The Doghouse- 11/18

Started by willow186129, November 17, 2006, 09:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow186129

Quote from: superluser on November 19, 2006, 10:53:21 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 19, 2006, 05:03:59 AM
Mana said something about "remaining apalled" - I took it and ran with it, in entirely the wrong direction.

...Ah.

You didn't quote the appalling statement, so I assumed that it was a comment on the comic, like citrus was an aphrodisiac or something.

I think cherries are, but cherries aren't citrus.

Joshua

*chuckle* Those two remind me of Leon and Dailey  from BGC.

ShiningShadow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Xander making a gay remark hmmmmmmmmmm. Okay I think Xander is gay maybe I don't know. But if he making remarks like that is either one of two things either he's gay or being curious about the gay lifestyle. But it's so funny that Devin made that comment about writting to Doghouse magazine. I bet you Devin knows that Xander is gay and found his stash coincidence I don't think so.

Rafe

The thing is, I've never seen much in the way of gay inuendo joking between guys who are straight and their friends who are gay.   Maybe a little, but not as much as is going on here.  On the other hand, if both are straight (or gay for that matter), the jokes can get pretty thick. 

My conclusion? None.  I'll leave it to Amber to keep things as ambiguous as she wants to.
Rafe

Alondro

*Charles points at Devin*  Nope, he's gay.

*Devin*  You go ta hell!  You go ta hell and you die!

:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Izkata

Erauh?  What's with people not knowing if Xander is gay or not?  Whatever happened to this comic?

And, as for gay jokes between friends - I can't really say anything about between gay guys, but for between two straight guys, sure it can, easily.  ~points at college dorms~  :mowhappy

As for if Devin is gay... Just because I'm certain Xander is doesn't mean Devin is, although I am inclined to believe that.  I mean, it sounds like those two have worked together for years, so they'd most certainly be comfortable with each other and there's no reason for jokes like that not to come up.

ShiningShadow

Okay then let's leave it in Ambers hands to see where this is going. For now I will hold my decision till something falls maybe a shoe etc. Anywho If they are friends a very long time then these joke reinforce their friendship. Or who knows in this strip I'm confused when Xander made that joke in the first place that we go to these forums and speculate till no end.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Izkata on November 20, 2006, 01:02:15 PM

And, as for gay jokes between friends - I can't really say anything about between gay guys, but for between two straight guys, sure it can, easily.  ~points at college dorms~  :mowhappy

Can straight men have a conversation where they do not question each other's sexuality? The world may never know! >:3

Stygian

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 20, 2006, 01:10:53 PM
Can straight men have a conversation where they do not question each other's sexuality? The world may never know! >:3

...and here I stand, sipping my tea, like a large wound in all the rules of what the rest of humanity seems to adhere to...

There is always more to things than what is apparrent. As long as their situation and conversation remains even the slightest bit ambiguous, we can never know for sure. And in either case, I do not really put that much significance into it, even though I may sometimes make certain statements for the sake of humour. And I don't think that people should do either, since as of yet it has not proved to have any impact on the whole story.

Although, I do believe that a good "cause" for Devin possibly being homosexual (if there ever was such a thing) might have been trauma that he suffered at his mother's hands, causing him to find women unattractive.

Alan Garou

I call those "Tuesday Conversations." But seriously, I doubt anyone is completely confident in their sexuality. Everybody has the occasional deviant thought, and that is perfectly normal. (Whatever the heck "normal" is.) :confused

Distracting

Maybe when talking to women, but those moments are few and far between.

e_voyager

i never really worry about my sexualitie after all way worry about it when your not indulging?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Izkata

ShiningShadow

Okay then maybe its normal in the sense of both parties of Xander and Devin to talk like that okay point taken. But as I experience in somethings with people in general there is always one rule when someone make comments regarding something in the sense of a offcolor homosexual remark then the person who made that remark is somewhat closeted homosexual (I hope I did not offend anybody if I did then I apologize for the observation that I made). That's how I see it if anybody disagrees then that's okay I'm just comparing thise strip with human nature sometimes they could be alike in certain areas. But I could be wrong knowing that the strip is somewhat way off in the sense of human nature and stuff.