Started by mini-lion, September 12, 2006, 02:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini-lion

Smoke on the horizon, the plot takes pace

Kasarn

Quick, to the well worn path!

They'll get there in an hour or so :P

Tapewolf

I wonder if it's anyone we know?  (Thinking of the burning, not the monster)

By the way, did anyone else see the last pane as a giant black bird against a blue sky, saying "let's go"?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aldoun

Not at first, but now that you mention it I can see it. As for the burning, I think it's the Regal Post.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aldoun on September 12, 2006, 03:38:10 AM
Not at first, but now that you mention it I can see it. As for the burning, I think it's the Regal Post.

That would make sense, and it would help spiral the story out of control, as is right and proper.  And we're still only in the first part... :)

King Of Hearts

And now do we see the reason to Abel's phobia... hmm...

Tapewolf

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 12, 2006, 06:33:28 AM
And now do we see the reason to Abel's phobia... hmm...

I still think it's got to be someone dear to him. :(

ShiningShadow

Who could it be? The only person very dear to Abel is his mom :U. This could be the story line that will spiral out of control. Who knows? I can't wait to see what happens next.........

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 12, 2006, 06:44:49 AM
Who could it be? The only person very dear to Abel is his mom :U. This could be the story line that will spiral out of control. Who knows? I can't wait to see what happens next.........

Well, since he was more-or-less adopted by Fa'lina at SAIA, that suggests he didn't have any parents when he got there.  So I was guessing both.

ShiningShadow

Oh no  :U both? Man that will put that story out of control. Will wait and see what happens next. But hear this from me TW I know if you say it will be true then they will be hell to pay if Abel has any say about it........

Sid

Easing off from the wild, long-term speculation: Best Xander faces in a while. *happy sigh*
:boogie

ShiningShadow

Yep cool action from xander face. I can't wait for more till then *poof*  damn I should taken a bus................. :laugh :laugh :laugh

Drake Manaweilder

I'm seeing a blood-soaked town somewhere in the future...

Kenji

*sniff sniff* Mmm, smells like burny.

Arcalane

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is that the post? Or Abel's home? .....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Home is where the heart is. In Abel's case, while he lives in the city, I'll bet you, his _true_ home is with his parents.

No matter how long you've been out on your own, your parents hold a special place in your heart. Only they can excise themselves from it.

Alondro

*Charline grins*  I forsee suffering... nummy!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 12, 2006, 10:47:36 AM
Home is where the heart is. In Abel's case, while he lives in the city, I'll bet you, his _true_ home is with his parents.

They live in Zinvth too, though.  At first I thought you meant it was his original home, but they're heading away from that, and besides he didn't have a very memorable childhood there anyway.

*EDIT*
Cindy was his last link to the village, unless we count Devin who threw rocks at him anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

True, I'd forgotten that. Blame it on too much work and not enough sleep... :-/

ITOS

The smoke looks a bit funny to me. Also, it seems to be more of a single spot that has been set on fire not an entire village. It seems more likely to me that it would be the post.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Lomgren

...I should go back and reread Abel's Story... it's been long enough that I'm forgetting details.  Good way to bring more tension into the story and switch problems at the same time.  As always, I'm wondering what will happen next.

And I'll agree... small fire, compared to an entire village burning.  That would probably blacken the sky... unless they were far enough away for it to appear to be that small.  And that I doubt.

GabrielsThoughts

I'm wondering whether or not the fire was coming from where they were taking Abel or not.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ITOS

Quote from: Lomgren on September 12, 2006, 12:38:32 PM
unless they were far enough away for it to appear to be that small.  And that I doubt.

Indeed. If the smoke was far away it would be more... dissolved and not so compact.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The most critical question is... how big is "the post" ? I'm thinking more a bunch of buildings than a single inn-type building. Fence round the outside, couple stores, that sort of thing - think small village, out west in the US. You've got to have a palisade, to protect the inhabitants, and you've got to have room to store the goods that may or may not be bought by them, or may save their lives if you get surrounded.

Given the time and the expected capabilities, I'd expect sieges to be a possibility, if done by a single Creature scaring Beings until they all hide inside, sort of thing. Not necessarily a "cover all the exits and wait for them to starve" type siege, but a siege nonetheless... So the palisade is required, not optional, although, given the availability of winged Creatures, one would expect them to be able to leap surprisingly high obstacles, so less effort than you'd expect of a human would be put into defensive structures like that - unless manned, they're basically just going to slow you down, not them, and if they're manned, you're just spreading out the smorgasbord...

Building structure I'd expect to be the main defensive point - smallish windows, strong walls, etc - except that, since there's magic around, you may find large windows with a strong magical defense. Which won't be obvious. :-)

... Erm, yeah. That's probably enough waffle for now :-)

Zedd

Well have two two things to say, 1. KK did you caused that fire???  D:  2. I belive this a nice comic sideline story so far

KarlOmega1

Just noticed the date on the topic title is wrong...it's 9/12 , not 12/11
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

ITOS

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks, I was going to add an umlaut over the second o, but my keyboard doesn't have it handy, so... I would still have been incorrect anyway. :-)