11-21-2006

Started by Manawolf, November 21, 2006, 12:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

HE DIDN'T EVEN SLIP UP ON THE NAME!  Like he doesn't know anything about acting.

Amber Williams

Dude Manawolf. Post something in the subject other than the date from now on. It's confusing enough just having some date-numbers.  A whole page of them will just be madness.

Grenn

Like "Honest Deception" maybe? :p

Heh heh. I guess brains are better then just hacking away with a sword or casting fire. Ah well..... :D

DigitalMan

*stares and blinks* ... I did not remotely see that coming...

Manawolf

Is the thread title that much of an issue.  The title's just there to tell you what the subject in the thread is going to be.  You leave the commentary to the posts in that thread.

Supercheese

I don't particularly mind the date-only title, but more words are always nice...

Lovely comic-age! Also nice to see another bonus comic fulfilled. We can't have Amber chained to that iron weight for forever, can we? (Don't answer that.)

Hmm, I don't seem to have any comic-specific comments yet. How about... well, my brain went crazy looking at Genesis' back in the middle panel... x__x

Roureem Egas

Nice Alice in Wonderland reference. :3

And is it just me, or does it seem the Genesis has a habit of having her arm folded or bent in some way?

MojoTheMonkeyNG

Abel must be lucky as hell, or Amber is just being anti-climatic these days. Guess it ties well into the rest of the story though.

Aridas

I was RIGHT sirs! There won't be any difficulty with them until later, if they even show up again. This could just be a sneaky double-cameo for all we really know. Amber probably will never let such a secret slip. >.>

Manawolf

Quote from: Roureem Egas on November 21, 2006, 12:53:55 AM

And is it just me, or does it seem the Genesis has a habit of having her arm folded or bent in some way?

Wait, what reference?  I should know this since I'm comparing Alice in Wonderland to another movie for an upcoming paper (the other movie will be Spirited Away).

Amber Williams

It's an issue for me. Numbers are not my thing. I suck at them...and I get them backwards.  It's one of the reasons I actually put titles underneath my comics in the archives because it helps me know what I'm looking for.  And on the threads its a lot easier for me to know what thread is what by a single sentence than just a date cause I have to check the clock each time I update to make sure I have the right one myself.

Think of it as doing the poor pathetic artist a favor and making her life a little bit easier.

RJ

As a person who has a slight fear of maths, I must agree too... >.>

Manawolf

Ah, I see.  Being the Aspergers man I am, numbers are easier for me.  However, as the grades went by, I grew more accustomed to English, and less accustomed to Math (or at least that hard stuff such as Calculus).  Plus, to be honest, when you're a Dungeon Master, you have to work with a LOT of numbers.

I'll see what I can do about titles for my later ninja threads.

Amber Williams

Thank ye kindly.

Sorry to disrupt the thread. Carry on peeps. Nothing to see here.  :raph

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 21, 2006, 01:00:50 AM
I was RIGHT sirs! There won't be any difficulty with them until later, if they even show up again.

They are going on their next assignment, right?  And Merlitz is gathering a party, right?

``Merlitz?  How'd you get here so fast?  And how did that tour of Lost Lake go?''

``...Wait, what?''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

MojoTheMonkeyNG

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 21, 2006, 01:08:34 AM
It's an issue for me. Numbers are not my thing. I suck at them...

Think of it as doing the poor pathetic artist a favor and making her life a little bit easier.

What about if the title is/was November Twenty-First Two-Thousand and Six Comic? Would that make things easier for you?

You're not interrupting the thread, it's good to have an opinion on the topic title.

On Topic: WHY ARE YOU BEING ANTI-CLIMATIC?

Manawolf

Replacing numbers with words is only going to make things more confusing, you've got to have both together.

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: MojoTheMonkeyNG on November 21, 2006, 01:24:51 AM
On Topic: WHY ARE YOU BEING ANTI-CLIMATIC?

Because that's just like a woman.

Sorry for the obvious joke  :3

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on November 21, 2006, 01:22:37 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 21, 2006, 01:00:50 AM
I was RIGHT sirs! There won't be any difficulty with them until later, if they even show up again.

They are going on their next assignment, right? And Merlitz is gathering a party, right?

``Merlitz? How'd you get here so fast? And how did that tour of Lost Lake go?''

``...Wait, what?''
That's a perfect example of "until later", though merl might already be headed off with his hippie partner >.>

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 21, 2006, 01:48:15 AMThat's a perfect example of "until later", though merl might already be headed off with his hippie partner >.>

Well, I assume that there are more than two people in your average party.

Edit: He does say partner, not party, but I suspect that Dan is right.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Manawolf on November 21, 2006, 01:01:42 AM
Quote from: Roureem Egas on November 21, 2006, 12:53:55 AM

Wait, what reference.  I should know this since I'm comparing Alice in Wonderland to another movie for an upcoming paper (the other movie will be Spirited Away).

I'm talking about the temporary window title up on top. And considering that Wikipedia has 21 different articles for Alice in Wonderland, I'm talking about the Disney movie.

Manawolf

Ah yes, I see it now.  Ugh, wait till I get to comparing Noh Face to the Cheshire Cat.

DigitalMan

*ponders* Something just occured to me. Why does that in the last frame really seem like something the real Merlitz would not say?

Allu

I'd say this is the best possible outcome of this little encounter actually. I personally think that Abel and Dan would have gotten their butts handed to them, especially if the actual Merlitz was any indication of the groups general level of competency. Remember kids, two on one isn't favorable fighting conditions.

Hellcat

Wow. an amazon, the type  that Dan always wanted to meet, was at the inn, and he missed her

Tapewolf

Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on November 21, 2006, 04:26:18 AM
Wow. an amazon, the type  that Dan always wanted to meet, was at the inn, and he missed her

A curious inversion.  Traditionally the adventurer is seduced by a succubus who has her way with him and then tries to kill him.
What you're describing is an incubus falling in love with an amazon who'd try to kill him the moment she found out what he is  :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hellcat

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 21, 2006, 04:50:06 AM
I meant, because of his long and strangely poetic obsession to meet one, finally a chance comes, but there is difficulty in the reaction Dan probably has fantasised about

ShiningShadow

Well maybe Abel is telling the truth in a very indirect route. Thus the other adventurers didn't catch on. Hmmmmmmmmm how long before they will realize Merlitz is not Merlitz and Alexsi is not Alexsi this is building up to be something very troubling but the end result will be fun and worth it. I wonder how the other group is doing right now I bet they are reaching the destination and rescue the real Alexsi if she needs any rescuing.

Aridas

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 21, 2006, 07:14:40 AM
Well maybe Abel is telling the truth in a very indirect route. Thus the other adventurers didn't catch on. Hmmmmmmmmm how long before they will realize Merlitz is not Merlitz and Alexsi is not Alexsi this is building up to be something very troubling but the end result will be fun and worth it.
which 99% likely won't happen, since they should be on their way out the door...