12-6-06 Free to go

Started by Faerie Alex, December 05, 2006, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Well...that was somewhat anti-climactic. I guess Biggs realized Desatnia could punt him in about fifty different ways, so it was best not to argue. :giggle
Jeez I need to update this thing.

xHaZxMaTx

Aisha deCabre

Wow, someone's fast with the new comic topic...  :3

Not every exit has to end climactically...that's one thing to like about it, refusing to be the cliche.  But I do find it funny that Biggs forgot about the whole daughter thing so quickly.  He must've used that "dispose" line a thousand times.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Roureem Egas

But wait, there's still the Dan part of the story...unless that gets its own arc.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 05, 2006, 08:47:40 PM
Wow, someone's fast with the new comic topic...  :3

Not every exit has to end climactically...that's one thing to like about it, refusing to be the cliche.  But I do find it funny that Biggs forgot about the whole daughter thing so quickly.  He must've used that "dispose" line a thousand times.
Yeah, but this arc's good that way. Just when you think something will end well, something goes and happens.

If Biggs forgot that so quickly, does he still remember that Dan's a girl? Will he forget it in the near future? Will I stop asking questions? :U
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Caswin

There's still the matter of Dan-as-Alexsi meeting Alexsi or maybe even Biggs.  Who knows where that could go...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Snuggles

Quote from: Caswin on December 05, 2006, 08:56:31 PM
There's still the matter of Dan-as-Alexsi meeting Alexsi or maybe even Biggs.  Who knows where that could go...

That is very true!!! That could go anywhere.

Zorro

Biggs is a pawn.  He is doing exactly what someone else wants him to do.

He is just too arrogant and or stupid to realize it.

Akisohida

Well..Poor Biggs got shot down by his target AND his employee. He has less power than he thought and, to paraphrase 'I better blow something up to make up for this' :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Boog

Rats, I rather wanted to learn more about the Twinks. Kinda curious about how that got translated to the more serious furrae. Still say Biggs is now awesome, forgetfulness and all.

Snuggles

Quote from: Boogeyman on December 05, 2006, 09:30:13 PM
Rats, I rather wanted to learn more about the Twinks. Kinda curious about how that got translated to the more serious furrae. Still say Biggs is now awesome, forgetfulness and all.

You know... now that i think about it i kind of too. :<

GabrielsThoughts

since when are the twinks/ Noob's not a walking joke?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

I really like the spine that Dee has grown.

(Hmmm, that's not in my idiom...and I don't feel like speculating...how about story mechanics?)

What was the point of this part of the storyarc?  Why couldn't we just hit the reset button and act as if nothing happened?

1.) Now we know that Dee and Biggs are working together
2.) Dee seems to have the upper hand
3.) Dee can't go back to LL because of the (unspecified) trouble that she would cause
4.) We know that there's something that went on between Dee and Abel

One of these things will be important later.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Caswin

Quote from: superluser on December 05, 2006, 09:39:22 PM
What was the point of this part of the storyarc?
Who says it's over?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

3.) Dee can't go back to LL because of the (unspecified) trouble that she would cause

Interestingly, I don't think she specified where the trouble would be.

Perhaps if she went back, Biggs would be toppled? Hmmm.....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alan Garou

It seems that Biggs is the very forgetful type. He has made an idiot of himself in all of the recent comics. And yay to Desti for quiet intimidation!

DigitalMan

Well now, that was interesting, and not all that surprising, all things considered. So now what happens when Pyro and friends arrive?

e_voyager

personality though surprised i liked that why  her mom can brings Biggs bad down to earth with a simple clearing of her throat.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lucheek

Alexsi you idiot! Never cut off important infolike that! -kirby PISTOOL-  :kirby

Aridas

Soooooo... Like I said, the twinks are a joke. Destania is probably the only person or thing there that could actually cause any significant damage if given the chance.

Madd the Sane

An idea occurred to me when reading this post: What if Pyroduck walked in and said "Hi, I'm here to rescue Alexi." and Destania recognized him as a dragon and a potential threat to her and her children.  :giggle
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Psaakyrn

I really like the spine that Dee has grown.

(Hmmm, that's not in my idiom...and I don't feel like speculating...how about story mechanics?)

What was the point of this part of the storyarc?  Why couldn't we just hit the reset button and act as if nothing happened?

1.) Now we know that Dee and Biggs are working together
2.) Dee seems to have the upper hand
4.) We know that there's something that went on between Dee and Abel

One of these things will be important later.

And one last point: considering that Alexi didn't question about Dee's choice of employment, how much does Alexi know? And how is this related to Dee's absence from Lost Lake?
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on December 05, 2006, 10:45:19 PMSoooooo... Like I said, the twinks are a joke. Destania is probably the only person or thing there that could actually cause any significant damage if given the chance.

I don't know about that...

``only person or thing there that could actually cause any significant damage'' *on purpose*, maybe.  Twinks can cause major damage.  Take, for example, the terms slashdotted and Farked.

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 05, 2006, 10:50:56 PMAnd one last point: considering that Alexi didn't question about Dee's choice of employment, how much does Alexi know? And how is this related to Dee's absence from Lost Lake?

Hmmm.  They may have discussed it between 704 and 712.  We know that they went from discussing Lost Lake's visit to Dan at SAIA.  It may not be important that we know why Dee works for Biggs, and not showing the discussion may be the best way of dealing with it (``The reason why I'm working for Biggs is''[shock cut!] might be too obvious).

Also, we know that Abel thinks that dragons are bad for Dan, but we don't know if that is the case or if they're bad for Alexsi, as well.

Abel also doesn't think that dragons are bad for Aary.  ``No way she'd let a dragon go NEAR DAN.''  Technically, we don't even know of that meeting ever happened, or if Pyro were lying.

Which would be interesting if these are lies, and Pyro knows them and is going along with them for some reason.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Mock AV

Zedd

Whha? Za? Well that was indeed a big waste..But then again..It might not be "that" easy...

KarlOmega1

"Bad Biggs! No disposing of the stepdaughter!"

That's what I think from the fourth panel...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Toric

I wouldn't say it was a TOTAL waste. After all, it led to the discovery that Pyro's a dragon.

Actually it's not a waste at all. We were introduced to present-time Destania, got to see Dan both as Alexsi and as Danielle *shudder*, got to see what Merlitz's old crew was up to, and now we'll probably get to see Wildy near-kill Biggs for edging in on her turf again.
Yap by Silver.

Cogidubnus

Generally speaking, this is the point in most musicals that things start to really go haywire...

Oh, TCM, why do you hold me spellbound so? :<

Gornemant

quick correction: link to the comic should be http://www.otterdude.com/ instead of http://www.otterdude.com/" else you get a 404 not found  :3

Stormfalcon

Well, it looks like we're getting a good idea of who the real power behind the throne is.  The question is, to what ends?