02/28/10 [DMFA #1093] Stay Tuned...

Started by AmigaDragon, February 28, 2010, 03:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Can Pip tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

That's easy to do!  :mowhappy
I'd be more interested to see if he can do those Sudoku puzzles...........those things are so frustrating!!  :cuss

BetaToxin5

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on February 28, 2010, 03:14:36 AM
That's easy to do!  :mowhappy
I'd be more interested to see if he can do those Sudoku puzzles...........those things are so frustrating!!  :cuss

Or maybe even *gasp* wordsearch puzzels!

Turnsky

okay folks, somebody who's attending a con with Amber, give the girl a roll of duct tape, evidently she's having trouble not falling apart.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kenji

Quote from: Turnsky on February 28, 2010, 03:43:27 AM
okay folks, somebody who's attending a con with Amber, give the girl a roll of duct tape, evidently she's having trouble not falling apart.  :U

Hard to do when the woman's made of sticks and marshmallows. :T There's not much to tape.

Bjalf

Quote from: Kenji on February 28, 2010, 04:20:09 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 28, 2010, 03:43:27 AM

Hard to do when the woman's made of sticks and marshmallows. :T There's not much to tape.

If it can't be repaired with hot glue and duct tape, then it's not from this world.

John Roh

Quote from: Bjalf on February 28, 2010, 05:25:03 AM
If it can't be repaired with hot glue and duct tape, then it's not from this world.
hmm allways getting sick and evidence suggests she isn't from earth? ... there can be only one conclusion she's a Quarian.

Sind

Bjalf

Quote from: Sind on February 28, 2010, 05:45:15 AM
I KNEW Pip was an accordion master!

The worst thing is that with the accordion and that hat, I'm now imagining Pip in lederhosen.

:villagepeople

'A'

Wanderer

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 28, 2010, 03:00:39 AM
Can Pip tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

Can't everyone? They're as different as night and day.

And good Heavens, Amber! Do we need to get you a full environment suit?

Anker Steadfast

It is my firm belief that webcomic artists are the most illness-prone people .... *clarkson voice* IN THE WORLD !!

Get well Amber.  :hug

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: John Roh on February 28, 2010, 05:34:07 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on February 28, 2010, 05:25:03 AM
hmm allways getting sick and evidence suggests she isn't from earth? ... there can be only one conclusion she's a Quarian.

So that's why she gets sick more frequently than normal, she's not wearing her suit! I always wondered what was under those masks, now I don't have to wonder anymore.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Lucheek

Maybe that's where all of Amber's conscore went. Mason absorbed it.

Also, Accordian Pip is quiet awesome.

Drayco84

Awww... Poor Amber... Get well soon, okay?

Although, it just seems like Amber herself is rather illness-prone. If any of the dozen other web comic authors I visit get sick, they don't say much about it in their news. Then again, it could be the fact that most of them are written by guys. And most will tell you that if most guys get shot, they'll just claim it's a flesh wound... ("Dude, I can see your spleen!" "Meh, it's just a flesh wound.")

On a related note, I wonder what her dietary habits are... Here in the states, due to the large frequency of recalls, NOTHING is safe... Meat is contaminated by salmonella, veggies are contaminated by salmonella, (Probably even moreso than the meat. Scary, huh?) and the only thing that seems safe is those super-processed foods which are nothing but empty calories by the time they're done processing the crap out of it...

I'm aware that she's in Canada, and Canada usually rejects American-produced food (Gee, I wonder why...), but I still wonder...

I'd leave you with some words of encouragement, but they'd make Abel and Merlitz look like nice guys in comparison...

Balance

Hm. Pip has already demonstrated another talent no one seems to have picked up on...he can apparently read strip titles.

I hope Amber feels better soon. (No matter how amusing Pipdini and Alpine Pip are.)

Scow2

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 28, 2010, 12:06:37 PM
On a related note, I wonder what her dietary habits are... Here in the states, due to the large frequency of recalls, NOTHING is safe... Meat is contaminated by salmonella, veggies are contaminated by salmonella, (Probably even moreso than the meat. Scary, huh?) and the only thing that seems safe is those super-processed foods which are nothing but empty calories by the time they're done processing the crap out of it...
Incorrect on so many levels... Most foods in the U.S. are perfectly safe, the recall scares are mild, don't apply to most people, and only worth mentioning because the affected people are scattered throughout the U.S... when one plant gets contaminated, it gets distributed everywhere, but highly diluted. As far as the super-processed foods... don't buy into the "Organic is inherently better" bullshit... Do the research yourself.

As far as Amber constantly getting sick... she really needs to take the Great Fortitude feat next available level-up... or look into becoming a Living Construct. Then she wouldn't have to eat... but that -2 CHA can cause problems with her Perform (Storytelling) skill.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Scow2 on March 03, 2010, 06:20:37 PM
Quote from: Drayco84 on February 28, 2010, 12:06:37 PM
Incorrect on so many levels... Most foods in the U.S. are perfectly safe, the recall scares are mild, don't apply to most people, and only worth mentioning because the affected people are scattered throughout the U.S... when one plant gets contaminated, it gets distributed everywhere, but highly diluted. As far as the super-processed foods... don't buy into the "Organic is inherently better" bullshit... Do the research yourself.

As far as Amber constantly getting sick... she really needs to take the Great Fortitude feat next available level-up... or look into becoming a Living Construct. Then she wouldn't have to eat... but that -2 CHA can cause problems with her Perform (Storytelling) skill.

Most of the contaminated food here in the US comes from other countries.  The salmonella contaminated vegetables here (the lettuce that was recalled), came from Mexico, as a farmer there was using hog waste as a fertilizer.

As for the mad cow disease, this was caused by introducing meat by-products such as the brains of sheep (where the virus originated) into the food of cattle.  This practice was outlawed here in the US over a decade a ago, so any contaminated beef here in the US is usually because the cattle was shipped from another country to the US for processing.

MT Hazard

The author of 'fast food nation' seemed to think that a lot of US slaughter houses produced  meat contaminated with cattle waste and... human remains.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Bjalf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 03, 2010, 09:26:51 PM
The author of 'fast food nation' seemed to think that a lot of US slaughter houses produced  meat contaminated with cattle waste and... human remains.

Soylent Green?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on March 04, 2010, 03:30:59 AM
Soylent Green?

Since no-one could afford it anyway except as an occasional treat, it wouldn't really matter if it was made of people or not (it was actually soya and lentils, hence the name).

See also this thread

(Yes, I had the misfortune of reading the book and then seeing the film)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

I bet if Amber actually had a balanced diet this wouldn't be a problem.

EAT UR SPINNACH
Help! I'm gay!

Bjalf

Quote from: Drathorin on March 04, 2010, 08:45:03 AM

EAT UR SPINNACH

Actually, spinach is not that good ...

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Bjalf on March 04, 2010, 10:57:46 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on March 04, 2010, 08:45:03 AM

EAT UR SPINNACH

Actually, spinach is not that good ...

But spinach does taste quite sweet.  I should know, I had my first taste of spinach about 6 years ago (when I was 27).  However the taste was also in with vinegar in the Lemon Pepper Chicken that my mom made.  (She must have been going for a sweet and sour taste)