[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 18, 2008, 10:00:48 AM
You're welcome. :3 And hehehe. She and my character Pandora would get along great, then. :> And ooh, are we going to see her in Revenge of the Fridge?

~Keaton the Black Jackal
...No. >:3 We are getting to actually see her only in the "Battle of the Fridge"...

Ren Gaulen

Moooooore character art!! And more villains showing up. This one silently hovers into the picture long before he was mentioned in the comic.
Fear him. Fear him much. He is the captain of the Crucible, the Ravager-class strike carrier. And sooner or later the time for him to make his move will come...

Zedd

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Zedd on June 18, 2008, 03:22:11 PM
Adorable that is
Who, Arnax? Yeah, absolutely. He likes hugs. That is, he likes to hug stuff. And it is not his fault that when he hugs somebody, they usually come apart. Especially if he is in Arnax Crucible mode...

Zedd

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 18, 2008, 03:30:30 PM
Quote from: Zedd on June 18, 2008, 03:22:11 PM
Adorable that is
Who, Arnax? Yeah, absolutely. He likes hugs. That is, he likes to hug stuff. And it is not his fault that when he hugs somebody, they usually come apart. Especially if he is in Arnax Crucible mode...
Hugs eh? I dont mind he hugs me..I'll hug back..With my tentacles >:3

Ryan_Galen

Nice characters.
Means it will be an interesting story.
Also means it is keeping less and less likely I'll give permission to use Ryan as background filler cameo. You'll have more then enough original characters soon enough.

Probably for the best. Last thing we need is for Ryan to get near any G Stone. His dominate emotion is determination. Besides, when it comes to giant mecha, I favor a Big O kind of feel.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 18, 2008, 05:06:01 PM
Nice characters.
Means it will be an interesting story.
Also means it is keeping less and less likely I'll give permission to use Ryan as background filler cameo. You'll have more then enough original characters soon enough.

Probably for the best. Last thing we need is for Ryan to get near any G Stone. His dominate emotion is determination. Besides, when it comes to giant mecha, I favor a Big O kind of feel.
Damn, I miss that show. *sheds a single manly tear* "BIG O! IT'S SHOWTIME!!!"

Oh, well.. I doubt Big O will be appearing. A lot of other super robots will be, however... >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 17, 2008, 11:28:42 PM
Now fix the link to the last page from the archive.

Done.  The 'first' link was stuffed too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

I apologize for the lack of the comic updates, but since I am constantly in transit between the country and the city (and I have no computer in the country), I have no time to colour the new pages (and I have a few prepared). I have put my free time to a good use, though, developing the plot of the comic and its setting. I came back for a day today, and I have drawn another character while I had some free time - to keep this thread alive. Once again it is one of the bad guys.
Aiden joined the forces of the Dark Riders during the Moon War. They promised him power, and the power they gave him - he was more useful to the Dark Riders that way. However, he was defeated by Joshua when the latter became an Evoluder. Wanting to surpass Josh, Aiden implanted a pure R-Stone into his body, becoming a Deviluder. Among his powers is infinite regeneration and ability to use Maker Particles to form sharp metal blades and control them with telekinesis. Also, in the picture he is holding a humongous scalpel which he apparently have stolen from Dr Faust of "Guilty Gear" video game series. Or, maybe, he stole it from Dr Ink's collection. :3

Tapewolf

Neat.  I'll take your word for it that he's evil... he looks okay to me.  Then again I guess I have a soft spot for natural dobermans...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 25, 2008, 10:07:15 PM
Neat.  I'll take your word for it that he's evil... he looks okay to me.  Then again I guess I have a soft spot for natural dobermans...
Well, originally I was trying to draw another character, but he started to turn out looking a bit too evil for his personality, so I converted him into Aiden.

Ren Gaulen

Meh.. My comic project will have to wait, I fear. I'll probably have to redo the beginning anyway (or, rather, add some pages explaining where the story is unravelling). I guess I'll just keep posting related pictures meanwhile. Like this picture of Master Arctic's mech - Akatsuki.
It is a heavily modified Orion close-combat mech suited both for ground and space operations. While Orions were better suited for ranged combat, Akatsuki appears to lack any ranged weapons. However, it has two high-frequency swords that can cut almost through anything (except for "bosses") and is capable to shoot plasma from the four "eyes" on its torso. As for the hair, it actually does nothing. Master Arctic decided to attach it to make his mech look more menacing and badass. By the way, the creator of Akatsuki is unknown. Master Arctic claims to have built it himself. In a cave. From scraps.

Tapewolf

The face is really, really weird.  I'm not quite sure what I'm seeing.  Is that a muzzle?

Ren Gaulen

It has one large eye on its "nose", two large eyes on its "temples", and four small eyes between them. So, pretty much, this thing has no face at all. :.

Ren Gaulen

More robots coming in! This time it is the robot piloted by Evoluder Josh himself - J-Gar!
Created through the fusion of Joshua and a giant mechanical tiger Gar-Mac (well, at least the process is called "fusion", but actually Josh is transported into a sort of a quasi-space within Gar-Mac's G-Stone), J-Gar is a strong and agile bio-mechanoid meant for close combat. It was built by Kristofer, but the principle of its creation was brought by Josh himself from his trip to the Master G-Stone - the original G-Stone hidden away in the depths of space and time. Josh was transported into its quasi-space and back by his own G-Stone. There he met a man - or a spirit of a man, since it was really hard to tell in the quasi-space - who told him how to create Gar-Mac and the Regal Machines that would transform J-Gar into the supermechanoid King J-Gar. This man also taught Josh one very special combat technique that could be used only by King J-Gar.
However, even without the Regal Machines, J-Gar is a formidable combatant. His primary weapon is a high-frequency knife, summoned through the use of an abridged version of the Maker Arsenal, and he can also use standard hand-held weapons used by other mechanoids like Wraithbanes, Maulers, Orions or Valiants. Also, I think it goes without saying that J-Gar is one of a kind - in its construction Kris used the largest G-Stone found on the planet.

Tapewolf

I like the design.  I was going to say that the knife thing didn't look much cop, but then again it goes without saying that it would have some kind of secondary powers.
Without getting too technical (given that I know nothing of GGG), is this only a piloted mech, or also possessed of its own intelligence?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 07, 2008, 04:40:23 AM
I like the design.  I was going to say that the knife thing didn't look much cop, but then again it goes without saying that it would have some kind of secondary powers.
Well, the knife appeared as J-Gar's weapon due to several reasons. First of all, Guy Shishio, the protagonist of "GGG", had a knife as his personal weapon (but his mech, Gai-Gar, seemed to be unarmed and mostly useless in combat), and I decided to arm Josh's mech with a knife too, since it will have to fight some large robotic enemies. And the other reason is that the story will also parody "Evangelion", and most of the Evangelions had high-frequency knives as their close combat weapons (though Unit Two also used giant halberds and axes), and J-Gar looks very much like an Evangelion.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 07, 2008, 04:40:23 AM
Without getting too technical (given that I know nothing of GGG), is this only a piloted mech, or also possessed of its own intelligence?
Well, when Josh fuses with it, he pretty much controls J-Gar with his mine (thus becoming one with the mech), but since J-Gar is essentially transformed Gar-Mac, a mechanical tiger, it has an intelligence on its own, though this robot seems to be actually less intelligent than Kristofer's panthers - much closer to an animal than to a human. Anyway, J-Gar can work without any pilot at all, but it will be less effective that way, since it won't use any weapons and will just attack the enemy in a most direct way. It is still possible to send him a retreat order, though. :3 By the way, when Josh fuses with J-Gar, and especially when J-Gar connects with Regal Machines, transforming into King J-Gar (actually, these machines are supposed to transform themselves into some sort of a suit of armour for J-Gar), Josh slowly starts to lose himself as his mind comes in contact with the mind of a mechanical beast, eventually going completely berserk until he disconnects from his mech. Thankfully this changes are not permanent, and he goes back to normal when he fuses out.

Ren Gaulen

And here is another robot, this time piloted by Ren - Dai Raoh.
This is no ordinary mech. In fact, it is not really a mech at all, but one of the larger Dark Golems that was caprtured sometime during the Moon War and converted into a manned mechanoid. Also, it had its R-Core replaced with the G-Stone to make it controllable (or, rather, to make it impossible for the Dark Riders to control this mech). Dai Raoh was created especially for Ren and is best suited for unarmed combat. One of Dai Raoh's main weapons are large claw-like spikes on his fists. They are called Dragon Claws. Generating a special force field, a Heat Aura, they can pierce most kinds of armour. Also, Dai Raoh has Energy Canisters on his elbows, which, together with Dragon Claws, allow him to perform a special attack - Goha Kishin Ken or Roaring Machine-God Fist; he impales the target with the Claws and then sends a shockwave of heat and explosive energy into it, blowing the target apart. Dai Raoh has some other attacks, even more impressive than this one, like Kou Ken (Light Fist), which create a pair of dragon-shaped (think of Chinese dragons here) aura beasts (made of something like plasma) that charge at the target, entangling it or attacking furiously. And when all else fails, Ren can perform a sort of fusion with Dai Raoh, channelling his life energy into the mechanoid and sending it into an Overload Mode and increasing its already immense power tenfold. However, this technique is truly a last resort, since it can easily kill the pilot himslef, draining all of his life energy.

Ren Gaulen

What, no comments? But I already have another mech! Now it is Keaton's mech - Anubis!
Like Master Arctic's Akatsuki, Anubis is actually a heavily modified mass-production mech - Valiant. Unlike Akatsuki and J-Gar with Dai Raoh, Keaton's Anubis is best suited for ranged combat, though. Like Keaton herself, it utilizes the Maker Arsenal system, carrying a lot of different weapons. However, Anubis is capable of close combat, but it is not as tough as previous mechs. However, it would be hard to get close to Anubis, since it can fly (both in atmosphere and in space), has very powerful sensors and sensor jammers, and has an additional equipment in form of the Cloak of Invisibility (if you have ever watched "Escaflowne", you'll know what I'm talking about >:3). Anubis also has some special techniques, like Arsenal Missile, where it summons a bunch of missiles and launch them at once, or Holographic Copy, which creates one or several holographic duplicates of Anubis, distracting the enemy. Also, Keaton is capable of controlling her mech remotely.

Zedd

Sunblink

Oh, now that is neat. >:3 I especially envy your ability to draw mechanical stuff and robots, because, bloody hell, that is terrific. I love the gold-and-black color scheme reminiscent of Keaton's coloration, and the jackal-esque appearance you used for the model. This looks so fantastic. ;-; And really appropriate for Keaton's design, too.

Great weapon, too. I STILL envy your mad weapon-drawing skillz.

KEATON IS CONTAGIOUS.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 07, 2008, 07:27:12 PM
Oh, now that is neat. >:3 I especially envy your ability to draw mechanical stuff and robots, because, bloody hell, that is terrific. I love the gold-and-black color scheme reminiscent of Keaton's coloration, and the jackal-esque appearance you used for the model. This looks so fantastic. ;-; And really appropriate for Keaton's design, too.

Great weapon, too. I STILL envy your mad weapon-drawing skillz.

KEATON IS CONTAGIOUS.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Thanks. :3 When I was colouring Anubis, I wanted to add more golden stripes, but it turned out to look like a wasp. :animesweat Gold-and-black is actually one of my favourite colour schemes (along with red-and-black and white-and-black), and it fits Keaton perfectly. Also, Anubis was the guardian of the dead in Ancient Egyptian mythology, and so this mech fits her even more, since Keaton will have to send some spirits that have lost their way to the afterlife..
As for the weapon, Anubis will wield this halberd at some point. It will also use a pair of scimitars and lots of throwing spears. Firearms, however, will probably be limited to a particle accelerator (or a small hadron collider >:3) - not counting the Arsenal Missile, of course.

Ren Gaulen

Well, I don't really have the other mechs like King J-Gar, Kaiser Javelin or the mechs of the bad guys ready, so I'll post pictures of some of the characters instead.
Actually, I have already posted them before, but these are newer designs. Kaiko and Aiden lost their shades (though Kaiko will be wearing some sort of glasses or goggles now and then, because most scientist do that :3), Aiden also changed his outfit and got some wings, and Zig a slightly different colour scheme. A few more words about these guys.
Aiden used to be a normal guy leading a normal life, until the Dark Riders invaded Millia. When Millians started to create their Robot Army, Aiden became one of the pilots. But then the Dark Riders contacted him (through their newest Praetorian, Telos) and offered him power and immortality if he joined them. Seeing how dozens of his comrades were dying at the hands of Dark Golems and not wanting to share their fate, Aiden agreed. However, Dark Riders lost the war, and Aiden had to flee together with them(the Eye of Michael showed no mercy to the traitors). Three years later he returned as one of the Five Generals leading the new Dark Golem army. He was changed. No more was he a mortal man. The R-Core implanted into his body gave him great power and infinite regeneration, which made him virtually invincible. His orders - complete annihilation of Millia, but there is something more driving him than the will of his dark master - Aiden wants to find a man who has defeated him during the Moon War, and once again face him in battle. And the name of this man - Joshua Oswald.
Siegfried Nox was a demon serving the secret Order of the Eye of Michael. A decent guy (especially for a demon), who worked together with Keaton. Two years after the end of the war he was killed protecting professor Saotome from the assassins - only to come back a year later as an agent of the Dark Riders and one of the Five Generals. A vicious and skilled warrior, Zig relies on his brute strength and his cleaver sword in battle. After his ressurection he, too, has the power of infinite regeneration, though inferior to Aiden's. Zig also craves to meet one certain person - Keaton. More than anything else he wants her to join him - in death.
As for Kaiko, a brilliant scientist and a pioneer of Maker Technology, during her experimentation with the G-Stone she managed to transform herself into the Evoluder. But it did not save her from the Dark Riders, for whom she was the Enemy number one. However, even death obeys the leader of the Dark Riders, Lord Xanzanko, and Kaiko was brought back by his dark will - as the leader of the Five Generals. As the leader of the Five Generals, Kaiko is not likely to fight herself - she would rather observe the battles from the bridge of Crucible - but she still has her Evoluder powers, and we should not for get that Kaiko was the creator of the Maker Arsenal - so nobody knows what tricks she might have up her sleeve..

Tapewolf

I thought Kaiko was a guy... apart from that, good stuff.  I still like Aiden, evil or no.

Zedd

Very inpressive collection

Jairus

So this is what you do when you're not exchanging barbs under The Arena?

In all seriousness, great stuff. I can't wait to see more. I especially want to see some of the bad guy's stuff: they always get cool toys.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

And now it is time for some good guys! The reason why the Dark Riders attack planet Millia so relentlessly - Galatea 13 (or Teah, but not Galatea the 13nth)!
I don't remember if I said that before, but the comic will not be taking place in the DMFA'verse (though some DMFA features like "Cubi race and Warp-Aci will be present), and Galatea is not a Fae. She is a result of experiments in genetic engineering, a hybrid of a furre and, presumably, a specimen of an ancient Maker race (she was a thirteenth attempt which turned out to be the only successful one). While physically Galatea is about 15 years old, she is technically only about one year old, but she has the memory of her entire lost race sleeping inside her mind, and mental capabilities beyond those of any human (furre or whatever). Not only that, but she possesses the power of a G-Stone that was used in her creation. All in all she is nothing short of an ultimate life form, immortal and nearly indestructible, with a brain having processing power greater than a thousand supercomputers and a memory of an entire civilisation. But deep in heart she is still just a young girl who cannot find her place in the world and has to bear the fate of the entire Universe on her shoulders, because she is the Key for the Maker Legacy - Maker Emperor, a Machine God with so powerful it can create galaxies... or destroy them.
Also, you may notice that Teah is accompanied by a couple of odd characters. While I am not sure if they will appear in the story, I still added them. Both of them come from the universe of "Shades of Grey". The orange transparent entity is Citria, a fae (fae from "SoG" are nothing like fae from DMFA - they are much less powerful and often end up as servants to some magicians - or as living power plants), a messenger and advisor to Tamira (another one of my characters) and the red one is Tomato - Citria's own servant who is actually a lesser fae itself. I'll do a bigger picture of them one day.

Zedd

Very intresting concept you got there

schizo

I WILL KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR TALENT  D:<
But seriously,all of these are very good,
I envy your armor and mech drawing skills.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Schizo on July 10, 2008, 10:29:15 PM
But seriously,all of these are very good,  I envy your armor and mech drawing skills.
As do I.  Armour and clothing he's particularly good at.
Galatea does look kind of cute, though it's rather interesting that she has the same kind of wings as Aiden.

(Now I'll probably have to wait for 3 weeks for a reply to that  :rolleyes)