11/23/06: jelousy

Started by Drake Manaweilder, November 22, 2006, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Manaweilder

Busted. I had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy.

Akisohida

You will notice they did NOT notice any morphic magic on Abelitz. Since Abel morphed Dan, we now know an 'cubis innate morphic ability does not leave any scort of magical trace..At least, not once a person knows how to do it properly. :) I think, for Abel getting past any detection spells, he gets a ninja-mow! :mowninja

Edit: I LOVE the 'Meck Mecka Mow-Wow!' comment! They think Abelitz is trying to mack with FemmDan! Bwhahaha! Plus, Apparently Genisis has a thang for Merlitz. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Manawolf

They succeeded on their sense motive check.  And they're a little behind the times if they're just getting to checking up on Aary and Merlitz connection.

xHaZxMaTx

I assume "Meck mecka mow-wow" is the equivalent of "Bow chicka bow-wow."

Grr, if the train weren't so bumpy, I'd be able to read the last thing she said.  What I think it says... "She probably isn't good in bed -blank-..."

Kibin

...finding out Dan is a cubi for all the wrong reasons. How interesting.

Seth C Triggs

EVIL! EVIL! yet hilarious!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Dakata

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on November 22, 2006, 09:54:04 PMGrr, if the train weren't so bumpy, I'd be able to read the last thing she said.  What I think it says... "She probably isn't good in bed -blank-..."
Naw, I think she said "She probably isn't even a real girl".

Stygian

I can't but wonder why'd they be worried for Merlitz's sake though. He seems pretty experienced, and they should know that he wouldn't miss something like that.

Quote from: Kibin on November 22, 2006, 09:54:38 PM
...finding out Dan is a cubi for all the wrong reasons. How interesting.

You said it.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Dakata on November 22, 2006, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: HaZ×MaT on November 22, 2006, 09:54:04 PMGrr, if the train weren't so bumpy, I'd be able to read the last thing she said.  What I think it says... "She probably isn't good in bed -blank-..."
Naw, I think she said "She probably isn't even a real girl".
Haha, boys will be boys. :animesweat

GabrielsThoughts

humms the chemistry song " oh oh it's all about (jelousy) oh wa oh uh oh oh"
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Faerie Alex

QuoteShe probably isn't even a real girl
Interesting...Is that the jealousy speaking, or does she know the truth?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Dakata

Quote from: modelincard on November 22, 2006, 09:59:04 PM
QuoteShe probably isn't even a real girl
Interesting...Is that the jealousy speaking, or does she know the truth?
It's the jealousy, of course. :P Only a jealous girl would say that.

Nino

ah, she's a lioness. Took me what, five strips to realize that? Haha.

Manawolf

Wait, now I get it.  Got the detect magic going, since it was used for the change.

Stygian

Yeh. She's infatuated with him. But she still hit dead on. Now, all I'm waiting for is the dispel and the Dan in a sagging dress.

Aisha deCabre

Heh!  She called it without even knowing it.  That happens alot with me too.

Boy, would Merl be on the edge...one crush, two crush...crushed...three crush. :p
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Landon_Fox

Two bucks says the adventurers head back after the reporter leaves, finds Abel who has already shed his Merlitz disguise, and think he's the incubus threatening Merlitz.

Alan Garou

Well, just as I suspected, she was flirting with Merbelitz. I think she's got it right with suspecting that Abel has a crush on Dan. And, yes, she did say "She probably isn't even a real girl." All hail the mumbly lioness! :bow

llearch n'n'daCorna

o/~
But you, my green-eyed girl..
do you remember when we used to sing...
sha la la la la la la la la ti da

Yeah, that's probably enough to identify the song. :-)

Quote from: Akisohida on November 22, 2006, 09:52:00 PM
Apparently Genisis has a thang for Merlitz. :)

Mmhmm. Why else would she strip for him? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

DigitalMan

Ahh, so that's why it took so long to color Gen's boobs...

This is likely to end in all sorts of awkward.

Boog

Ha! Oh that's rich! Merlitz goes off adventuring again, after breaking up with his Cubi girlfriend. Two incubi disguise themselves as him and his boss on the day his old adventuring party comes into town, and one of them has a crush on him and thinks he's dating his boss! HIJINKS ENSUE! Sitcomesqueity aside, she's probably gonna try to kill Dan. How great was his reputation as an adventuror again? Good enough for them to recognise him if/when he ditches the disguise?

Alondro

*Charline snorts*  Well, I can understand her reaction.  We lions are perfect, after all!   

*Charles will agree wholeheartedly!  It's either that or painful disembowling again...*  :<

*Charline continues*  And now I see where a major battle could begin, oh yes!  Things are right on the cusp of an upheaval!  *grabs a bucket of mice to munch while awaiting the bloodshed*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Manawolf

More like perfectionists.  Jealousy isn't a sign of perfection.

Supercheese

Quote from: Alondro on November 22, 2006, 11:48:31 PM
*Charline continues*  And now I see where a major battle could begin, oh yes!  Things are right on the cusp of an upheaval!  *grabs a bucket of mice to munch while awaiting the bloodshed*   >:3

Ugh... I was going to munch some popcorn, but I don't think I will now.

*considers 'liberating' the mice for all of about .3 seconds, but quickly realizes how abjectly stupid and futile such an endeavor would be*

Grenn

Heh, so if they couldn't detect Abel's morphing, then one could assume that a Cubi shapeshifting doesn't elave magic traces. At least experianced ones.

It's possible that inexperianced Cubi that shift leave a trace. Though Dan's was a result of outside forces, I would think the principal could be the same. So if Dan actually did it himself he'd probably leave a similar magic trace.

Otherwise they wouldn't think it was a Cubi since for that to be true, Cubi morphing would leave no magic traces :)

Ow. My head hurts. Time to play more Wii........ :p

superluser

Quote from: Landon_Fox on November 22, 2006, 10:20:16 PM
Two bucks says the adventurers head back after the reporter leaves, finds Abel who has already shed his Merlitz disguise, and think he's the incubus threatening Merlitz.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Dan will make Abel get rid of his disguise first.

But if he doesn't, I'm betting that Abel will be incapacitated and the perma-Danielle that everybody is so looking forward to will happen.  Perhaps even duelling Alexsis.

P.S. This is my 42nd post and thus contains the answer to the question of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Grenn on November 23, 2006, 12:15:58 AM
Heh, so if they couldn't detect Abel's morphing, then one could assume that a Cubi shapeshifting doesn't elave magic traces. At least experianced ones.

It's possible that inexperianced Cubi that shift leave a trace. Though Dan's was a result of outside forces, I would think the principal could be the same. So if Dan actually did it himself he'd probably leave a similar magic trace.

Otherwise they wouldn't think it was a Cubi since for that to be true, Cubi morphing would leave no magic traces :)

Ow. My head hurts. Time to play more Wii........ :p
Either that, or the magic trace they picked up was the same from both of them, so they just assumed that it was all coming from Dan, since they trust Merlitz.

Grenn

True enough.

Also, upon closer inspection, the last line actually is: "She probably isn't even a real girl"

So we probably haven't seen the end of this. Also, it seems like Cubi/Being relationships are not a huge of a taboo as one may think. Since Pegasus and that Amazon have commited themselves to assuming that... well... *cough* meka meka wow wow :p between Merlitz and Lexi in their eyes.

So if they eventually did learn the truth that Aary was there and was with Merlitz, and Dan and Abel are living there and have been for a while, it wouldn't be a big deal. Since it seems that being a Cubi in itself isn't a crime. It just makes you much more suspicious to everyone. :D

Cogidubnus

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on November 23, 2006, 12:19:12 AM
Either that, or the magic trace they picked up was the same from both of them, so they just assumed that it was all coming from Dan, since they trust Merlitz.

I think, that they detected the spell cast by Abel on Dan, and that Cubi morphing, being a natural ability, does not require spellcasting per se, thusly leaving no morphing magic to detect.

At least, this would seem to make the most sense.

Madmann135

There are lines like Trough is stranger than fiction...
This is one of my favorite comic skits.

A charactor says something so outragous and weird that in all likelyhood it's not true but in that unique situation it is.

I wonder what will happen if this happens
Destania exscorts Alexsi hack home to Lost Lake just as the reporters left.  At that same moment many things happen.  Dan and Abel drop the disguises, the adventurers come in (faced with 3 skilled cubi and a really deadly bartender) as Abel drops his Merlitz disguise.

But knowing Amber something more intresting and climactical will happen.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.