05/19/08 [DMFA #905] - Fluffy Tail

Started by AndersW, May 19, 2008, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

For an undead with parts missing, she still looks fairly cute and cuddly.

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 19, 2008, 05:04:10 PMIt's rather curious for an undead to look so scar-free while being a warrior for so long
Well, she is missing a good bit of her face. As for the lack of scars, maybe she's either a really good warrior, or she hasn't done much close-quarters combat.

Daymond42

With part of the face missing and the glowing eye, my first thought was "Oh snap! She's looking for Sarah Connor!"

c.c

Raffe

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 19, 2008, 07:04:40 PM
By the way, I have just noticed that priceless expression on Dannie's face in the first panel. I'm surprised no-one has commented on it yet.
I noticed it, theres just others things that are more fun, like who would cut someones tail off? I can understand the other bits being lost in the initial takedown and the straaping with decapitation, but why would you go out of your way for a tail.   ...I think DP might have some really weird issues....
Speaking of issues, is Dan ever taking off the dress? :<
Hooray ellipsis!

King Of Hearts

Lovely, the world can always need a few more undead.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

so the damage at death remains but does damage of an undead repair  itself as long as they get the parts back like when they get a gash they keep it or if something extreme happens to a body part is it beyond saving.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Toric

I thought it yesterday and I'll say it today.

Bweeeee! Undead! :mowhappy

As for why she's missing her tail, it would make sense that an undead soul would lie in the fluffiest, cutest part. /speculation
Yap by Silver.

Amber Williams

Undead And You:

When it comes to taking a licking and keeping on ticking...the Undead can be quite the adversary. Mainly because even with limbs knocked off, an Undead can funtion quite well since they dont have that pesky "ouch" factor.  Also, even dis-attached, the Undead's limbs can still function and move if its within a certain distance from the rest of it.  Though if it gets too far away from the majority, the body falls inert...though getting back close can re-activate it.

As for re-attaching, the Undead are a magical based creature so when the parts are within their "proper place", they can act and function as if they were there normally...as if they were being held together by magic(which they are)  However the bonds are a loooot weaker than the true physical ones so really a good yank (Or a really sharp turn) could remove them again. 

The undead cannot heal...but with great magic (and great taxidermy), there are ways for them to re-attach their limbs to either look like their pre-damaged form or advance.  Many Undead have taken to simply stripping parts of the limbs off down to the bone and covering the bone that remains with metal.

The fashion trends of the Undead are pretty interesting...but that is a rant for another time.

:tmyk

Raffe

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 19, 2008, 09:42:24 PM
  Many Undead have taken to simply stripping parts of the limbs off down to the bone and covering the bone that remains with metal.
The undead do turn into terminators :U :U
So basically they become uber-armor tanks?
Strong enough to even withstand tentacle swords?
Hooray ellipsis!

Gamma

Quote from: Janus whitefur
Reassemble, Stephanie! Reassemble!

Thanks for ruining the only one liner I could have made this year. :<

--

The header for this comic had me think of this:

Wild Blogger used attack Nerd RAGE!!....
Attack is super effective against Tame Digger.

EDIT- First in months  btw :P

Her fluffy tail is probably hanging off a DeathKnight like a pair of fuzzy dice.
Why?
It still thinks of itself as pretty from its former life/unlife.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

ChaoSynergy

Hmm.  Makes me wonder if the undead in the Furrae universe have explored the option of Gorilla Glue to reattach their severed/broken bones :P

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Gamma on May 19, 2008, 11:18:04 PM
Thanks for ruining the only one liner I could have made this year. :<

That's okay, you get bonus points for actually recognising the quote. *headpat*
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Twitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 19, 2008, 09:05:09 PM
Dan is gonna get some tail?

probably because its 2:30 am and i'm reeeeaaaally tired....

but i laughed at that for quite a bit

joshofspam

so with great magic do you mean the undead or the other magically :zombiekun2 inclined races.

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 19, 2008, 07:04:40 PM
By the way, I have just noticed that priceless expression on Dannie's face in the first panel. I'm surprised no-one has commented on it yet.

I would have, but I just got here.
Yes, it's most certainly priceless. :]

kaskar

8) I don't think Dan will be looking at that Amazon quite the same for now, but out of curiousity, are the other two Amazons undead or not ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: kaskar on May 20, 2008, 04:29:52 AM

8) I don't think Dan will be looking at that Amazon quite the same for now, but out of curiousity, are the other two Amazons undead or not ?

I believe they are not. Hannah says that they may be in even greater danger, and I think she is referring to the possibility of them becoming Dark P's dinner. >:3

Tapewolf

I wonder if this affects the revenge motive?  Before, Dan thought she was dead.  Now she's basically been smacked up but is mostly okay.  If they can rescue the others, fleeing would be back on the table.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Danzig

Never mind, I misread the response so I'm editing out my earlier reply.

In response to the hating undead thing, he hasn't been defeated before whatsoever as this is Dan's first encounter with Dark Pegasus.

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Madmann135

Going by what Amber said...
some Undead like to look like knights or golems?

I must say her reaction to Dan's wings is somewhat explained in this episode.
Can't wait for the next episode.

This is probably why Dan is not much affected by the undead... finding an undead attractive can change the view of most people.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Brunhidden

she has to be pretty irritated though- it probably took her a long time to get her hair just right and hide her finger, but now shes gotta get a collar and something for her shoulder to hide her new seams.....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 20, 2008, 09:39:25 AM
she has to be pretty irritated though- it probably took her a long time to get her hair just right and hide her finger, but now shes gotta get a collar and something for her shoulder to hide her new seams.....
I don't think Dan will mind and the others presumably know - being a sisterhood.  However Aliyka might end up being even more of a problem than she already has been upon discovering that Hannah is dead.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

I wonder where the idea for un-dead amazombies came from?

:mowdizzy

odds are  the others will be conveniently located in the next strip doing their own thing. that or we'll continue with Dan in real life, the number of strips before a jumping a scene is getting rather close.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

joshofspam

i wonder if dan is friends with those amazons to this day or does he do something stupid at the end of this adventure that leaves things best kept at a distance. :P

LigerJet

Is anybody else extremely that the beautiful bunny is alive?  ...relatively speaking.

Lucheek

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 19, 2008, 09:42:24 PM
Undead And You:

The fashion trends of the Undead are pretty interesting...but that is a rant for another time.

:tmyk

Do tell, I want to hear about undead fashion. :3

And I was thinking, what if Hannah was the one to turn Dark Pegasus undead (this is the first incounter, right? So I don't think he's died yet.) She doesn't have to kill him, just bite him in a short time before he first died. Maybe Hannah bites him, and then Dan (and possibly Shanna and Anna) finish him.

I think Dark Pegasus has risen more than once, otherwise their really wouldn't be reason for Dan to say "Stay dead."

GabrielsThoughts

well, having extensive knowledge of zombie fashion as it applies to Hollywood, I'd say blood stains and claw marks  are a must.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

Quote from: Lucheek on May 20, 2008, 04:48:35 PM
Do tell, I want to hear about undead fashion. :3

And I was thinking, what if Hannah was the one to turn Dark Pegasus undead (this is the first incounter, right? So I don't think he's died yet.) She doesn't have to kill him, just bite him in a short time before he first died. Maybe Hannah bites him, and then Dan (and possibly Shanna and Anna) finish him.

I think Dark Pegasus has risen more than once, otherwise their really wouldn't be reason for Dan to say "Stay dead."

Awe man thats what I was going to say

but It could also explain the dislike of undead
say ages ago DP visited a orical who said that one day He would be bitten and become an  undead.  thats a good reason to have bad feelings for the undead rtace.

Course I don't think DP is undead he's comming back by other means I'm sure

Brunhidden

meh, its probably more of a lich thing- binding his soul to something so he can actually return after being killed, instead of just assembling all his parts..... they probably would have noticed him still squirming when they burried him if he was merely an undead

Quoteof course its lethal, its more of an eventually lethal, though
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.