2006-12-02: News flash - Devin is a smartarse!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, December 01, 2006, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bwahahaha :-)

Nuff said.

Well.. other than that Glory was asking for it :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Haha!  Okay, so Devin gets a few more points in coolness for the smart-arsity...using it FOR Abel instead of against, no less.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

GabrielsThoughts

yes but the minute you realize he's english or a newyorker you loose all respect for him.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zaon

I think someone is about get hurt judging from the upity little paladine's expression mainly devin and possibley Abel (Me thinks I sense cubi problems on the rise)

Aridas

HOLY CRAP, WINGS?! This is a new and exciting breakthrough! >.>

Something tells me Glory is the highly racist type... though I've been having that sort of vibe from the introduction of those three.

Zedd

Say did anyone else noticed that Abel was on the team too?!

Caswin

Oh, dude, I just noticed: Amber's comics are funny.  Whoa.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Azlan

Quote from: Zedd on December 01, 2006, 10:09:16 PM

Abel's not aware of what team he is playing for yet...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Alan Garou

Hooray for sarcasm. Wait, was what I just said sarcastic? I can't tell. And Devin's humor rocks! All hailt the king of sarcasm!

Zedd

Quote from: Azlan on December 01, 2006, 10:11:52 PM

Im also aware Devin is like myself

Zaon

Quote from: Azlan on December 01, 2006, 10:11:52 PM

well in the backstory he is currently playing for Devin's team but if my predictions are correct then I think Abel will have some problems starting soon
mainly from Glory and her team
Maybe some from Devin and the spots
in the main comic however it's a little bit of Dan a little bit of Saia and a little bit of him self

Faerie Alex

We should have Devin's face in the 4th panel as an emote.  :V

Neat that vampires still existed then. Interesting feature of this happening 400 (or something like that) years ago.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

willow186129

*is trying to type through laughing* Using sarcastic comments in defense of others, yay! *falls out of computer chair laughing* Devin for the win! *thumbs up from self on floor*

superluser

Devin: Look--he doesn't seem to have any problem with the fact that we're gay, and we're sure not gonna start something just because he's an incubus.

Abel: Wait...you're gay? (pause) ...I'm a WHAT-WHAT?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alan Garou

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 10:21:06 PM
Devin: Look--he doesn't seem to have any problem with the fact that we're gay, and we're sure not gonna start something just because he's an incubus.

That would be a bit anticlimactic, even for our Amber. Besides, Devin once commented that he had nothing against Abel for having wings; he wouldn't have said that about the wings if he'd known Abel was a frikkin' Incubus.

xHaZxMaTx

She kinda walked right into that one. :/

He's a smart-asshole.

bill

Zaon

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 01, 2006, 10:28:42 PM
She kinda walked right into that one. :/
maybe she was eluding to the fact he is a Cubi (or not who knows)
She is a pally so she might be able to sense cubi magic (like a certain jeleous female we know of) and is eluding to the fact he is a cubi

superluser

Quote from: Alan Garou on December 01, 2006, 10:24:15 PM

That would be a bit anticlimactic, even for our Amber. Besides, Devin once commented that he had nothing against Abel for having wings; he wouldn't have said that about the wings if he'd known Abel was a frikkin' Incubus.

No, no.  Abel asked if Devin hated him because of the wings.

Page 56 would logically be Glory saying something like ``Fine.  I suppose there's nothing illegal about travelling with an incubus,'' followed by shocked expressions from Devin and Abel.  Presumably, Amber isn't going for something quite so pedestrian.

(Amber, please don't hurt me if you are going for something so pedestrian!)

I'm trying to imagine a more dynamic and original way to do it.

Zaon

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 10:43:39 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on December 01, 2006, 10:24:15 PM

No, no.  Abel asked if Devin hated him because of the wings.

Page 56 would logically be Glory saying something like ``Fine.  I suppose there's nothing illegal about travelling with an incubus,'' followed by shocked expressions from Devin and Abel.  Presumably, Amber isn't going for something quite so pedestrian.

(Amber, please don't hurt me if you are going for something so pedestrian!)

I'm trying to imagine a more dynamic and original way to do it.
I Agree with you and then at the end of the page after Abel denies the cubi thing and he gets his headwingsat the end or on the next page would generally be a better twist (while a little pedestrian it seems that is what the story  is heading to) considering abels Age in the backstory he is going to get his headwings soon and right now would be the worst possible time

superluser

Quote from: Zaon on December 01, 2006, 10:47:53 PMafter Abel denies the cubi thing and he gets his headwingsat the end or on the next page would generally be a better twist

Hmmm, maybe you get your headwings after you deny you're one of the `cubi.

...Maybe `cubi heritage isn't even necessary.  Maybe you become one upon denying it.  That would be fun, especially at witch trials.

``I swear!  I'm not a succubus!'' (poink!) ``Well, how do we know that his honor isn't an incubus?''

``This is outrageous!  I'm no incubus!'' (poink!)

Zaon

Quote from: superluser on December 01, 2006, 10:58:25 PM
Quote from: Zaon on December 01, 2006, 10:47:53 PMafter Abel denies the cubi thing and he gets his headwingsat the end or on the next page would generally be a better twist

Hmmm, maybe you get your headwings after you deny you're one of the `cubi.

...Maybe `cubi heritage isn't even necessary.  Maybe you become one upon denying it.  That would be fun, especially at witch trials.

``I swear!  I'm not a succubus!'' (poink!) ``Well, how do we know that his honor isn't an incubus?''

``This is outrageous!  I'm no incubus!'' (poink!)
I don't think is how it works
We all know Dan is stubborn and is an adventurer and isn't exactly bright so he just thought he got the wings form his mom and nothing else

ShiningShadow

Devin is so cool with the sarcasm. And the Palladium wench is definitely a very cold and bad person from the perspective of a fan that dares to speculate. But in any case Devin gets major points for the sarcasm and the feint of false of worry towards the Palladium *yeah* :boogie :boogie.

rt

:erk .. err wait .. Abel .. wings .. when did this happen  :mowhappy Next thing you know he'll be all spotty  :rolleyes

:boogie :giggle  :mwaha

Madmann135

SarCasm... so... thick...

For once in a long time Devin has done a good thing to Abel.
Be it using Sarcasm in place for a simple yes.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

Devin wouldn't automatically conclude that Abel's a cubi, because the angel race has wings too.  And then there's the parental-magic-exposure-side-effect thing.   

Glory, on the other hand, might have a sense for such things.  We shall see just how much she can detect.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Twist

Well at least we know how able was able to cultivate his style of dripping sarcasm, he apparently studied under one of the old masters.

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on December 02, 2006, 12:00:41 AM
Devin wouldn't automatically conclude that Abel's a cubi, because the angel race has wings too.  And then there's the parental-magic-exposure-side-effect thing.   

Glory, on the other hand, might have a sense for such things.  We shall see just how much she can detect.   :3

Well, isn't Devin a paladin or some such, too?  ``I took a vow to protect all beings, regardless of how I feel about them personally''?  Couldn't he know or sense it in Abel?

Cogidubnus

Glory knows more than she's telling. That backless shirt, after all, exposes his clan symbol nicely. A quick glimpse and experienced eye might be all it takes to peg a Cubi youngster.

superluser

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 02, 2006, 12:14:15 AMGlory knows more than she's telling. That backless shirt, after all, exposes his clan symbol nicely. A quick glimpse and experienced eye might be all it takes to peg a Cubi youngster.

And both Xander and Devin know about this marking, too.