05/30/08 [DMFA #909] - Less and less

Started by Madmann135, May 30, 2008, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 30, 2008, 12:21:50 PM
Not to mention I laugh, considering this was a hilarious strip.
And the new comic page was fun, too.   >:3
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2008, 10:00:32 AM
Maybe you've got an alternative way of interpreting that, but to me that translates as "If you go around with headwings, someone will try to kill you unless you're powerful enough to kill them first."

**EDIT**
Maybe 'too cautious' is a better choice of words than 'afraid'.

Possibly. I was, however, thinking of back-wings, specifically, rather than head-wings, since that was the topic of conversation; and in that sense, I feel Abel is big enough to take care of himself - take, for example, the ease with which he handled Nitemyste & co, sucker-punch and all. Sure, all four of them would have been a problem if they thought he was a Cubi, but without the head-wings to warn them off, I reckon he could have taken them.

If he was minded to, of course. "Look, what's that over there?" then knife them all in the back, or something. Not that we'd ever see that in the comic, but Aaryanna is more of a Blunt Object Brigade person - hence why Dan gave her such trouble - than Abel, who manages to smack Dan silly two times out of three.

Anyway...

Cautious, I'll grant you. I don't think Abel is precisely _afraid_, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Quote from: SpottedKitty on May 30, 2008, 12:33:59 PM

*ba-dum pish!*

tlarn

I dont' know if I should laugh, or facepalm. :<

Brunhidden

i am reminded of the great comedian Red Skelington

"So, what do you do for a living?"
"I do a comic strip."
"Go ahead and take your clothes off then, I could use a good laugh."

QuoteYou already got your damned quote..... greedy bastards....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ren Gaulen

Well played, SpottedKitty, well played... :tumbleweed

Lucheek

Matilda follows the Wookiee rule. ;)

And, Shanna has lost her Shirt, Belt, Necklace, and Bandana. More and more...less and less.

This is my favorite arc. The colors are vibrant, and so are the characters. Not to mention there is plenty of action and comic hillarity. Really, I vote this arc #1.

I just relize Shanna reminds me of Stephan

Madmann135

I did not realize it until it was pointed out but Shanna's necklace was sacrificed very quickly.

If Shanna strikes a pose she could be an impressive stand in for Venus.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 30, 2008, 03:31:59 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 30, 2008, 03:21:46 AM
BTW, do most beings (even adventurers) not know about cubi clan markings? Abel, May and Hennya apparently didn't recognize his "tattoo" as a possible cubi trait until Aniz showed his.

I also presume that adventurers would only know of specific markings of more dangerous and/or well known cubi clans, since Aniz's clan is mostly extinct/sparse, that may be how he goes undetected. I presume though that the cubi marking is a known item, since if not, there wouldn't be a distinct link for Aniz to show his "tattoo".

I would think that most adventurers that know about clan markings (few to begin with) would only know of them in general, not specific markings (except for possibly the most dangerous ones)
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Cirawyn

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 30, 2008, 03:16:05 AM
On a slight note, that's 2 pieces of clothing she lost:  her belt is missing too. (I presume that's to bind the guard's limbs)

Though I'd hazard a guess that she is doing this intentionally, based on her tail position..

Actually its her headband that she lost just then. dunno how the belt got lost, unless amber just forgot to draw it in, heh.  :mowtongue

for reference: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_885.php

King Of Hearts

hm... I wonder if this entire adventure started with her layered up like an eskimo.

Tapewolf

Granted that if she loses much more she's going to appear as a hand or arm at the sides of the panel or behind some strategically-placed objects, but when she runs out, what are they going to tie people up with?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raffe

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2008, 07:25:41 AM
Granted that if she loses much more she's going to appear as a hand or arm at the sides of the panel or behind some strategically-placed objects, but when she runs out, what are they going to tie people up with?
Without anything left she might be enough of a distraction for Pod Puppy to get them.
Hooray ellipsis!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 31, 2008, 07:52:46 AM
Without anything left she might be enough of a distraction for Pod Puppy to get them.

Not all of DP's minions are male.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raffe

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 31, 2008, 08:01:03 AM

Theres still a shock factor if a naked amazon is charging you.
Hooray ellipsis!

Turnsky

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 31, 2008, 08:07:37 AM

not quite, i think she has a method of attaching her hair in such a fashion so it covers her neatly, and thus providing some form of torso covering that suits a purpose.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Deebs' giraffe on May 31, 2008, 08:07:37 AM

that reminds me of something my old history teacher said ... he was talking about what made the highland charge so effective in wars or something like that, and said something along the lines of it would have been a terrifying sight seeing thousands of 6+ ft high swordsman charging at you with kilts flying X__X

bleh, ignore me ... i'm mad :)

Brunhidden

Quote from: Hanii Puppy on May 31, 2008, 03:27:08 PM
that reminds me of something my old history teacher said ... he was talking about what made the highland charge so effective in wars or something like that, and said something along the lines of it would have been a terrifying sight seeing thousands of 6+ ft high swordsman charging at you with kilts flying X__X

bleh, ignore me ... i'm mad :)

this has also come up in the 'war yodel', and the viking charge while ranting- little is as scary as over sized burly bearded men ranting in Swedish, you don't even CARE what weapon they have.

also i would guess that we find out that under her skirt she is waring heart boxer shorts that are actually larger then the skirt that covers them, just to be perplexing
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.