11-20-2006

Started by Manawolf, November 19, 2006, 11:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

This is why I make sure to have a diplomat in the group.

Zedd

Me too...I belive some smarts really do help for a group

Distracting

Yeah, but you have to be listened to too. Do you think that for an adventurer, could judging at their own discretion be simplified to "If it still moves after you hit it the first time, it is most definitely a threat"?

Madmann135

March of the hammer Club.

I wonder what would happen if they came face to face with the infimous Daniel Ta'Fana?

With his Vast collection of Swords, his slowly developing magical skills, his impressive combat ability, his incrediable ability to evade fast moving objects and the fact he probably knows all their tactics... who would come out with the least ammount of damage.

In the end Alexsi will beat who's standing to a pulp.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Manawolf

Monks are also good, as it makes nonlethal measures a lot easier and also then you can take the time to restrain and reeducate them.

What?

Distracting

However true that may be, the first thing on my mind when someone is swinging some bladed object or a painful blunt one wouldn't be nonlethal measures. It would be more "Hey look! I'm not dying painfully!" However, the second and overpowering thing on my mind would be to simply incapacitate the opponent so he or she couldn't continue attacking me without actually killing me.

Long story short, monks are awesome.

Manawolf

Plus, you can't get better wrestlers, unless you go a few sizes up.

DigitalMan

I still find it hard to believe these brutes consider themselves the good guys. But yeah, Dan can probably pwnz0r them. If that fails, Alexsi absolutely can.

Grenn

Abel can hold his own too.

Except for the whole not wanting to draw blood because it makes him go pukey thing ;)

But I bet he can make one heck of a good intimidation scene.

Fresnor

Can we start in on the blond jokes about those two now?  They tottaly would deserve it.  :mowtongue

Zedd

Naw its ironic in itself senice Merl had to deal with a group thats smarter than a sack of hammers

Sid

Gotta love that silly grin in the last panel. xD
:boogie

Tapewolf

Merbel: "Hey guys, have you heard of Daniel Ti'fiona?"
Pegasus: "The famous adventurer?"
Merbel: "Well, he's a 'cubi."
Pegasus: "..."
Merbel: "...and this Inn belongs to one, and I was going out with one too..."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

To be fair, it does seem a bit odd that pretty much every single 'cubi in the story has shown up at the inn.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: HeroZero on November 20, 2006, 12:38:07 AM
However true that may be, the first thing on my mind when someone is swinging some bladed object or a painful blunt one wouldn't be nonlethal measures. It would be more "Hey look! I'm not dying painfully!" However, the second and overpowering thing on my mind would be to simply incapacitate the opponent so he or she couldn't continue attacking me without actually killing me.

Long story short, monks are awesome.

Yeah monks are cool Shaolin monks are awesome with there many styles and weapon choices I preferred a double edged katana also a three way nunchuka. Like Jet Li used in that flick The Last Warrior I can't remember the name *Bah*. Anywho the three way nunchukas will have this feature I'll put in picture this I will have butterfly knives on each side of my hips, and when the ends of my three way nunchuka connects to the handle of the butterfly knifes *viola* a very dangerous weapon.

Sid

Quote from: BillBuckner on November 20, 2006, 06:19:23 AM
To be fair, it does seem a bit odd that pretty much every single 'cubi in the story has shown up at the inn.

Why so? Pretty much every single mailman in my life has shown up at my home. ;)
Given that the story focuses on Lost Lake, it's pretty much the most likely place for a Cubi (or anybody else) to show up at sooner or later if he/she is to play a longer part in the story (except for the SAIA camo appearances, of course).

I will admit that Lost Lake has an above-average Cubi Visit Ratio, though :P

thegayhare

Quote from: Grenn on November 20, 2006, 01:20:18 AM
Abel can hold his own too.

Except for the whole not wanting to draw blood because it makes him go pukey thing ;)

But I bet he can make one heck of a good intimidation scene.

which would be a truly unique fighting style

*slash, block, projectile vomit, slash, slash*

at the very least it would distract them

rt

Quote from: thegayhare on November 20, 2006, 07:43:42 AM
...a truly unique fighting style
*slash, block, projectile vomit, slash, slash*
at the very least it would distract them

Hmmm, drunken kung-fu .. now vomiting swordsman .. defiantly a style .. definitely eww.

Maybe the brains/leader/diplomat are one of the other two, this seems like 'fun' adventurer talk to me.

Alan Garou

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2006, 04:53:03 AM
Merbel: "Hey guys, have you heard of Daniel Ti'fiona?"
Pegasus: "The famous adventurer?"
Merbel: "Well, he's a 'cubi."
Pegasus: "..."

I think that that might work, but it might also make them realize that "Alexsi" is really Dan(ielle). And then everyone would have to face the wrath of the real Alexsi.

Quote from: Fresnor on November 20, 2006, 02:19:32 AM
Can we start in on the blond jokes about those two now?  They tottaly would deserve it.  :mowtongue
Yes, they definitely deserve it. However, blonde jokes might tick off Dan(ielle), considering his current form. But here's a cookie and a karma, anyway.  :mowcookie

Landon_Fox

Personally, if I have to knock someone out I prefer a rogue with a sap.  It's got all the advantages of backstabbing a guard without any of those annoying ethical dilemmas!

Abel could find a good way to talk himself out of this mess.  The best way would probably involve "talking with his boss" and giving the adventurers a free place to stay while in town.

GabrielsThoughts

:mowsad but blunt objects are painful.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 20, 2006, 09:21:05 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2006, 04:53:03 AM

I think that that might work, but it might also make them realize that "Alexsi" is really Dan(ielle). And then everyone would have to face the wrath of the real Alexsi.

Yeah, I meant Destania though, not Danielle.  Alexsi may be running it but I don't think she actually owns it.

I love the first panel - it's quite impressive how Abel's expression makes him look nothing like Merlitz while somehow being exactly the same...

Sid

Quote from: Landon_Fox on November 20, 2006, 10:00:27 AM
The best way would probably involve "talking with his boss" and giving the adventurers a free place to stay while in town.

Didn't Dan have to move into the basement because there had been no free room for Pyro? Even though I'm acting on semi-old memory here, so I might be wrong.

Alondro

*Charline grins*  Well, I could certainly demonstrate that I'm not a threat.  I'd be willing to demonstrate just how non-threatening I can be with that hunky golden-haired horsie... mrrrrrowr.

*Charles*   :erk  Oh dear god no....
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Cogidubnus

Hunting Cubi, are they? Surely, they know that Cubi are shapeshifters, then. Let us hope that none of them are smart enough to notice that Alexis eyes are no longer blue...

Landon_Fox

Quote from: Sid on November 20, 2006, 10:36:43 AMDidn't Dan have to move into the basement because there had been no free room for Pyro? Even though I'm acting on semi-old memory here, so I might be wrong.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_091.php

Dan was moved to the basement for lack of payment, not lack of room.  If there was that little room and/or all the rooms were already taken, then Lost Lake would be more of a boarding house than an inn.

Sid

Quote from: Landon_Fox on November 20, 2006, 10:55:23 AM
Quote from: Sid on November 20, 2006, 10:36:43 AMDidn't Dan have to move into the basement because there had been no free room for Pyro? Even though I'm acting on semi-old memory here, so I might be wrong.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_091.php

Dan was moved to the basement for lack of payment, not lack of room.  If there was that little room and/or all the rooms were already taken, then Lost Lake would be more of a boarding house than an inn.

Ah, right. I only recalled the "Pyro got Dan's room and pays for it" bit, but not the exact circumstances. :)

Alondro

Thus didst Mary and Joseph enter the basement with Dan and the rats, for there was no room in the inn.  

And Mary delivered her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling Mows and laid him on the couch where he couldst watch MTV and play the new PS3 while she and Joseph went off to their jobs to begin saving up for his college fund and their retirement, which verily they wouldst enjoy in Tampa Bay.

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 20, 2006, 10:44:10 AM
Hunting Cubi, are they? Surely, they know that Cubi are shapeshifters, then. Let us hope that none of them are smart enough to notice that Alexis eyes are no longer blue...
I don't think they've ever met.  If they know what colour her eyes are supposed to be there's a good chance they already know about her 'cubi stepmother.

Distracting

True with the eyes, but if the magic somehow dispersed, then Dan's wings would probably create some suspicion for Cubi presence...or make the group ask for his autograph as he's a pretty famous adventurer. Abel's been wrong before with his magic, hasn't he?