[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 01:29:38 PM
Keaton seems to have gotten over her horrid phobia of lollipops. :B
Or it hasn't happened yet...

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 10:26:28 PM
I'm curious as to who is in the third panel...
One of Ren's characters.  He will also cameo in the next page of Future History.  And probably in the one after that.  Though I don't know if a corpse really counts as a cameo.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 15, 2008, 06:51:46 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 10:26:28 PM
I'm curious as to who is in the third panel...
One of Ren's characters.  He will also cameo in the next page of Future History.  And probably in the one after that.  Though I don't know if a corpse really counts as a cameo.
Well, he is already a.. never mind. :3

King Of Hearts

O lord the references... heh heh

you kill me. you kill me dead.

Ren Gaulen

As I was drawing the next page of the "RotF", I decided to post some more related art. This time it is a picture of a mighty Dark Golem.
Yes, Dark Golems are big. And they are not exactly what is normally called a golem. Rather they are some sort of bio-robots powered by the R-Cores. Dark Golems are the grunts of the Dark Riders, the Bad Guys of the story. They are immensely strong and surprisingly fast and agile for their size. They are also capable of quick regeneration, so they may suddenly come back to life even when you think that you have killed them. When in comes to offensive capabilities, aside from their sheer physical strength, sharp claws and teeth (yes, they have a nasty tendency of eating enemy personnel), Dark Golems are usually equipped with shoulder-mounted weapons like plasma burners, particle accelerators or swarm missile launchers. Also, they have jump-jets attached to their backs and hips (excellent for air-dropping them on the heads of your enemies), and rollers in their feet to move much faster over smooth terrain.
The man standing next to the Golem is one of my characters from the world of "Shades of Grey", general Reiji Hassan, the leader of a mercenary army commonly known as the "Black Wraiths". He may appear in the "Revenge of the Fridge" as one of the villains, by the way.

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 15, 2008, 06:19:59 PM
Is Hassan dead, or was he always that colour?
One could say that he is neither alive, nor dead (that does not make him a Schrödinger cat, though). He is technically a revenant, but with the powers of a shadow angel. I won't go into details of what a shadow angel is, and just say that Reiji is considered to be one of the deadliest men in the galaxy. Oh, and his colour was brighter originally (before his initial death).

Ren Gaulen

Hello, my dear readers! The new page of the "RotF" is here!
And the plot thickens even more! Who is this man in bloodstained bandages? What will become with Kirian? Does Zonder metal taste like candy? And what the hell has just happened in the last three panels?!?
A little spoiler: Josh and Ren are not dead. They aren't even wounded. But Keaton did shoot them both.

Sunblink

Those three transitional panels closing in on Kirian's face are hilarious, yet adorable. Poor little Warp-Aci... :<

Also, I keep cheering whenever Keaton shows up on a comic page. Wtf is wrong with me? XD But I really am looking forward to seeing the next comic page. It almost seems as though Keaton has abandoned her soul-stealing habits in exchange for a pacifistic "love and peace" philosophy, but isn't very good at upholding it. :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ryan_Galen

Unless those shots were shells (and given the sound effects I'm going to guess for a "No." in that regard) I don't think bullets will work on those two. Chances are she just shot two lollipop's into their maws. Gene could shoot paint balls with his gun when needed after, after all.

And Kirian? You're a Warp Aci. Run you fool. Run!

Zedd

So llllaatteee but I look so adorable Ren :3 and rest of this looks so awesome

Ren Gaulen

I'm a bit surprised nobody have mentioned a very important detail in the first 1/3 of this page yet..

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 16, 2008, 09:04:16 PM
Also, I keep cheering whenever Keaton shows up on a comic page. Wtf is wrong with me? XD But I really am looking forward to seeing the next comic page. It almost seems as though Keaton has abandoned her soul-stealing habits in exchange for a pacifistic "love and peace" philosophy, but isn't very good at upholding it. :B
Well, Keaton is not exactly a pacifist in this story. It is just that there is a certain group of people that she wants to protect from another group of people. And as you will soon learn, she was not very successful so far...

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 16, 2008, 10:11:55 PM
Unless those shots were shells (and given the sound effects I'm going to guess for a "No." in that regard) I don't think bullets will work on those two. Chances are she just shot two lollipop's into their maws. Gene could shoot paint balls with his gun when needed after, after all.
Those shots technically were enchanted, it's just that Keaton uses a regular gun, so the sound of the spell activation cannot be heard behind the sound of the shots themselves. I won't directly tell what spells she launched, but if you know what Gene shot at Aisha in the restaurant, you'll know what happened to the guys. >:3
However, the spell bullets used by Keaton originate from the world of "Shades of Grey", and are different from "Outlaw Star" caster shells. In "SoG" a spellcaster could charge even regular bullets with some magical energy right before shooting, to make such bullets (more) harmful for magical creatures. And for more complex spells there are bullets made of special materials and covered in arcane inscriptions. Also, the gun itself is enchanted with a simple spell that is used to activate spell bullets the moment they are shot. Also, there is a difference between spell bullets and enchanted bullets. The former bear some complex spells and work only as carriers. They usually completely disintegrate right after the shot, releasing the spell. The enchanted bullets bear very simple magical enchantments or even just a magical charge, but they do full physical damage along with additional magical damage. Also, enchanted bullets are constantly "active", so you don't need any special enchanted weapons to use them, unlike spell bullets. Enchanted bullets are much easier to make than spell bullets, and, for instance, paladins of the Holy Order of Asheron often load machine guns with enchanted bullets when they go hunting altlings and daemons.

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 16, 2008, 10:11:55 PM
And Kirian? You're a Warp Aci. Run you fool. Run!
It's too late! Also, people (and other creatures) seem to get mesmerized by the sight of Zonder metal for some reason. They are also always look scared, as if they know what's coming. I could never understand why they acted that way in "GaoGaiGar". Sure, Penchinon was scary as hell, so he could be the reason for them freaking out..

Tapewolf

I'm liable to miss most of the references here, but that apart from that, it's nice.  I'll have to get my act together and add the missing strips to the archives.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 17, 2008, 05:52:28 AM
I'm a bit surprised nobody have mentioned a very important detail in the first 1/3 of this page yet..
I'm glad, if it's the detail I think you're thinking of  :3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 06:20:24 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 17, 2008, 05:52:28 AM
I'm glad, if it's the detail I think you're thinking of  :3
No, it has nothing to do with Kirian... >:3

Tapewolf

What's with the green eyes on Josh?  Or is that part of your crossovery thing?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 10:22:27 AM
What's with the green eyes on Josh?  Or is that part of your crossovery thing?
It's an entirely crossoverish thing, and it is supposed to signify the rise of Evoluder powers (the greener the eyes, the more power is being released). However, the wild-looking glowy green eyes come from "Getter Robot" series, not from "GaoGaiGar" (so Joshua is now both an Evoluder Guy and Ryoma Nagare >:3; don't worry, though - Ren is Domon Kasshu (from "G Gundam") and Folka Albark from ("Super Robot Wars" video game series)). I am going to reference a lot of different Super Robot shows in this comic.

Ren Gaulen

And now it is time for even more "RotF"-related pictures. This time it is a picture of Keaton using the Maker Arsenal system.
Yes, this is what Keaton wears under her coat in the comic. And her Maker Arsenal stores much more different weapons.

Zedd

And they said my father and Abel was loaded with toys

Sunblink

*high pitched girlish squeal*

Best. Mace. EVER. <3 I hate drawing weapons most of the time ;-; So I totally envy how you drew her mace. It's just so sexy and awesome.

Actually, EVERYTHING is awesome! :U Thank you so much. :3 Oh god, and I just realized you have holographic outlines of other weapons hovering around her. THE AWESOMENESS NEVER ENDS. I'm totally at a loss of vocabulary right now, but I'll just say this: you made a rather crappy day much better for me, Ren. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 17, 2008, 04:05:04 PM
*high pitched girlish squeal*

Best. Mace. EVER. <3 I hate drawing weapons most of the time ;-; So I totally envy how you drew her mace. It's just so sexy and awesome.

Actually, EVERYTHING is awesome! :U Thank you so much. :3 Oh god, and I just realized you have holographic outlines of other weapons hovering around her. THE AWESOMENESS NEVER ENDS. I'm totally at a loss of vocabulary right now, but I'll just say this: you made a rather crappy day much better for me, Ren. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Thank you. I actually like drawing different instruments of destruction. :3 And I can guarantee that at least the hammer, the mace and maybe one of the remaining six weapons presented in the picture will be used by Keaton during the comic. Also, machine guns, a rocket launcher and an anti-tank rifle. >:3

Tapewolf

That, I like.  As ever, I'm impressed by your ability to design clothing and armour.
What's with her eyes, though?  Is she wearing goggles?

Sunblink

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 17, 2008, 04:19:33 PM
Thank you. I actually like drawing different instruments of destruction. :3 And I can guarantee that at least the hammer, the mace and maybe one of the remaining six weapons presented in the picture will be used by Keaton during the comic. Also, machine guns, a rocket launcher and an anti-tank rifle. >:3

Well that gives me something to look forward to~ >:3 Out of curiosity, did you draw the mace based off of the description I gave you of Catastrophe?

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 04:22:16 PM

I can't speak for Ren, but I think they're closed, actually.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 04:22:16 PM
That, I like.  As ever, I'm impressed by your ability to design clothing and armour.
It is difficult to see owing to the black markings on her face, but her right eye is closed. Her left eye, however, is covered by an eye-patch. But Keaton has a left eye. A bionic left eye. It is set to aura vision, so Keaton can see any living creatures even through solid objects (but not always through other living creatures). She wears an eye-patch not to unnerve people with a lifeless glowing green eye. By the way, her left arm here is bionic too. It houses the Maker Arsenal system and a special power source.
The suit Keaton is wearing can protect her both from cold and heat, it can redirect the excess energy (giving protection from some energy weapons like lasers) and is bullet-proof. It also has a nanobit system that works as a chameleon camouflage and a forcefield generator (well, the generator itself is attached to Keaton's left hip).

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 17, 2008, 04:28:52 PM
Out of curiosity, did you draw the mace based off of the description I gave you of Catastrophe?
Yes. Had to try drawing it, even though maces are not among my favourite weapons. :3

Tapewolf

I've added these last two strips to the archive on Project Future.
Ren, make sure you've un-ticked "Store colour values for transparent pixels" when saving them, because these things are huge!

Talking of which it seems that my web host has not increased the disk quota (despite having taken the money for doing that), which I discovered while trying to upload these strips.  Fun...

GabrielsThoughts

"one of us is wrong"

Mr. T, takes cane frome JP and  swats him over the head...

Now fix the link to the last page from the archive.

EDIT: this was meant as a joke.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Ren Gaulen

I have decided to post more character art for "RotF". This time it is one of the bad guys, Siegfried Faradeus Nox.
As you can easily guess, Zig (as he is often called - don't mistake for any other Zigs!) has already appeared in the comic. You will notice that his outfit is almost identical to Keaton's - there is a reason for that. Zig is a demon, by the way. His weapon looks like more like a saw than a sword.. Then again, swords tend to break often when he uses them.

Ren Gaulen

So more character art! :B The next character is Kaiko Saotome, the genius inventor and engineer, and the pioneer of the Maker technology.
By the way, this is not the way she used to look like. And she is not related to Abel - her green eye is infused with the G-stone energy (I mean, the energy of the G-stone is what makes her left eye green). Also, it may be difficult to see, but her glasses are held together by duct tape. Also, I intentionally made her look similar to Jyrras, but I feel that she looks too similar to him now.. :paranoid

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 18, 2008, 09:10:21 AM
Also, I intentionally made her look similar to Jyrras, but I feel that she looks too similar to him now.. :paranoid
I was about to say, it's not her similarity to Abel that you want to be worried about.  :3

As for Zig, what struck me as interesting was his resemblance to Ren.

Sunblink

Awww, I love Kaiko. She looks quite like a chipper mad scientist. :3 I like her design, too. Your character designs are really nice, Ren. I suck at designing clothing, so I totally envy your mad skillz. D:

Also, heterochromatic eyes are awesome.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2008, 09:21:29 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 18, 2008, 09:10:21 AM
Also, I intentionally made her look similar to Jyrras, but I feel that she looks too similar to him now.. :paranoid
I was about to say, it's not her similarity to Abel that you want to be worried about.

As for Zig, what struck me as interesting was his resemblance to Ren.
Well, her similarity to Abel is limited to her eyes. As for the fact that she looks like a female Jyrras' clone, she was meant to be a scientist from the very beginning, but I didn't know what she should look like. Her last name is a reference to Dr. Saotome from "Getter Robot". But Dr. Saotome was a large old man, while Kaiko was supposed to be a reference to one more character, this time from "GaoGaiGar" (or, more preciesly "GaoGaiGar Final"), and look similar to that other character. And that character was (well, looked, as it was hard to tell her age) very young and had a rather small frame. So in a spur of a moment I decided to make Kaiko look like Jyrras.
As for Zig, he was originally created as an evil alternative version of Ren. In this story, however, his interaction with Ren will be minimal, as he is supposed to be another characters "opponent of choice"..

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 18, 2008, 09:39:41 AM
Awww, I love Kaiko. She looks quite like a chipper mad scientist. :3 I like her design, too. Your character designs are really nice, Ren. I suck at designing clothing, so I totally envy your mad skillz. D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Thanks. :3 She is really a bit mad (she even experimented on herself, which led to her getting that freaky green eye). By the way, the cloak is not a usual part of her outfit. But it is a part of her "uniform". You'll know what I mean soon... >:]

Sunblink

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 18, 2008, 09:47:37 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 18, 2008, 09:39:41 AM

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Thanks. :3 She is really a bit mad (she even experimented on herself, which led to her getting that freaky green eye). By the way, the cloak is not a usual part of her outfit. But it is a part of her "uniform". You'll know what I mean soon... >:]

You're welcome. :3 And hehehe. She and my character Pandora would get along great, then. :> And ooh, are we going to see her in Revenge of the Fridge?

~Keaton the Black Jackal