12-15-2006 Bad day Dan

Started by Madmann135, December 14, 2006, 10:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

well... it looks like being Alexsi finally went south.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Dan can use abit of listening to his words as well...

Madmann135

missed being first by That much.  Well 57 seconds but I was close.

I must say Jyrras is doing something Dan claims he does.  Jyrras is judging Abel on who he is instead of judging him on what he is.

EDIT:
though I mised the first offical post it looks like mine stuck around.  Yaea my stubbornness (AKA Dan-ness)

Oh and I finally started a new comic thread I would do my happy dance but I got work to do.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

King Of Hearts

That is so much fail its... its...

FAILDICULOUS!

Oh Danny boy, you are so dead when Alexi starts figuring out why Jy suddenly hates her.

superluser

Remember, men (and yes, here I do mean men)--

The fastest, easiest, and most persuasive route is not always the best.  Sometimes a more sincere, honest, and slower route is better.

Also, how is that lock of hair staying attached in the last frame?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

If I was dan as alexsi id say Dan fancied him, then when I change back, whala, midget scientist boyfriend

TWINK

Boooo ): I can't keep track of the drama!

Manawolf

It really might have gone better coming from him as Dan.  Then he could bring up the whole "Jyrras, he whacked me in the back of the head with a baseball bat."

King Of Hearts

Im more surprised as to Why Dan didnt go "Wait, you're gay?" as his first reaction.

Manawolf

See, he's denying that aspect so his brain doesn't implode.  Currently he's going with the idea "he just really, really likes us.  This can't be actual love."

Actually, yeah, it can't be love in a true sense, otherwise Jyrras is a rather unhealthy Ludus.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Manawolf on December 14, 2006, 10:56:36 PM
It really might have gone better coming from him as Dan.  Then he could bring up the whole "Jyrras, he whacked me in the back of the head with a baseball bat."
Yeah, good point. It just sounds racist as Alexi saying it, but al least Dan's a cubi.

Wonder why Jyrras didn't get suspicious. I would've thought he knew about Alexi and Dee being on good terms, and all.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

MaskedRetriever

If it was Dan saying it, Jyrras's reaction would probably be more along the lines of "Wow, Dan, you really ARE messed up." than, "whoa, racism!"

Of course, for crying out loud has anyone noticed the CLIENTELLE of Lost Lake?

That place is practically a Fae Bar.

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on December 14, 2006, 11:05:35 PMYeah, good point. It just sounds racist as Alexi saying it, but al least Dan's a cubi.

I wonder why Dan didn't just say, ``I'm getting too emotional and breaking character'' and just go to his happy place.  He's an adventurer, and I'm sure that he's learned to handle his emotions better than this.

Aisha deCabre

...And the new word shall be "Failtastic..." or maybe even his own name shall go down in the dictionary...

Either way, if Jyrras ever comes across the REAL Alexsi and goes off on her, it's probably to the morgue for everybody involved. o.o
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

i swear no i have seen some one fail with even less social grace then i have. aww man i did not think it was possible.

on a side note once Dan stated to accept that the was a cubi he started judging himself as a monster even more harsly then anyone else even able.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

He should just beat Jyrras over his head and say it was all a dream.

Zorro

How about the amount of "Fail" will be known as the "Dantron".

One Dantron of fail is equal to 1000 simple Failtrons.

One Failtron = Taking a letter to the post office and forgetting the stamp.

One Hundred Failtrons = Getting thrown in jail.

Therefore One Dantron is about equal to depending on France in a war or calling ANY ship "Unsinkable."   :)

superluser

Quote from: Zorro on December 14, 2006, 11:35:20 PM
How about the amount of "Fail" will be known as the "Dantron".

Oh, great.  Is this going to be another of those units that's unusable without exotic SI prefixes, like the Henry (inductance) or the ESR (ego)?

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on December 14, 2006, 11:33:38 PM

A tad late on that chap

e_voyager

i don't think that would work especially with what Jyrrs is about to see come the next few updates
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Quote from: e_voyager on December 15, 2006, 12:05:41 AM
i don't think that would work especially with what Jyrrs is about to see come the next few updates

There's nothing a good whallop upside the head can't solve.

Aridas

Zedd

And then he wont be smarts anymore and he will sue you!

MaskedRetriever

Hey!  He's a Cubi!  He might actually be able to pull that off!

You know, if he wasn't completely blocking most of his powers and willfully not learning enough.

Poor Dan.

Cogidubnus

And, as the plot nears the point at which most musicals heat up, the plot begins to heat up. We may also need to add another title to Dan's  ol' register of titles. In addition to being a friend of beerwenches, perhaps 'So Awful he has his own Adjective'? A little long, but I think it might have potential... >:3

xHaZxMaTx

Um, oops.

Woo, isn't being racist fun?! :D

janusmaxwell

way to go, dip$#!+.  I thought Dan had come to grips with the fact that "OMG, I'm a Racist" thing, then he pulls that crap....
....sigh.....he needs a tap from the wand of Fail

*Picks up the wooden bat, with the word "Motivation" crossed out and the word FAIL put in it's place*

superluser

So I'm trying to figure out how this could conceivably be rectified.  Jyrras isn't going to listen to Alexsi, and is probably not going to bring it up when talking to Dan.  Dan can't broach the topic.  Who else knows the whole kidnapping thing and could advise Jyrras?

1.) Pyroduck

I have a feeling that Pyroduck is even more brutally honest than Abel, but without the jerk attitude.  If Jyrras twigs that dragons and `cubi don't get along, he might ask Pyro about it, explaining Alexsi's (perceived) concerns.

Then Pyro tells Jyrras that Alexsi's been gone and Dan was filling in, causing Jyrras to break off his friendship with Dan (ooh, irony!) because of the racist things that he said.

2.) Mab

Jyrras doesn't usually confide in Mab, but let's say he does.

Mab says that Alexsi's probably been under a lot of stress with the tour and with the new tenant and with Merlitz leaving, so maybe he should cut her some slack.

Jyrras goes to apologize to Alexsi.  This results with Dan pushing up the daisies.

3.) Wildy

Let's move on.

4.) Abel

I suspect that this would be the best solution.  Jyrras tells Abel that he asked Alexsi about Dan, and that Alexsi went off about `cubi (conveniently leaving out the bit about falling for him).  Abel repositions the conversation to suggest that he talk to Dan (probably suggests that this talk of potential isn't that far off for himself, anyways).

Jyrras starts talking to Dan (``Hey, Dan, Abel suggested that I talk to you''), and Dan goes off on Abel (in an exasperated way) about the time he hit him in the head with a bat, or the time he threw paint on him to get him naked, or the time that he screamed in his ear or the time that he sucker-punch'd a stranger...

The point of which is, Dan doesn't like Abel.  Jyrras explains his feelings for Dan, and Dan sits Jyrras down and explains the whole situation to him, allowing Jyrras to realize that Dan's reaction to Abel was the result of certain, well-defined interactions, and not racism.

They remain friends.

I really think that this needs a resolution where Jyrras actually explains his feelings to Dan-as-Dan, or else he'll never have closure or catharsis.

These are the ways that I can see it getting resolved.  There are only four people that Jyrras can talk to.

Unless... (Save me!)

5.) Dan

Dan tells Jyrras that his mind shield wore off and he accidentally read his mind (a fear I'm sure he confided to Danlexsi).  Jyrras explains his feelings and Dan explains that he already knew, that he was doing the Alexsi bit, and that Abel's really not a nice guy.  Then he explains that the bit about the mind shield wearing off was also a lie.

Jyrras beats Dan to death with his own limbs.

...You know, it never registered before that Abel was a quiche-eater...

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 15, 2006, 12:38:57 AM'So Awful he has his own Adjective'? A little long, but I think it might have potential... >:3

``eponymous with awful''?

Prroul

Quote from: janusmaxwell on December 15, 2006, 12:52:50 AM
way to go, dip$#!+.  I thought Dan had come to grips with the fact that "OMG, I'm a Racist" thing, then he pulls that crap....

*Picks up the wooden bat, with the word "Motivation" crossed out and the word FAIL put in it's place*

Actually, I think there's a better one...

The ACME Clue by Four!

Yes, my friends. This is for those people who just can't get a clue! When their head is thicker than a brick wall, and everything short of a blunt object just doesn't penetrate, then may need this 3' long piece of wood, with a handle lovingly carved into one end, and a convenient target on the other end, looking not unlike a painted Cricket paddle.

Order yours today!

Nino

Quote from: Prroul on December 15, 2006, 01:03:09 AM
Quote from: janusmaxwell on December 15, 2006, 12:52:50 AM

Actually, I think there's a better one...

The ACME Clue by Four!

Yes, my friends. This is for those people who just can't get a clue! When their head is thicker than a brick wall, and everything short of a blunt object just doesn't penetrate, then may need this 3' long piece of wood, with a handle lovingly carved into one end, and a convenient target on the other end, looking not unlike a painted Cricket paddle.

Order yours today!

Oooh, something to use on the liberals. Haha, and they said I'd never go 'clubbing' here at my college too.