Don't Do Anything Amber Has Done - 10/6/06

Started by Alan Garou, October 05, 2006, 09:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

I'm glad for the update, but I wish she wouldn't belittle herself like this. Also, she put off Daniel in a dress! Why, oh why did she delay such a hilarious thing?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Alan Garou on October 05, 2006, 09:26:11 PM
Why, oh why did she delay such a hilarious thing?

7 hour drive...resulting in me arriving back in Canada at 2 AM Thursday morning. :3

Roureem Egas

Most likely because it requires less work in the coloring department. (Darn. Ninja-ed.)

Kekekeke. Let's keep the support for the comic to continue living up. >:3

Boog

Sketchy boy

I think ive done the Anime rip off.
hmm... done an inside joke..
AND have made charecters based off games...

I need to be slapped by a comic guru...

GabrielsThoughts

wow, I have a buffer of more than 400 pages(not including fancomics), but no web page, no fanbase, and really crappy goth/anime style artwork... does that mean once I get my webpage up in running that it will outlive Ambers?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sketchy boy

I don't think i can make that many since highschool is not being so evil.  When football season ends I'll start to draw alot more then I use to.

Edit: That reminds me, Im afraid of looking into my DA inbox sincei havn't been on in awile.  Ive tried to get on in the past but I always got interrupted.

bill

Manawolf

Your comics wins cause it makes people laugh at something more than puns and your art rocks.

xHaZxMaTx

Alan Garou

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 05, 2006, 09:34:45 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on October 05, 2006, 09:26:11 PM
Why, oh why did she delay such a hilarious thing?

7 hour drive...resulting in me arriving back in Canada at 2 AM Thursday morning. :3
:footinmouth Ouch. I hope your string of bad luck stops soon. Besides, I can wait. It gives us more time to speculate.

Silverfoxr

i fall into all of ambers cliches as well >< and i still think i suck ><

skwerly

Kenji

You're gonna go bald if you keep pullin on your hair, there, Amber lass. o:

Zedd

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 05, 2006, 10:35:31 PM
You're gonna go bald if you keep pullin on your hair, there, Amber lass. o:

And some guys expect gals have some least some hair there! Amber in a wig....Yikes!  :erk

Aridas

About the cliche thing, I think it's using it on purpose that would be the bad thing. Not just doing it because... well, that's how you've done it.

Jack McSlay

lol... the comic is nice enough even with all the clichés. but one thing I must agreeis the other's char thing. most comics I saw that did that (actually DMFA is the only exception) died quickly, and I think DMFA could have bad turns if Amber kept adding loads of other people's chars for crucial roles like some people do
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

King Of Hearts

*Reads the comic*

*takes a look at his sketchpad*

*Burns sketchpad*

Manawolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 05, 2006, 11:04:24 PM
lol... the comic is nice enough even with all the clichés. but one thing I must agreeis the other's char thing. most comics I saw that did that (actually DMFA is the only exception) died quickly, and I think DMFA could have bad turns if Amber kept adding loads of other people's chars for crucial roles like some people do

Jack has also managed this, only keeping the roles smaller for the most part.  The only exception was with Silverblue, who he had her as the protaganist of an entire arc (and one of the most memorable arcs at that).  I bet half her popularity comes from showing up in the Jack comic in such a role.

Then again, David Hopkins also is an epic story teller that'll leave you convulsing on the floor over the amount of emotion that pours out of his work.

Jim Halisstrad

It's probably for the best that I don't do anything but the occasional doodle.  I mean, if I did do a comic it would be something that people could point to and silently scream;  Their tears mixing with blood and collecting in pools deep enough to send little paper boats across.

On a side note, Fluffy is one of my favorite characters :3

Slavkei

Quote from: Manawolf on October 06, 2006, 02:58:40 AM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 05, 2006, 11:04:24 PM

Jack has also managed this, only keeping the roles smaller for the most part.  The only exception was with Silverblue, who he had her as the protaganist of an entire arc (and one of the most memorable arcs at that).  I bet half her popularity comes from showing up in the Jack comic in such a role.

Then again, David Hopkins also is an epic story teller that'll leave you convulsing on the floor over the amount of emotion that pours out of his work.

Uh cochise no offense but this be the Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures forum. You're looking for the Jack forums, Cochise Megillah Macguffin Jones Amblerash III, Esq.

Zedd

Cliché or not...Amber is still good how she does it...Least she knows how to add viva la life

Tapewolf

Apart from the artwork which is good as of around 2002 and has improved progressively ever since, the world design is perhaps one of the real treasures of DMFA - it provides such a huge scope for stories and what-if concepts.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 05, 2006, 09:46:29 PM
wow, I have a buffer of more than 400 pages(not including fancomics), but no web page, no fanbase, and really crappy goth/anime style artwork... does that mean once I get my webpage up in running that it will outlive Ambers?

You can't outlive that which is immortal.  D:
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Gabi

Well, it takes a special talent to go against all traditional advice and STILL make it good. That reminded me of the Fanfic section of TPM (originally a Pokemon message board) where there was a large list of things not to be done when writing a fic, and yet most of the best fics had done at least one of those things. I think the truth is you can do just about anything, but you have to do it well. Don't mimic what others have done, be creative. I'm aware that I'm giving advice to no one in particular, but it's free to take for anyone who can use it. :)

Congratulations to Amber on getting back AND on making a comic that keeps beating her own expectations.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Jack McSlay

but we should say... it could be a lot worst... ate least it's not a gaming webcomic  >:3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Vidar

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 06, 2006, 06:33:04 AM
but we should say... it could be a lot worst... ate least it's not a gaming webcomic  >:3

Or a sprite-based comic, or a computer-humour comic, or a comic based on Amber's real life...
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

RJ

Aw, no Dan-Dress-Ups...

>.> And on another note: Don't do anything RJ has done either- which mostly includes mixing muffins and uranium.

LionHeart

Quote from: RJ on October 06, 2006, 09:38:18 AM
...Don't do anything RJ has done either- which mostly includes mixing muffins and uranium.

You'll give yourself atomic ache...  :P
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears