Addition to the Admin team

Started by Damaris, November 16, 2008, 08:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

The admins are proud to announce the addition of Tapewolf to our creepy little club.

Please be sure to afford him the same respect as you would any other admin (or more, in the case of some)  :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

techmaster-glitch

*jaw-drop* :disbelief Wha...?

Wow! Congratulations, Tapewolf! I actually have thought from time to time that you would make a good moderator/administrator!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Congratulations. So can we pester you with an endless barrage of requests for odd bits of information now too? :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

superluser

I noticed this a while back, but now there's actually a place to say congrats!

So...congrats!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Damaris

We were expecting someone to comment on it much more quickly, actually. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Reese Tora

Quote from: Damaris on November 16, 2008, 08:42:16 PM
Please be sure to afford him the same respect as you would any other admin (or more, in the case of some)  :)

*realigns the time line so that this is retroactively adjusted to always have been the case*

wait, no, that's just the logout butto-

--edit--

srsly, congratulations, Tapewolf. :)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jairus

Congrats, Tapewolf. You'll do a good job, I'm sure. If not...

:compbash

It's all your fault.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Zedd

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Cogidubnus

Grats, Tape. I noticed the name in blue thing, but I attributed it to perhaps something to do with the Half-Moon theater subforum moderator-ness.

And all shall cry, beware beware! The flashing eyes, the floating hair! Weave a circle round him thrice, and close your eyes in holy dread - for he on manna dew hath fed, and drunk the milk of paradise.

Dannysaysnoo

Congratulations, and Jubilations!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 17, 2008, 01:53:22 AM
Grats, Tape. I noticed the name in blue thing, but I attributed it to perhaps something to do with the Half-Moon theater subforum moderator-ness.

That only shows up in the forum in question.

If you look at Jigsaw's posts outside the Last Resort area, she's a normal user. Within, she's specially marked.

Just FYI. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

As llearch says, that only shows up within the subforum.  Also, I don't believe it shows up as such in the userlist, even when the moderator is in their own patch.

And all shall cry, beware beware! The flashing eyes, the floating hair! Weave a circle round him thrice, and close your eyes in holy dread - for he on manna dew hath fed, and drunk the milk of paradise.

That's Coleridge, right?

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 16, 2008, 10:25:29 PM
Congratulations. So can we pester you with an endless barrage of requests for odd bits of information now too? :P
Yes, but you might not get an answer  >:3

Quote from: Damaris on November 16, 2008, 11:02:27 PM
We were expecting someone to comment on it much more quickly, actually. ;)
Ren asked about it pretty quickly.  It took Keaton a little bit longer.

Anyway, thanks for the vote of confidence, guys!  It was a bit of a shock at first, but I'm coming to grips with it (so beware).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Paladin Sheppard

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 04:57:09 AM

As llearch says, that only shows up within the subforum.  Also, I don't believe it shows up as such in the userlist, even when the moderator is in their own patch.

Aha, interesting. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 04:57:09 AM

That's Coleridge, right?

It is - Kubla Khan, Coleridge's unfinished poem inspired by an opium dream, if he's to be believed.

Mao

Grats Tape.  Hope they don't shoulder you with all of the responsibilities of cleaning up all of the dredges who find their way here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 17, 2008, 08:09:01 AM
It is - Kubla Khan, Coleridge's unfinished poem inspired by an opium dream, if he's to be believed.
Uncultured sod that I am, I mostly know it from Neil Peart's version on the Rush album Farewell to Kings.

Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 08:11:09 AM
Grats Tape.  Hope they don't shoulder you with all of the responsibilities of cleaning up all of the dredges who find their way here.
Thanks.  Don't go giving them ideas, though...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mowser on November 17, 2008, 08:11:09 AM

I believe that's still mostly my job.

And Tapewolf's when I'm busy. ;-]

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on November 17, 2008, 09:13:15 AM
Wow. Congrats.
Thanks.  It was just one of those 'bolt from the blue' moments.  That said, I suppose the horrific amount of time I've clocked up when I should really be debugging something (e.g. now) played some part in the choice.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 09:34:17 AM
..when I should really be debugging something (e.g. now) ..

You and me both man.. you and me both.

Sunblink

Give me co-mod privileges.

Uh, I mean, congratulations. :3 Tape's right, it did take me a long time to realize his moderator status. XD I also thought it was because of his privileges in the Project Future board.

Congratulations cake for you!

llearch n'n'daCorna

.... just how much time do you spend lurking on that cake site, Keats?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 17, 2008, 10:59:10 AM
I'm impressed.  I don't think she's repeated a cake yet to my knowledge.  Anyway, thanks for the cake... Starry, Starry Night, at a guess.  A cake of The Scream might have been more appropriate  >:3

Mao

I've seen that one from her before, but I have to admit.. that was an extenuating circumstance.  Mmm, cake fight.

Aisha deCabre

I must really be sick.  I only just now noticed this thread. xP

Congrats, Tape!  May the position not give you the whole admin's share of blisters.

...Yet.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 11:17:11 AM
I'm impressed.  I don't think she's repeated a cake yet to my knowledge.  Anyway, thanks for the cake... Starry, Starry Night, at a guess.  A cake of The Scream might have been more appropriate  >:3

That is Starry Night, or a decent approximation of it. Colors are a little off (as is the brush work)... but then, I'm just being a nitpicky Art History buff at this point...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Sunblink

Every waking minute of every day of my life. Why do you ask?

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2008, 11:17:11 AM
I'm impressed.  I don't think she's repeated a cake yet to my knowledge. 

The website does have hundreds of cakes in its archive, to my knowldege. It'd be very hard for me to repeat some of them. XD