11/17 - Bustles and Hedgerows

Started by bill, November 16, 2006, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

That went well, I'll have to say.

Zedd

Yeah....Reeaaallllyy smmooootthhh

Kasarn

Maybe they're just looking for Cubi in order to get better at playing poker... >_>

Jack McSlay

well I thought so... abel's got such a luck, a entire hero party arrives right when Mab, Alexsi, Wildy and Pyroduck are out

speaking of cubi I wonder if Fi did report to Fa'Lina, it would be quite a mess if she decided to show up >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

bill

Bah, the misspelling doesn't correct when I correct the root post?  :<

KarlOmega1

:drool:   That gal...isn't that Genesis4? She looks hawt!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

bill

Oh, thank god, it works. Now nobody ever has to know I misspelt "Hedgerow". Oh, crap.

Akisohida

Poor Abel. I bet they are looking for Dan and all hell breaks loose when they use some magic alarm to see who is a cubi and they scan Dan-lexi and it goes off. They would not use it on Abel because they think he is perfectly normal Merlitz. :giggle

Dam come walking in, the spell informs the party, and they charge Dan and end up trashing the Inn just in time for Alexi to come home and beat everyone into a mallet-induced coma for wrecking everything! :mwaha
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Zedd

Quote from: Akisohida on November 16, 2006, 09:08:21 PM
Dan come walking in, the spell informs the party, and they charge Dan and end up trashing the Inn just in time for Alexi to come home and beat everyone into a mallet-induced coma for wrecking everything! :mwaha

I would choose the thrashing

Boog

Ha, figured that would work out alright. So, this mean Merl's old party members are going to be part of the DMFA cast now? That'd be pretty cool.

Merlitz: "You may fire me Amber, but four more will show up in my place!"

Fresnor

Questions I have are; did Amber plan to bring this group back a long time ago?  Or is it a convenient excuse to redraw them to distract from her earlier comics?  Secondly, how many people won't get what movie the quote is from.  Not sure if they put it in the newer, crappier one since I didn't watch it much.

NoAI

Well, at least this explains why they all had mind shielding. Though this does raise more questions. Questions that will of course only be answered at dramatic appropriate timing.

Top on my question list now:
Who hired them?
Everyone and their grandmother in tow probably knew about Dan and Des, so while it's possible someone got upset about one of Aary's incidents, I think we're looking at someone outside of town. Like from, oh I don't know, twink territory?
Hey, we know Biggs is smart. Seems right up his alley, really.

Akisohida

Quote from: NoAI on November 16, 2006, 09:17:29 PM
Well, at least this explains why they all had mind shielding. Though this does raise more questions. Questions that will of course only be answered at dramatic appropriate timing.

Top on my question list now:
Who hired them?
Everyone and their grandmother in tow probably knew about Dan and Des, so while it's possible someone got upset about one of Aary's incidents, I think we're looking at someone outside of town. Like from, oh I don't know, twink territory?
Hey, we know Biggs is smart. Seems right up his alley, really.

Biggs thinks Dan is a girl, not a cubi. :) Biggs is..intelligent enough to control the twinks but 'intelligent' is not the same as 'smart' or even 'observant'. Trust a critter who gets his meals vial trapping. :mwaha
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tarkya

Heh... gotta love that comedic irony.

Does Genesis4 look... soulless in that last frame to anyone else?

Sid

*plays FF8 boss theme* Whooooooo magic fight!

Okay, possibly not, but it would be an interesting sight...
:boogie

Anticheese

Hah, that Dune reference in the last panel was priceless..

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Anticheese on November 16, 2006, 09:42:23 PM

Muad'Dan! Muad'Dan!

I can just see it now: Paul Muad'Dan, the Ghola Duncan Abelho... :rolleyes

Anticheese

Big difference there, Mua'dib actually had a brain!

Manawolf

I say tell the truth about how Alexsi's brother became a cubi, but isn't cool with the whole soul eating thing.

Zorro

Quote from: Komissar Makarov on November 16, 2006, 09:45:27 PM
Quote from: Anticheese on November 16, 2006, 09:42:23 PM

Muad'Dan! Muad'Dan!

I can just see it now: Paul Muad'Dan, the Ghola Duncan Abelho... :rolleyes

....And THEN they commenced with the worm riding and gratuitous special effects lightning.....
:bunny

Meech

My mind went straight to the Caffeine Mantra.  Skipped the whole spice thing. 

I just had an interesting thought.  I would like to see this happen.

Fa'Lina and Aaryanna both show up from the SAIA.  Destania returns from twink territories and Abel pulls the spell off of Dan.  You would have five cubi surrounding four adventurers.  I think absolutely assured destruction would stop any fight starting from the adventurers side.

Anticheese

Quote from: Manawolf on November 16, 2006, 09:49:57 PM
I say tell the truth about how Alexsi's brother became a cubi, but isn't cool with the whole soul eating thing.

It's not a good idea to de-shapeshift right infront of the friends of an acquaintance, and especially so when both are adventureres predisposed to go against 'Cubi.

Alan Garou

He's right. Probably would have been best to tell the truth from the start, despite what the party is there for. And now, because of the lies, things will just keep getting worse and worse.  :rolleyes

Grenn

Oops :D

Bad timing coupled with bad things :D

I see this going downhill fast.....

Kitsune Ascendant

despite not being a bene geserit (sp? I don't have the book with me at this time), he wears the litany against fear quite well, if humerously.

I love how is eyes bugged out like that.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Roureem Egas

Nice reference. :P

I'm kinda wondering about which Cubi the party was sent to investigate. Do they mean Abel-as-Merlitz, Dan-as-Alexsi, or Aary-who's-already-gone?

I see a "STOP PROVING ME WRONG!" moment in the near future.

Manawolf

Quote from: Anticheese on November 16, 2006, 09:53:47 PM

It's not a good idea to de-shapeshift right infront of the friends of an acquaintance, and especially so when both are adventureres predisposed to go against 'Cubi.

No, they tell the truth, but they keep the disguises.  Let the info sink in a little at a time.

TikiTDO

Though the Dune miniseries was a lot cheaper to produce it was also far more loyal to the book.

Faerie Alex

Hmm...Could a combination of shock/fear offset the transformation that Abel has on himself? Mainly, does he have to keep consciously thinking about the transformation, or is it in effect until he makes another thought to end it.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Grenn

Probably from Aaryana. After all, she did go around without hiding anything. Dan wouldn't attract too much attention with just back wings. They seem to be fairly common. But her going day to day for a while with head wings out is probably a big "Here be Cubi" sign :)