away >:3

--edit--
pic added in case Amber changes/corrects the spelling >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

Plus there is the fact that Amber has made it quite clear that the races have thoroughly interbred, including one pairing of a being and dragon we have seen in comic, wouldn't wiping them all out have to include the half-breeds for some, and then where will it end?  It's unsound and ignorant thinking.

[insert name]

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 19, 2006, 10:43:19 PM

apostrophy 's', signifying singular posesive. (as opposed to familys', signifying possessive plural)

Unless the apostrophy is in the wrong place, biggs and Destania must be somehow related.

I think Biggs is just referring to his family.

Think conversational grammar.  Alot of people say, "Our family is doing such and such" or "Our family is going to such and such", and they do not imply that the friend that they are talking to is related to them.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Reese Tora

Quote from: [insert name] on December 19, 2006, 10:48:14 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on December 19, 2006, 10:43:19 PM

I think Biggs is just referring to his family.

Think conversational grammar.  Alot of people say, "Our family is doing such and such" or "Our family is going to such and such", and they do not imply that the friend that they are talking to is related to them.

Yes, but the comic is implying (to my mind) that they also ahve the interests of Destania's family in mind, since the focus of the conversation is the well being of her husband and son, not to mention the sweet irony thereby that the intrests of her family may at some point include Pyroduck, putting thier two goals at odds. :D

Amber Williams

Damnit Reese. I don't know apostrophe grammer enough to know the difference. So either tell me which way it should be or let it go and stop trying to make people speculate over something obviously not meant to be speculated.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 19, 2006, 10:57:39 PM
Damnit Reese. I don't know apostrophe grammer enough to know the difference. So either tell me which way it should be or let it go and stop trying to make people speculate over something obviously not meant to be speculated.

awww...

It would be "Families'" if it's refering to two or more families, and "Family's" if refering to a single family.

*fails at causing speculation :crying *

Madd the Sane

Amber, whatever you do,
Don't kill Pyroduck!
If you do, I'll have to use this smiley:  'A'
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

MaskedRetriever

Hee hee, Dan's been sent back to save the Dragons.

:mowhappy

Remember, odds are if something happens to Dan, Fa'lina knew it was going to.   >:3

bigj

"Mom, meet my boyfriend.
"Boyfriend, meet my mom.
"Now I want a clean fight, no spell casting below the belt or breath weapons when the other person is down."

I'd pay to see that main event  :mowhappy

Amber Williams

Thanks Reese. Sorry if I sounded snippy.  I always feel bad when I typo in a comic...and it gets 10x worse if it is something that might cause people to get the wrong idea.  While speculation is anyones game, I try to avoid allowing speculation if its founded on me making a mistake.

superluser

Sigh.

I don't get it.

The end of the dragon race?  Why?

What's more, Biggs (or at least his henchmen) *knows* about Pyro.  This isn't a new thing they're trying out for fall.  This has been planned for some time, so he surely would have told his underlings to be on the lookout for dragons.

Once again, there's another dragon that Dan knows who surely knows
  • that Dan is from Destania's stock.  Not only is he close to this dragon, but this dragon was hired to kill him, and he owed the dragon money.  And yet the dragon didn't.  Dan gets on with dragons pretty well, despite them supposedly having it in for him.

Abel and Aary both know about the feud between Cyra and Dragons, but Fa'Lina didn't do anything to stop Dan from leaving SAIA.

Another problem is that if they're looking for Destania, there would be no reason to kill Edward after they found her.  But it seems that it's the other way around.  They don't (necessarily) want to kill Destania, but they *do* want to kill Ed.  Which presumably means that Ed wants to kill the dragons.

Something's fishy, here.  I would suggest that Biggs really isn't a longtime friend of the family, and that Destania has implanted these thoughts into his mind.

Just please oh please don't have Dan turn out to be the one who will bring balance to The Force...

• He was hired by Dark Pegasus (who knows who Dan's mother is) to keep adventurers out, he's surely lived for thousands of years, and he's been acquaintances with Dan for some time.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Grenn

Lexi: Mom, this is Pyroduck. My boyfriend....

*immediate sword throw out of nowhere that Pyro dodges*

Pyro: Well, this started out better then I thought it would....

e_voyager

oh dear this is going to be some thing to worry about. i wonder who bigg's informant is .
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Toric

I noticed the apostrophe error, but I didn't think anything of it at all. Biggs said in the very same comic that Dee was a family friend, and that term wouldn't apply to someone who's... ya know.... family.
Yap by Silver.

Lomgren

Well, now we know a good deal more than we did last comic.

One of these days I'm going to have to go through the archives again so I can remember just what problems dragons might cause, or how everyone else views them.

MaskedRetriever

Oh wait--

But--

Yyyghh... what if Destina's manipulating Biggs; that, she has him convinced that they're going to destroy the Dragon race (a big enough goal to make him think a Cubi would enlist his help) but in fact is only USING him to-- to-- get her husband back from a pack of grouchy dragons while making it look like it was all an ill-timed Twink raid!?!?

Or-- or-- is she honestly trying to wipe out the Dragons, since they have some sort of feud with the Cubi, while Fa'lina has swapped her usual coffee with Cubi/Draconic co-ventures in a massive ploy to end the fued without bloodshed, thus tilting the balance of power in all Furrae in favor of the new Cubi/Draconic alliance?!?!

Or-- EXPLODING DRAGONS EVERYWHERE!!!

Kasarn

I'm almost expecting Destania and Biggs to break out into a musical number :3

superluser

Quote from: e_voyager on December 19, 2006, 11:22:04 PMoh dear this is going to be some thing to worry about. i wonder who bigg's informant is .

Actually, given the evidence, the answer should be obvious.  Pyroduck comes from Twink Territories (or environs).  Pyroduck has been seen by a few of Biggs' men and women.  Pyroduck got right to the door of Biggs' place without even causing Destania to twig.

When you're a mind reader, it's probably pretty clear when people are approaching.  Even if Pyro had a mind shield, it would be obvious from the non mind-shielded companions that there was another person travelling with them.  And the Guild Navigator field effect would be even more of a giveaway.  If Alexsi's mental signature suddenly disappears, that probably means that there's a dragon nearby.

So, you know, it's obviously Neni.

Manawolf

I could see wanting to wipe out a race that's very existance requires the consumption of brains and the taking the bodies of victims to propagate the species, but seriously, not all dragons are bad.  Nothing is inherently evil, it all comes from the upbringing.  Even those born of an evil race can be forgiven, as long as they taught the ways of morality, goodness, and altruism.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on December 19, 2006, 11:37:02 PMI could see wanting to wipe out a race that's very existance requires the consumption of brains and the taking the bodies of victims to propagate the species, but seriously, not all dragons are bad.

Well, that's not dragons.  Dragons aren't bad.  They're just very, very jealous.  They watch over the graves of rich people to make sure that nobody robs the tombs.

Manawolf

Well, many can be greedy themselves, what with those hoards they love to keep, even if it wasn't originally there's.  But a love of money is not always evil, sometimes it is merely an ambition (granted, one that can easily turn to obsession at any price).  Of course, we haven't seen much in the way of a hoard from our man Pyro.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 19, 2006, 11:17:51 PM
Thanks Reese. Sorry if I sounded snippy.  I always feel bad when I typo in a comic...and it gets 10x worse if it is something that might cause people to get the wrong idea.  While speculation is anyones game, I try to avoid allowing speculation if its founded on me making a mistake.

no worries, I as much did it to bring it to your attention as I did to cause wild and unfounded speculation :mowgrin

I do hope that this deosn't mean we can't still speculate at some sort of familial relationship between the two families.

back on topic, I can't wait to see the fight that will almost certainly ahppen when Pyroduck and Destania meet for the first time (which, I am sure, will happen becasue of Alexsi bringing them together, but will actually occur while she is outside of the room)
:starwars

Azlan

The nature of dragons has not been made fully clear from what I can tell.  One would assume that they have the potential for all gamut of moral philosophies as the next race... just with size and might to back that up.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

O.M.

Nothing like a lovely serving of parental concern with a side entree' of implied genocide.  :erk

Azlan

Quote from: O.M. on December 19, 2006, 11:58:03 PM
Nothing like a lovely serving of parental concern with a side entree' of implied genocide.  :erk

Hey genocide worked for the Nazis... oh wait, no... not really...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"