The Line in the Stars (OOC) [PG/14] - Closed

Started by Azlan, July 20, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay Okay Mr Fire solves everything.  expect Tidal Waves or earthquakes.

PBH

Meany

Quote from: Azlan on May 20, 2010, 01:44:29 AM
Chuck Norris in pink... could he still kick your ass as fast?
Of course. :V

I never recommend any version of Internet Exploder... my personal opinion of course... and tend to recommend the use of Firefox.  Well, come on... I am a fox you know...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Your solution is noted, although perhaps this might have been more useful in the thread about the new skins...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay I switcher to Foxy fire....no problems

With game
Oh Squirrelly, I was trying to answer your questions,(indirectly) but you seem to have fallen a sleep.  I will try to wake you sidle like if you want me too.

:mowcookie
PBH

:giggle

SquirrelWizard

Feel free to try... Be warned, you're trying to wake a cranky squirrel from sleep and the last cup of coffee had was probably 5 years ago.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: SquirrelWizard on May 21, 2010, 03:36:39 PM
Feel free to try... Be warned, you're trying to wake a cranky squirrel from sleep and the last cup of coffee had was probably 5 years ago.

I know I like Tea, but you could have asked We had coffee.

Thanks for the info
PBH

Shachza

Hello!  I can play too! (Azlan seemed OK with things, just lemme' know what I need to tweak)

Full name: Zhildar D'ral La'orth kroi'id Namulk'nam
Given Name:  La'orth [lä-ōrth]
Family Name:  Namulk'nam (kroi'id literally means "of the family") [kroi-id nam'ulk-näm]
Age: 63 (in a program of gene enhancement for longevity)
Species:  Korsinian [kōr'sin-ē'an]
Occupation:  Long range recon fighter pilot, general mechanic, general soldier

Appearance:  Saurian; an anthro version of a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park.  Angular head, sharp teeth, scales, no hair, and a long tail; though it is sinuous instead of stiff as a board.  They also have the vicious hooked claw for their first toe like Velociraptors.  La'orth is most often found wearing a pilot suit or a mechanic's multi-pocketed apron and well-worn pants.  Under both eyes he bears the horizontal blue slash over a small blue circle that signifies his rank of D'ral.  He also has also painted a series of black slashes across the back and sides of his neck, altogether they resemble a stylized pair of wings and they show his support of D'ku'irak Shachza. [du'kū-i'rak shach-zą]  There is what appears to be a "plug" in the middle of this design at the back of his head.
Scales:  mostly bright green with drab gray-green and gray-brown striping.
Eyes:  Light blue-gray
Height: 5'7"
Build: Lithe
Here is what Korsinians used to look like before I toned them down.  It's a good example of the body type if you ignore all the additional bits like wings, horns, the beak, etc.

Background:  Born on a L'ran [lu'ran] class medical ship as most of the new clutches are, La'orth has spent the vast majority of his life in space.  As is typical with Korsinian clutches, the names of the biological parents are kept secret in a tradition that is supposed make the children succeed by their own devices.  That is not to say that they are abandoned; fresh out of the egg each Korsinian is surrounded by a group of similar-aged hatchlings.  This group doesn't change through primary school, and often several remain together well into adulthood.  New clutches are rarer nowadays that space is a much rarer commodity, so La'orth has always felt gifted that he is alive.

From childhood he knew that he wanted to join the military arm of society.  Vids ranging from the loyal defense from evil pirates of lawful employers such as with the Asyan [äs'yän] race, to the stoic determination of the Korsinians at the Gerasri [ger-as'rē] Nebula and the Nyel'kelith [nyel-kel'ith] asteroid field were La'orths favorite pastime entertainment.  He still remembers first day he saw D'ku'irak Shachza in person conferring with the head of the vessel La'orth was going through school on.  He resolved to be a hero like that and save his race.

La'orth has tempered his youthful enthusiasm in the intervening years since becoming a pilot, but he has replaced that with determination.  He has risen through the ranks to command a flight of five H'vae'ek [hu'vā'ek] starfighters, and his squadron has been together for over 10 years now.  He has been on several raids and has been commended for both his skill in piloting, and his ability to adapt to groundside operations as needed.  Currently his squadron is on scouting duty to look for resources and to chart systems.

Skills:  La'orth is an excellent pilot with years of experience in space.  He has less experience with atmospheric duty, but he can hold his own.  Given the nomadic nature of his species, and the limited resources they have, he, like many pilots, has gotten to know his ship inside and out and can put it back together given enough time.  As with any member of the Korsinian military, he has passed basic training for both spaceborn and groundside personal combat.  He is also a big fan of history vids and is a wealth of random knowledge about historical events.

(I'll live it at that for now.  I'll probably add more as Azlan OK's more stuff)

Korsinian pronunciation  (for you other supernerds out there)
chain,  go, sing, ŦHen, thin, fāte, fär, fat, fąll, mē, met, pīne, pin, nōte, not, möve, tūbe, tub, bųll, oil, pound

The next four have no equivalent in English.
th is to ŦH as sh is to ZH
cc is sh created with the middle of the tongue instead of the tip.
ccc is sh created with the rear of the tongue instead of the tip.
underline is "rolled-R with the rear of the tongue" but combines with most other vocal sounds, this is not a seperate sound, it denotes anger when speaking
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just been a bit busy.  I will be posting soon, sorry for the delay.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

SquirrelWizard

Quote from: Azlan on May 27, 2010, 01:46:06 AM
I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just been a bit busy.  I will be posting soon, sorry for the delay.

Even if you had, I would have found the news suspect. Gravity tends to be unbiased.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Meany

Now, now.  He could have just tumbled into a deep, deep hole, gone beyond the planet's crust and smacked himself into the mantle.  :V

Or worse yet, fallen into a not-so-deep hole filled with hungry coyotes.

Regardless: Welcome back Azlan! :U

ShadesFox

They recently found coyotes around where I work.  It is awesome.

Also, I believe that Azlan is really rewatching the final episode of lost, with the polar bear.
The All Purpose Fox

Meany

Okay, longish post up.  I wasn't too certain about USB drives, so if there's some futuristic equivalent, let me know so I can edit? :U  Also, I just want y'all to know, I love cliffhangers, so expect them from me fairly regularly; oh, and I fail at fight scenes. :B

Meany

Dreadfully sorry for the doublepost.  Really, I am.  Going to have to put my hand in a waffle iron later for it, but I have a question.

Exactly what type of poison do these Harbingers use?  Neurotoxin?  Hemotoxin?  And how fast does it go into effect?  Is it necrotic?  Does it produce hallucinogenic side-effects?  All this and more. :B

SquirrelWizard

I think the double post rules only apply if they're done in quick succession. In your case there was like 8 days between post.

I don't know about the harbingers poison, but it made me think of this.

To: All Outpost Leaders
Re: New ruling in use of guard animals.

It has come to our attention, that the Thraxxias has begun to cause problems with many of our men. The Thraxxias are, for the most part, a good solid creature for the duties we demand for them. There is no denying that their lengthy prehensile tongues are extremely valuable in bringing down targets without harming them. And, the toxins they secrete in their sweat and saliva make are almost tailor made for their position. Unfortunately it is these toxins that are causing problems.

The toxins act like a strong hallucinogenic and are transferred by simple skin contact with any of the Thraxxias's fluids. This has lead to a rise in soldiers... misusing these animals. To which many companies have experienced a sudden drop in operational efficiency and a sharp rise in psychotic episodes. Even though we can order our men cease the use of the creatures overexposure of the toxin breeds a deep seated addiction to it, and its effects take many weeks to dissipate as the toxins are flushed out of the system.

It is my urging that we bite the bullet, and retire these beast from active service for a creature that doesn't pose such a temptation to our men.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Meany on June 08, 2010, 11:06:59 PM
Dreadfully sorry for the doublepost.  Really, I am.  Going to have to put my hand in a waffle iron later for it, but I have a question.
Yeah, adding onto what Squirrel said, in the specific case of OOC threads the no doublepost rule is a bit relaxed.

Lisky

Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

First i have a cousin's wedding in KittyHawk to attend, and then staying a few days at the beach with the fam.  After that, i rush home, do laundry, do some last minute running around, and head off to AnthroCon... soo ya.. i'll have a laptop with me, and, as long as i've got an internet connection, i'll check in from time to time... but for the most part, i'll be disappearing... Hope to get posts done in everything that is owed first, but if not, i'll do my best in the evenings.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

ShadesFox

Anthrocon usually has the tiger den attached to the zoo with 'net access.
The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

Quote from: Meany on June 08, 2010, 11:06:59 PM

Exactly what type of poison do these Harbingers use?  Neurotoxin?  Hemotoxin?  And how fast does it go into effect?  Is it necrotic?  Does it produce hallucinogenic side-effects?  All this and more. :B

It is most definitely a zootoxin, probably a neurotoxin.  It spreads slowly, Harbingers like to play with their food.  It is not necrotic, but it is psychotropic... so it likely does induce side effects.  It is not fatal or paralytic in small doses.  The pirates refine the substance and create a specific drug that is moderately popular on the black market for its ability to alter states of consciousness. 

ShadesFox

I kind of like this for space combat music.  Especially an escalation, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5OI_JuB0U
The All Purpose Fox

Shachza

Damn you shades!  Now I have more music to track down...
            <-- #1 that is!

SquirrelWizard

Just a heads up, I will be going on vacation starting 6/27, and will be gone for a week. I dont know if I will be able to snag an internet connection out there, so I will likely be silent for a while.

Prof B Hunnydew

You, too

I am on Forced vacation until July 5, My uncle Ben always puts me on holiday for a big project is done...

I will try to check in here if I can... but until the 5th, have a Happy 4th

:mowhappy
PBH

Azlan

I expected to have internet this past week, but Oregon seems to be such a void of signal.   I intended to respond earlier, but so be it.  I see the vacations and will be reducing posting to accommodate.

Have fun and all...  :P

ShadesFox

This could take a while.  I need to tactically reassess the situation with my most trustworthy crew.

*Gets out a deck of cards.  Plays a few games with Marissa and Richard*
The All Purpose Fox

Prof B Hunnydew

Aaawww  Can't I play tooo?

no.

I must be one of those unworthy crew members

:mowsad
PBH

Badly burned but back from family outing and unplugged week.

SquirrelWizard

Azlan

I see everyone is back, I shall get something up later tonight.

Shachza

Faster faster faster!  I'm bored!   :eager

hehe  :3
            <-- #1 that is!

Azlan

Posting from work computer... good thing I'm in charge of network monitoring.  Home computer took a dive, unknown issue at this time, may be down till the weekend.  Standby.

Meany

Okay, crap post is up.

If anyone spots some major issues with the post, please be a pal and point them out?  I won't mind if you chose to point them out with spears. :>