10-20-06: Well, one bell ain't chiming...

Started by Aisha deCabre, October 19, 2006, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Holy crud...history-making for me.  I've finally gotten the first post about the new strip.   :rolleyes

So...I never thought I'd see the day Wildy was out-worded...  :erk
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

bill

Kenji

Hmm...
"The pen is mightier than the sword"
or
"Might makes right"
So..... I honestly can't say who wins there. >.>

Roureem Egas

Ooo, burn.

I'd have thought Abel wouldn't have read through Wildy's memories so quickly. Unless he was reading her thoughts which may have been mulling over the book thing.

LigerJet

Wildy's actually upset.  Is this the first time? :O

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Akisohida

I smell a cubi singing soprano! :kirby Makes me glad I am only half mammal; the upper half. >.> I dunno if I should say 'Poor Wildy' or 'Poor Abel'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bill

Jim Halisstrad

Pfft, I think both of em kinda deserved it.

Stygian

Indeed.

What? You want me to say more? That's all you get!

Draksaith

Well, both of 'em deserved it, but Abel so much more than Wildy.

Zedd

Sides its the smallest people you should beware and not the tallest  :paranoid

e_voyager

i'm still not sure how  Abel could have taken Dan's warning  so lightly. admittedly he did throe her off balance but was it worth it? a reflex pain more over a tried and testes normal attack move. i don't think that either won that round but i hesitate to call it a draw.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

The ones with their jaws in height with your crotch, you mean, Zedd?

And neither of them actually won anything on it, no. Which is only appropriate.

Sid

Ouch. Harsh. And I'm not talking about the punching here.

Abel-respect just dropped a whole degree, actually. I can (kinda) guess that this is what an outsider must think about the situation, but it's also the reason why outsiders should just STFU about such issues until they get some perspective. Very rude, very over-the-top, and exactly the worst thing to say right after the end of the last arc.

Besides, isn't Abel supposed to be a mind-reader? He hasn't exactly been holding back with his powers (to the degree of trying to use powers on beings who are ironically enough immune against them), so this should have been a no-brainer. Heck, he could have read ANYBODY'S mind to figure out what's going on here. Unless he's just pulling a "Not only Superman can be a dick" stunt in a misguided attempt to somehow avenge Jyrras.

And THIS is why I wanted the Abel-Wildy meeting in the last arc. Wildy's third-panel "My world is collapsing - could this be what my friends think?" expression really makes me regret that this got relocated into a comic-violence arc. But maybe we'll still get to see such musings later on, though... assuming that this arc is going to stick with Wildy's party once they leave. Or we'll actually get to see it right away - who knows?
:boogie

e_voyager

personally i thing that once she calms down she is going to have a nice calm talk with Abel while he shiver form Dan's memories and the mental imagery of what wildly want to do to him for upsetting her like that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Wanderer

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 19, 2006, 09:23:44 PM
Ooo, burn.

I'd have thought Abel wouldn't have read through Wildy's memories so quickly. Unless he was reading her thoughts which may have been mulling over the book thing.
Eh? No no, remember he was present for the beginnings of the Jyrras-discovers-the-book escapade. Thus, he knows someone named Wildy wrote and published a moderately explicit romance novel, directly using the character of a friend, without informing that friend beforehand. From his point of view that was a pretty back-stabbish thing for a "friend" to do. But still, he's running on limited information and he should have stayed quiet. I guess he figured that going on the offensive right away would be the best way to win this argument.

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Stygian on October 19, 2006, 09:56:17 PM
The ones with their jaws in height with your crotch, you mean, Zedd?

Anyway, what the Abel situation needs is a liberal sprinkling of Pip maulings.  Pip makes EVERYTHING better.  It's been a while since we've seen the little bugger in action.

*edit* The errors of relying on spellcheck alone are abundant

Titanium Dragon

I don't think Abel even needed to read her mind there - remember, he was in the bookstore with Jyrras, and he probably picked it up from him rather than her. Its also worth noting that he is more cold than nasty, and it isn't really his problem - he is there to teach Dan, not to do whatever Dan and his friends want him to do. He was nice enough to disguise Dan. It was a pretty low blow to Wildy, but he was being threatened and Wildy really did have it coming.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Wanderer on October 19, 2006, 10:07:11 PMI guess he figured that going on the offensive right away would be the best way to win this argument.
"You thought wrong, bitch!" :O

e_voyager

xHaZxMaTx

It wasn't intentional, but I suppose you're right, to a degree.  What you're thinking of is, "You guessed wrong, bitch!"

Zedd

Its not a good thing when you have a ferret is close to your coin purse and able to punch it like a bag

Boog

*Collapses into little ball of laughter*

Heh, now on the one hand I don't approve of Abel being stubborn about this but on the other Wildy SO had that coming. Him being stubborn and difficult and her writing the novel about Jyrras just cancelled each other out!

Draksaith

Quote from: Zedd on October 19, 2006, 10:12:36 PM
Its not a good thing when you have a ferret is close to your coin purse and able to punch it like a bag

*Note to self... when around irritable ferrets, wear a cup*

e_voyager

i think that this is far form over. and we know what happened with Jyrras and Lorenda but what about Dan? what did he think of her novel?

Lomgren

*winces*  That has never happened to me, and I hope it never happens to me.  And as been said more eloquently before me, I can see where Abel is coming from.  But Abel also doesn't know everyone that well, so he's judging the book by the cover, so to speak.  Secondhand information can be quite deadly and is easily misused.

Grenn

*POW!!!*

owie........

Well, he asked for it :D And he knows about it because he was there when Jyrass found out it was Wildy, and when Dan explained to him who Wildy was ;)

:ipod <- Best emoticon in a long time

Manawolf

I don't think he'll be in any condition to help.  And remembrer folks, the chaotic critters are very hard to predict what they'll do, especially when you make the opening blow.