[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

OK, Keaton is next. :3 But I wonder if anybody else wants to be chibified?
If you thought that the previous picture was too cute, than you just might not survive the cuteness of this one. >:3 Also, the "iguana" in Keaton's arms is Waffles, one of her pet dragons.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 17, 2008, 12:20:55 PM
If you thought that the previous picture was too cute, than you just might not survive the cuteness of this one. >:3 Also, the "iguana" in Keaton's arms is Waffles, one of her pet dragons.

Yes, it is very cute.  The thick black ridge where her hair and fur meet makes her look a bit evil, though.  I can't stop imagining her thinking "Muahahaha!"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Dyaawwwwwww... that's too cute.

I am currently suffering from morbid curiosity brought on by wondering if I could write a scenario wherein a warrior was able to cause an entire army to surrender simply by laying his hand on the hilt of his sword, and am wondering what Evil Jyrras would look like chibified, but you're working on that image of Chibi Good Jyrras already.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

And now I will go ahead and chibify myself! Behold!
Don't have much to say about myself (well, my character :3) here. I'll just note that the thing behind his back is an eraser.

Jairus

Awwwwwww... aren't you just the cutest little wolf artist? I bet even your demon form would look cute chibi-fied.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 01:26:06 PM
Awwwwwww... aren't you just the cutest little wolf artist? I bet even your demon form would look cute chibi-fied.
I think he's a cat, actually.  But yes, he seems to have a good knack for Chibis.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2008, 01:27:33 PM
I think he's a cat, actually.  But yes, he seems to have a good knack for Chibis.
Cat, wolf... whatever. Still cute! The only difference is whether I scratch him on the head or belly.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2008, 01:27:33 PM
I think he's a cat, actually.
Yes. A generic feline, even, since the word "cat" usually implies a house cat, which Ren is not.

I bet even your demon form would look cute chibi-fied.
It looks rather scary, actually. But Keaton liked it. :3

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 01:30:24 PM
The only difference is whether I scratch him on the head or belly.
It does not make much difference to me..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2008, 01:48:36 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 17, 2008, 01:47:07 PM
No, no. Who's on first.
Ren, llearch-chibi.  You know you want to.

Oh sweet and lovable Jyrras... yes. Yes!! Doooo eeeeeeeeet...

Ren Gaulen

No, no. Who's on first.
Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 01:51:21 PM
Oh sweet and lovable Jyrras... yes. Yes!! Doooo eeeeeeeeet...
It has begun! My reign of terror has begun!! MWA-HA! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Ahem.

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

But first - chibified Tapewolf! Behold!
I have a feeling that this huge reel can be used as a throwing weapon.. :.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sunblink

The three-in-one comment I promised! It's go time! *injects a whole syringe of insulin into herself*

First off, on the chibi-Keaton, I absolutely love it. She's so adorable! XD I'm overjoyed that you seem to enjoy drawing her so often, too, because I love seeing your chibi incarnations, especially in this new style. I was a little surprised that you threw the dragon I adopted from Dragcave.net into the picture, but the results are really great. Keaton needs something to snuggle, anyway. You're really tempting me to give Keaton some kind of pet, now (a Drake? But they're too intelligent), since she looks so happy with Waffle here.
In terms of the artwork, you know how much I love your art. >:3 I feel the need to comment on Keaton's lack of jacket - that's interesting since it gives me a good glimpse of her top. And dude, no matter how many times you use that background, I am always going to think it's awesome, because it's just been immortalized in my mind. I do agree with Tape about the "mwahaha!", although it's for an entirely different reason. c: Keaton just likes to practice her malicious laughter in her spare time.

Now for the chibi-Ren. This is equally adorable, but I'm probably putting far too much thought and speculation into this. In particular, I mean the pencil Ren's holding. Is this a depiction of the comic character who's separate from your avatar and personality, or of your avatar? I figured it was the latter, since he's armed with the art utensils. That's so adorable. I love his vibrant green eyes, the little :3-face he's making, and the pencil and eraser. It also amuses me that you manage to make your chibis look fairly anatomically correct, too, because his legs look great and not at all stubby (like some people draw them).
I still envy the way you draw knees, since I find them one of the most unappealing aspects of the human/furry anatomy because of how lumpy and hard-to-draw they are. You make the knees look perfect, and the rest of the legs as well - such as how the foreleg is subtly angled differently from the upper leg/thigh and the knees are bent inward in a standing figure. Much approval there.

As for the Tapewolf chibi, I actually squealed when I first saw this. I think this one is one of my favorites, because, good god, it's so cute! He's even standing next to a little roll of film. Weirdly, I find the eyes are probably one of my favorite aspects of the picture, because they're so big and bright and yellow. I see he's wearing his trenchcoat too. Very few chibis can pull that off. :3 The art is great, too - Tape-chibi's smile is pretty cute and subdued. The hair's great, too, and his general posture and pose. Terrific chibi, overall.

*kidnaps all three chibis for insidious cuddling purposes*

No, no. Who's on first.

DO EEEEET

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Heh, the Jakob one came out well in colour.  The only suggestion I could make to improve it is to choose a colour for his trousers that is not the same as his fur.  Apart from that minor niggle, it is really good.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 17, 2008, 02:07:30 PM
I have a feeling that this huge reel can be used as a throwing weapon.. :.

Funny you should say that:
http://www.btinternet.com/~roger.beckwith/bh/tapes/blattner.htm
...these essentially used razor-wire as the recording medium.  They were remotely-operated since it could kill someone if the tape snapped.

Jairus

Chibi-Tapewolf so cute! Dang, you're getting these out fast!

Ren Gaulen

Thanks for a long comment, Keats! :3
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on August 17, 2008, 02:11:20 PM
Now for the chibi-Ren. This is equally adorable, but I'm probably putting far too much thought and speculation into this. In particular, I mean the pencil Ren's holding. Is this a depiction of the comic character who's separate from your avatar and personality, or of your avatar? I figured it was the latter, since he's armed with the art utensils.
Ugh. It's hard to explain. I get confused myself sometimes. OK. First, there is my avatar-character Ren, who is not involved in any stories and just represents me. He is in this picture. Second, there is Ren Gaulen, the White Knight of Gaia. He is a character from my stories set in the "Shades of Grey" universe ("Sorceress' Knight" and "Hell Knight"), and he is the "real" Ren. The freaky thing that serves as my avatar picture is him (in his daemon form). Then there is an alternative version of Ren that I made for my comic project. He won't appear anywhere outside of the comic. Also, there is a clone of "real" Ren that was created by Dr. Trez in the alternative reality of "SoG", but I'd rather not go there. It is not canon, anyway.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2008, 02:17:21 PM
...these essentially used razor-wire as the recording medium.  They were remotely-operated since it could kill someone if the tape snapped.
Ouch.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2008, 02:17:21 PM

Ouch indeed.

And don't worry, your explanation makes sense, Ren. Kinda. Sorta. Not really. It works.

I'd ask if I could get in the chibi version line, but you already did my Evil Jyrras avatar, so I'd feel bad about it. (For the record, I have hazel eyes that are more green than brown, dark brown (almost black) hair, and no glasses.) NO! BAD JAIRUS!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 02:59:28 PM
I'd ask if I could get in the chibi version line, but you already did my Evil Jyrras avatar, so I'd feel bad about it. (For the record, I have hazel eyes that are more green than brown, dark brown (almost black) hair, and no glasses.) NO! BAD JAIRUS!
Wait, what are you supposed to be as a chibi? A human? A furre kangaroo-rat like Jyrras? Do tell Ren.

Jairus

I think roo-rats are cute. I mean, in real life I'm about 6'2" (1.88 meters), so I'm a little tall for one, but still. Besides, I wouldn't want to be drawn as a human... I have little intention of posting one of my pictures of me online, and I'm not exactly good-looking.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 17, 2008, 03:04:25 PM
Wait, what are you supposed to be as a chibi? A human? A furre kangaroo-rat like Jyrras? Do tell Ren.

"What would look nice? Half-warthog? Half-donkey? Half-oyster?"
--Evil, the Time Bandits

Ren Gaulen

MOOOOORE chibies!! Rejoice! :D
He is pointing at YOU!. You all probably know who YOU! is. If you don't know who is YOU! for some reason, though, than I don't know how to help you. I don't know him either. :.

Zedd

Jairus

Aaaaaaaand... another really cute one! That's like... four in one day. You're amazing, Ren!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 03:31:39 PM
Aaaaaaaand... another really cute one! That's like... four in one day. You're amazing, Ren!
They were drawn during the week. I'm just cleaning up and colouring them now.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 17, 2008, 03:33:45 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 17, 2008, 03:31:39 PM
They were drawn during the week. I'm just cleaning up and colouring them now.
Oh, thanks for taking the mystery out of it!

Just kidding. They're still great.

Just as a matter of clarification... wow, I have no idea how to say this without potentially offending someone... I'm not a "furry." Kind of like Slowtini, I'm a fan of fantasy/sci-fi, and this comic (and Ozy and Millie). That doesn't mean that I can't have a "fursona," though. It just seems... appropriate.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. I missed an entire page.

Serves me right for commenting without checking. :-/

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 17, 2008, 03:38:46 PM
Hmm. I missed an entire page.

Serves me right for commenting without checking. :-/

It's okay, Boxy. We still love you... right, guys? Guys? Helloooooo...

*cricket noises*

Hm. Oh dear.