[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 03:47:14 PM
*snip*

Cool. Now I really want that armor, even if it takes cybernetic enhancements. Dang, you've really been thinking this all through (maybe I should post a few more tech things in my thread). What kind of media is this story of yours going to be again?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 03:47:14 PM
Regarding his memories, don't forget that this Raiden is a clone of the original one. He does not have any memories of the original at all. More over, he was created as an adult, with some basic mental programming so that he would be able to "function properly" (do basic stuff any normal adult can do).
Ah.  In the description you said that his body was preserved, so I had assumed they had managed to repair it (a'la Fire Upon The Deep) as opposed to copying him.  How old was he when he died, out of interest?  And what is his lifespan?  Has the augmentation improved it?

QuoteNow, as I promised, a few words about Raiden's equipment. First of all, Raiden is a cyborg with a wide array of nano-augmentations. Heightened strength and resistance to damage, faster reflexes and better reflexes better senses are an obvious result of such modification, but Raiden also have such things as an ability to remotely operate electronic devices, thermal vision and the Arsenal system.
Ah, I was wondering if his eyes were natural.  Apparently not.

About Core... I have seen what may be a logic flaw in the description.  When Core was created and found to be imperfect, what age was she?  If she was a baby, it raises interesting ethical questions about erasing an infant.  It also shows remarkable patience from her sisters (who would be in their 40s or so by now).
Things also get ugly if they wait until she's 20 before deciding that she must die.
The least ugly option is if she was created as an adult like clone_raiden2 (bet no-one spots that reference), though to be honest it combines both of the problems in the above scenarios.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 03:58:46 PM
Cool. Now I really want that armor, even if it takes cybernetic enhancements.
Join the "Crisis" Anti-Terrorist Task Force, and you'll have it for a price of your humanity! :B

What kind of media is this story of yours going to be again?
A written story. I'll start posting it here when I'll have several chapters ready.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 05, 2008, 04:03:09 PM
Ah.  In the description you said that his body was preserved, so I had assumed they had managed to repair it (a'la Fire Upon The Deep) as opposed to copying him.  How old was he when he died, out of interest?  And what is his lifespan?  Has the augmentation improved it?
No, he is not like Pham Nuwen. :3 The body of original Raiden was not used in the creation of Raiden 2.0. He was only about 25 when he was killed (but he entered the battlefield when he was only 16). Now, Raiden 2.0 was created with such technologies that if his body is properly maintained he can live for a couple of centuries without ageing.
By the way, the body of original Raiden was stolen by another group after Sylvia's raid, and it was revived. And this Raiden had memories of his past, even though they were rather blurry. I'll post the pictures of "Revenant" Raiden (aka Shin Raiden) later.

Ah, I was wondering if his eyes were natural.  Apparently not.
Raiden is similar to JC Denton from "Deus Ex". Actually, I took a lot of inspiration from there. Also from "Ghost in the Shell" and "Appleseed".

About Core... I have seen what may be a logic flaw in the description.  When Core was created and found to be imperfect, what age was she?  If she was a baby, it raises interesting ethical questions about erasing an infant.  It also shows remarkable patience from her sisters (who would be in their 40s or so by now).
Things also get ugly if they wait until she's 20 before deciding that she must die.
The least ugly option is if she was created as an adult like clone_raiden2 (bet no-one spots that reference), though to be honest it combines both of the problems in the above scenarios.
Furies are created as 18-year-olds. Actually, the description may be worded incorrectly. The mutation was detected during the growth process, before Core's mind became active. However, there were no mutants among Furies before, so others demanded the Command to give this "anomaly" a chance. The Command agreed, having faith in the judgement of the Furies.
And no, I don't get the reference, but I have a gut feeling that it is something from "Deus Ex".

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 04:25:40 PM
No, he is not like Pham Nuwen. :3 The body of original Raiden was not used in the creation of Raiden 2.0. He was only about 25 when he was killed (but he entered the battlefield when he was only 16). Now, Raiden 2.0 was created with such technologies that if his body is properly maintained he can live for a couple of centuries without ageing.
By the way, the body of original Raiden was stolen by another group after Sylvia's raid, and it was revived. And this Raiden had memories of his past, even though they were rather blurry. I'll post the pictures of "Revenant" Raiden (aka Shin Raiden) later.

Um, do Raiden and Raiden 2.0 know about each other? I'm sensing potential "Cloning Blues" on the horizon... unless 2.0 has decided that no matter how much he may have in common with the original Raiden, he is his own "man," if you will.

Tapewolf

Cool. Now I really want that armor, even if it takes cybernetic enhancements.
Join the "Crisis" Anti-Terrorist Task Force, and you'll have it for a price of your humanity! :B
Humanity in exchange for that sounds like a pretty good deal.  What I suspect you aren't saying is "...and your freedom!"
No way could you get upgraded like that and then just go back to being a software developer or something... there's got to be some catch like spending the next 35-100 years of your life risking everything to stop terrorists or something...

QuoteNo, he is not like Pham Nuwen.
Praise be!  Actually, you probably just took that from the wikipedia entry or something  >:3

QuoteFuries are created as 18-year-olds. Actually, the description may be worded incorrectly. The mutation was detected during the growth process, before Core's mind became active.
Aha... that makes sense.

QuoteAnd no, I don't get the reference, but I have a gut feeling that it is something from "Deus Ex".

Ultima 7, actually.  Several key characters had duplicate versions of them for use in cutscenes and so on.

Regarding the weapons, I'm afraid this had to be done:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JMISM0dIxpk

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
Um, do Raiden and Raiden 2.0 know about each other? I'm sensing potential "Cloning Blues" on the horizon... unless 2.0 has decided that no matter how much he may have in common with the original Raiden, he is his own "man," if you will.
Raiden learns that he was a clone of another person from the very beginning, but that other person, original Raiden, is considered dead at that point (well, he is probably still dead at that point). It does not bother Raiden at first, but then he finds out that people don't want to reveal anything about his past, and he cannot find any information about it anywhere. Some time later original Raiden is revived. He quickly learns about his clone and takes a name Shin Raiden (to stress that it is he who is the real one; he is usually just called Raiden anyway, though). Shin Raiden is outraged by the fact that there is a "cheap imitation" of him running somewhere (even though this "cheap imitation" is more technologically advanced than him), and sets off on a quest to kill Raiden 2.0. Meanwhile Raiden 2.0 learns the truth about his past, which makes him kinda afraid of himself (especially considering his periodical berserk outbursts when he just tears his opponents apart with his bare hands sometimes). A bit later Raiden 2.0 learns about his original's revival, when said original comes knocking. They fight each other several times, with no apparent winner. And then the man who once killed original Raiden steps in. At this point things start to get plain crazy.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 05, 2008, 04:36:59 PM
Humanity in exchange for that sounds like a pretty good deal.  What I suspect you aren't saying is "...and your freedom!"
No way could you get upgraded like that and then just go back to being a software developer or something... there's got to be some catch like spending the next 35-100 years of your life risking everything to stop terrorists or something...
The catch is that you will work for the organization for the rest of your life (unless the organization will fall apart sooner). :P Well, after some 30-40 years you will be transferred into the reserve and will be able to (try to) live a normal life, but you can be summoned at any moment.

No, he is not like Pham Nuwen.
Praise be!  Actually, you probably just took that from the wikipedia entry or something  >:3
I red that novel and the "Deepness in the Sky"! And I loved both! >:[ ( :P)

Regarding the weapons, I'm afraid this had to be done:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JMISM0dIxpk
..It made me happy. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 05:01:49 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
Raiden learns that he was a clone of another person from the very beginning, but that other person, original Raiden, is considered dead at that point (well, he is probably still dead at that point). It does not bother Raiden at first, but then he finds out that people don't want to reveal anything about his past, and he cannot find any information about it anywhere. Some time later original Raiden is revived. He quickly learns about his clone and takes a name Shin Raiden (to stress that it is he who is the real one; he is usually just called Raiden anyway, though). Shin Raiden is outraged by the fact that there is a "cheap imitation" of him running somewhere (even though this "cheap imitation" is more technologically advanced than him), and sets off on a quest to kill Raiden 2.0. Meanwhile Raiden 2.0 learns the truth about his past, which makes him kinda afraid of himself (especially considering his periodical berserk outbursts when he just tears his opponents apart with his bare hands sometimes). A bit later Raiden 2.0 learns about his original's revival, when said original comes knocking. They fight each other several times, with no apparent winner. And then the man who once killed original Raiden steps in. At this point things start to get plain crazy.

Ah, okay. It's funny, but I don't remember ever really seeing a story where the clone and the original get on. So I'm guessing that there's no real hope for reconciliation between the two at this point?

Um, Ren, your avatar is blinking at me.

Zedd

Seems like a few lines of weapons to look out for and Raiden seems have amazing backhistory

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 05:24:34 PM
Ah, okay. It's funny, but I don't remember ever really seeing a story where the clone and the original get on. So I'm guessing that there's no real hope for reconciliation between the two at this point?
The more shocking thing here should be that the clone is the good guy, and the original is the bad guy (actually, there is a film "Replicant" with Jean-Claude Van Damme, which has a somewhat similar situation). And no, they won't really reconcile. But they will join forces to kick Reiji's ass (only for Reiji to hand their asses to themselves - because he is that badass >:3).

It was doing it for a while.. *blink*

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 05:31:43 PM
The more shocking thing here should be that the clone is the good guy, and the original is the bad guy (actually, there is a film "Replicant" with Jean-Claude Van Damme, which has a somewhat similar situation). And no, they won't really reconcile. But they will join forces to kick Reiji's ass (only for Reiji to hand their asses to themselves - because he is that badass >:3).
I did a while ago have an idea for a mecha series where the main character and his rival were designed in a laboratory to be the pinnacle of humanity at that point (Neither were really meant to be pilots, they just sort of fell into it, if you will). The rival is considered the "clone," considering that the original was the main subject while the clone was considered a backup to him. I never really got far in it, but the clone never suffered from any sort of trauma from being a copy of someone else: in his mind (and in the original's mind) they were two separate people who made their own choices. The original was going to die killing one of the main bad guy's about halfway through, shortly after the clone decided to cut his ties to the people who raised him. The clone then managed to acquire a rebuilt copy of the heroes mech and decided to help out his original's allies, which caused no small amount of confusion when he removed his helmet and revealed himself to be physically identical to man who had been dead for four years. At one point the clone got very angry and fed up with the original's "sister" when she kept treating him like her dead brother and expecting him to react like him (which the rest of the crew was doing as well, quite frankly): he almost broke her wrist when he forced her to acknowledge that her brother was dead and that he wasn't her brother. I never really could figure out how the story was going to end, so I dropped it. And now I'm working on that one in my thread. I just never stop.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 05:31:43 PM
It was doing it for a while.. *blink*
Ah. Never noticed it.

techmaster-glitch

QuoteIf anybody is interested, I can give some information about Raiden's *snip* team mate - a transforming robot Axl Jet (he transforms into a very large motorcycle; I'll try drawing him later).

Tell meeeeeeeeeeee! D:

Jairus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2008, 09:19:33 PM
QuoteIf anybody is interested, I can give some information about Raiden's *snip* team mate - a transforming robot Axl Jet (he transforms into a very large motorcycle; I'll try drawing him later).

Tell meeeeeeeeeeee! D:
:eek

Sheesh, I'm glad I never talked about the Multidriver when I covered the tech in my thread.

Note to self: talk about Multidriver and it's derivatives in my thread.

EDIT: Um, Ren, what is the purpose of the collar that Raiden's wearing in his underwear and civvies?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 05, 2008, 09:19:33 PM

Tell meeeeeeeeeeee! D:
I knew I was forgetting something!

OK, a few words about Axl Jet. It is one of the products of the Meridian Advanced Robotics corporation that specializes in building sentient and semi-sentient machines. Technically Axl is a VFR HMC-19hr "Hellrider", a huge motorcycle that transforms into a three meter tall humanoid robot. It is made with the use of many advanced technologies like nanofiber muscles or the Universal Assembler that allows almost instantaneous transformation. While robots like Axl have quite limited intelligence when they are just created, they can learn and grow. Sometimes, if they are assigned to a cyborg or an android, they form a sort of a cyber-link with their master, learning from them and often forming a personality similar to that of their master. When Axl was assigned to Raiden, they spent some time getting used to each other. At first Raiden saw Axl only as a fancy machine, but a MAR officer Carl Vance who delivered Axl and stayed for a while to teach Raiden how to handle the robot told Raiden many stories about sentient machines, both good and bad, who sometimes could become more human than some humans. He taught Raiden to respect the robot, and treat it like a person and not like a machine. Since Raiden himself was sometimes mistreated by his superiors in such a way, he could understand robots better than many. Actually, it was him who called the formerly nameless "Hellrider" Number 94561 Axl Jet. By the way, along with giving Raiden many important lessons about robots, Carl also introduced Raiden to  hard rock; Raiden started to act a bit like some rock-star since then.
Axl usually talks with ready-made phrases that sounds like lines from some action movie ("Who wants some? Come, get some!"). He still has some problems with the proper human speech, but he can communicate with Raiden through a cyber-link. He is actually rather smart, but since his own personality is based on Raiden's, he is rather hot-headed and very brave. It is important to note that it is true courage, not the fearlessness of a mindless machine. Axl can be considered Raiden's best friend, and would do anything to help him.
As a highly advanced combat robot, Axl is very strong and agile in his android form, and is very fast in his bike form. As an android he has limited armament in form of two ion guns pistols inside his forearms, and plasma torches in his hands. He is also capable of unarmed fighting (a punch from a three meter tall robot isn't going to hurt in the morning – it is going to hurt now >:3). Aside from that, Axl can use any weapons designed for powered armour, since he have fully operational hands. Also, he has a flight pack and electromagnetic skates, much like Raiden. As a motorcycle he has a maximum speed of 350 km/h and goes from 0 to 60 in three seconds. Needless to say that he does not need a driver to be able to move as a bike. Also, in this mode he is capable of hovering in air. And, just like Raiden, Axl has that Chameleon nanobit camouflage.

Jairus

Coooool...

Out of curiosity, could Axl be "repossessed" by Raiden's commanders, or has he imprinted so much on Raiden that he wouldn't work with anyone else?

Ren Gaulen

Raiden's commanders can control Axl and give him orders that he cannot disobey - or so it seems. Actually, Axl developes a strong enough will to override even a disengage order from the Command if he needs to help Raiden. He can work with other people than Raiden, but he is not likely to like it.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 09:23:10 PM
Um, Ren, what is the purpose of the collar that Raiden's wearing in his underwear and civvies?
It indicates him as the property of the Ares Arms Industries, and also has a radio beacon in it to track him. The latter thing is purely redundant and unnecessary, since Raiden has a much more reliable communication and tracking system inside his body.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 10:28:20 PM
Quote from: Jairus on August 05, 2008, 09:23:10 PM
Um, Ren, what is the purpose of the collar that Raiden's wearing in his underwear and civvies?
It indicates him as the property of the Ares Arms Industries, and also has a radio beacon in it to track him.
I wondered if it was what you were saying about Cassandra treating him like a pet.  The truth is creepier.
Indeed, unless his race is considered so inferior that they can be owned like slaves, it is legally questionable, unless he legally became property when he died.  Even so, his DNA and tissue should still be property of his estate.

**EDIT**

Actually, it's even worse than that - he's technically belong to Raiden 1.0, wouldn't he?  In which case, being at the mercy of an amoral, unaccountable, wholly profit-motivated entity is starting to sound pretty good.

And it's awesome that I've finally found someone else who's read Fire....

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 06, 2008, 04:23:50 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 05, 2008, 10:28:20 PM
It indicates him as the property of the Ares Arms Industries, and also has a radio beacon in it to track him.
I wondered if it was what you were saying about Cassandra treating him like a pet.  The truth is creepier.
Indeed, unless his race is considered so inferior that they can be owned like slaves, it is legally questionable, unless he legally became property when he died.  Even so, his DNA and tissue should still be property of his estate.
Well, the collar itself was actually Cass's idea - she thought that such a way to place a corporation insignia would both be noticeable and look cute on Raiden (obviously Raiden himself was outraged - at first; later he got used to it). While Raiden's race, the enkidu, are considered inferior by some humans, officially they have equal rights with humans in the Federation (still their rights are sometimes violated). However, original Raiden never was a citizen of the Federation. Also, all the information about him was made top-secret by the Allied government when they took over. And his DNA was stolen by the corporation's mercenaries, not acquired in any legal way. Since most people in the Federation did not know where this DNA cam from, Raiden was considered the property of the corporation, and treated as a bio-android of sorts.

Actually, it's even worse than that - he's technically belong to Raiden 1.0, wouldn't he?  In which case, being at the mercy of an amoral, unaccountable, wholly profit-motivated entity is starting to sound pretty good.
Well, considering how Raiden 1.0 wants him dead, while the "amoral, unaccountable, wholly profit-motivated entity" is very likely to protect its property - yes, it does sound good. :3

And it's awesome that I've finally found someone else who's read Fire....
It was actually one of the sources of inspiration for me when I was developing the "Shades of Grey" setting.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on August 06, 2008, 07:31:45 AM
It was actually one of the sources of inspiration for me when I was developing the "Shades of Grey" setting.

It gave me the idea behind Jakob's name.  Anyway, I'm starting to look forward to your story in a big way.

Ren Gaulen

Another character that will appear in the "Thunderbolt's Chronicles" - the repaired and revived original Raiden, also known as Shin Raiden (if I am not mixing stuff up, "Shin" is "True" in Japanese).
I have already told a condensed back-story of original Raiden, Shin is somewhat different from what he used to be before his death. He is bitter and generally hates the world that has rejected him. However, eventually he starts to realize that it was him who was wrong, and that war just for the sake of war led to total obliteration. Right now he has two goals somewhat related to war - to find and kill his clone, whose existence Shin Raiden considers as a personal insult, and then to have a rematch with Reiji Hassan, the man who once killed him.
Shin's body is mostly mechanical - while he and his clone are both cyborgs, in Shin's case it is much more obvious. In fact, his body was damaged to the point where most of it had to be replaced (Reiji did a number on him with his Power of Decay). Both of his arms are artificial - there was hardly anything left of his own. There are miniature ion guns inside his arms. Most of his internal organs are also artificial. While Shin does not have all those neat gadgets like the Arsenal or the Nova armour, he is insanely strong and tough - he can lift a tonne and his skeleton was reinforced and bones infused with nanites that made them stronger than steel (he can take a standard rifle round to the face and just shrug it off). Also, even now, after his death and revival, Shin has retained his dormant psychic powers and the ability to create electricity. However, now his powers are considerably weaker than before, and it takes a lot of concentration for him to use the Thunder Blade technique.

Jairus

Cool. Love the cyborg! So, I'm guessing his favorite weapon is a sword? I'm also wondering how much of his body is artificial (aside from the limbs and internal organs): it looks like he's got some servos to his legs and like he's got something in his neck.

EDIT: Wow, the two Raiden's really do look alike, but you did some nice work on their facial expressions to tell us which is which. Also, is that a barcode on 2.0's chest?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 06, 2008, 12:49:02 PM
Cool. Love the cyborg! So, I'm guessing his favorite weapon is a sword?
Well, a sword and a shotgun. Because nothing says "I loev you" like a shotgun round to the knees. :B As for the sword, it is Raiden's original sword, which is mostly identical to New Raiden's sword.

I'm also wondering how much of his body is artificial (aside from the limbs and internal organs): it looks like he's got some servos to his legs and like he's got something in his neck.
Well, his entire torso is artificial, but it was reconstructed rather than replaced like his arms (well, his arms were replaced with mechanical ones mostly to make him capable of tearing cyborgs and androids limb from limb. He has a layer of nanofibre armour under his skin, but it is only really noticeable around his throat. His eyes are mechanical too. Actually, he is much more of a machine than Raiden 2.0.

Also, is that a barcode on 2.0's chest?
Yes, it is.

Tapewolf

Out of interest, is Shin's brain organic?

Also, is that a barcode on 2.0's chest?
Yes, it is.

Looks like a Royal Mail one  >:3

WhiteFox

*Critique Hat*

Your characters head needs to be a little more to the left. if he's standing up straight, his chin shouldn't be in line with his throat (even with the "Hips forward, head tucked down" pose). Also, his legs should be overlapping each other at the hips.

The shoulders and pec's look spot on for a 3/4ters pose, and his whole stance is very expressive. If you want a little more visual impact, though, you might want to raise the left foot/lower the right for more perspective.

I wouldn't use gray for the eyes. I know they're cybernetic, but gray is a dull color. If they're going to look evil, go ahead and make em look Eeee-vil. Like red on black. Or solid white.

I'd have to say the weakest element of the pic is the fabric. Your armor looks great, your anatomy is striking, the pose has impact, but the cloth looks... I dunno, like clay. Take a second look at the bunches and gathers, think about the folds, give it some more volume.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on August 06, 2008, 02:42:35 PM
*Critique Hat*
Thanks. Drawing fabric is actually my weak point. No matter how much I draw it, it always turns out like that. :sweatdrop

Now more Raiden! This time it is the original Raiden, in his uniform as a major of the Thunderfists.
I have already written his back-story, so I don't know what to add about him. If you come up with some questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Jairus

Oh sweet and terrible gods... that's beautiful. And yet another costume that I want! He looks a lot better when he hasn't been through the mill, but that's to be expected. Actually, about how long ago was this? The design of his armor looks a bit "older" than Raiden's current outfit and 2.0's armor.

I have to ask again, how do you do it? How do you draw those incredible images? I want to get some of my costumes and characters out of my head, and I'm just not good enough to do.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on August 06, 2008, 03:40:52 PM
Oh sweet and terrible gods... that's beautiful. And yet another costume that I want! He looks a lot better when he hasn't been through the mill, but that's to be expected. Actually, about how long ago was this? The design of his armor looks a bit "older" than Raiden's current outfit and 2.0's armor.
Raiden 2.0's armour was made with the use of cutting-edge technologies of the Federation of United Terran Stars, where technology was highly advanced, while the original Raiden lived outside of the Federation, on the planet Gerio-Goran. While Gerion technology was not all that outdated either, it was still inferior to the Terran. And they also had a sort of a warrior cult that has been abolished only with the fall of the Soloan Empire. Hence fancy military uniforms.
By the way, I have just realized that the original Raiden turned out looking a little too.. err.. pretty for himself. It must be the dress tunic. :.

Jairus

I liked the dress tunic: his face just says "Yes, I am wearing a dress. Do you want to comment about it, or do you want to keep your arms?"

In all seriousness, it just makes him more badass. Tell me he has a version of this in the modern day.

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

Power overwhelming! :B Another character is here! It is colonel Sylvia Bron of the Thunderfists (well, now that the Thunderfists are disbanded, she can't really be called a colonel).
In the past, when Raiden was only 19 and was just promoted to lieutenant, Sylvia (22 years old), who herself was a major, became his direct commander. Three years later the leader of the Thunderfists, general Marcus Brueger, fell in the battle for the Giladean base guarding the entrance to the Northern regions of the Folmar, where the Yggdrasil Construct was situated, and Sylvia, who had to take command, managed to win that battle. She was promoted to colonel and made the captain of the Thunderfists flagship "King Bradley" (I wonder if anyone knows where this name comes from.. >:3). Two years later the Empire took complete control of Yggdrasil and begun the preparations for the world conquest campaign. Raiden, who played the main roll in taking control of the Yggdrasil, became the leader of the Thunderfists at that time. Sylvia was his right hand woman, and they seemed to be in love with each other. But several months later the Alliance was formed, and after another several monthe the Empire fell. Raiden was killed, the Thunderfists were disbanded, and Sylvia lost everything she had - her rank, her position in the society, the Empire she served and the man she loved. She became a nobody, and had to hide from the new government that wanted all of the surviving Thunderfists arrested. However, many of those survivors joined again to start a guerilla war on the territory of the former Empire. And then Sylvia emerged again - as a special consultant of the Allied special forces. From just a consultant she quickly became an Allied officer, and with the help of her tactical genius and her first-hand knowledge of the Thunderfists tactics the guerilla Thunderfists were soon all either captured or killed. Many thought that she betrayed her former comrades to reclaim her position, which she actually did. Others said that she lost her faith in the ways of the noble warriors of the "Old" Gerio-Goran. Sylvia herself never explained why she did it. But when the last battle of that never-ending war was over, one year after Raiden's death, Sylvia left the planet and moved on the territory of the Federation of the United Terran Stars. There she soon became a mercenary. Three years after Raiden's death she came back to Gerio-Goran to steal Raiden's DNA samples for the Ares Arms Industries corporation. However, she seems to have disappeared shortly after returning from that mission.
Sylvia looks calm and pleasant most of the time; however, she can be also rather sarcastic and malicious. She is a brilliant commander, but she is also a great mech and hoverplane pilot, and a formidable opponent in a sword fight. She has enough augmentations to be considered a cyborg, but not to the extent of Raiden (either one of them :3). Her weapon of choice is a whipblade - an exotic weapon made of a special sort of ultra-strong nanofibre. It can be either like a whip that can easily cut through cloth, skin and flesh, or turn into something like a rapier.