[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan_Galen

...guess Evoluder Josh isn't as powerful as Robot Josh. Of course both leave Cyborg Josh in the dust.

Still, what should we expect? Ren hasn't had any screen time yet, and the last time on screen Josh had a full body of flesh he also had a gaping ab wound. Still, that does put make Josh the favored to win... assuming the two of them get a chance to come to blows again.

By the way, just out of curiousity, in the backstage backstage world of the inside of your head, is Ren fuming over you making him be beefcake to the audience? Because I know Ryan would be if I put him in a situation like that, but Ryan is Ryan and Ren is Ren. I'm just curious what type of feline the red fireball is since you appear to have a lot planned for him.

[Edit]
While normally quoting an entire large picture is undesirable, the fact my post was the first post after the new picture and the post bumped us over to a new page... I'm going to take a risk that under these circumstances it might be needed.
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 09, 2008, 08:09:53 PM
Aaaaaaand action! The fight between Joshua and Ren finally begins for real!
...Well, who knew that they both would turn out to be total wusses?.. :animesweat Next time, we will learn who the misterious biker really is (most of you probably know it anyway), and what is happening in the other parts of the base.
[/Edit]

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 09, 2008, 10:21:38 PM
...guess Evoluder Josh isn't as powerful as Robot Josh. Of course both leave Cyborg Josh in the dust.

Still, what should we expect? Ren hasn't had any screen time yet, and the last time on screen Josh had a full body of flesh he also had a gaping ab wound. Still, that does put make Josh the favored to win... assuming the two of them get a chance to come to blows again.
In all the honesty their moment of weakness was not caused by wussiness. If anyone of them was a regular human being (OK, a regular furre), the other's punch would have pulverized their skull (if you have ever seen "Fist of the North Star", you'd know it to be true >:3). Even with their powers they have nearly incapacitated each other. You could even say that they both have a splitting headache right now.
Either way, the fight isn't over yet, and our heroes are just taking a break, but the "Red Rider" is almost here, and who knows whose side will she take?

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 09, 2008, 10:21:38 PM
By the way, just out of curiousity, in the backstage backstage world of the inside of your head, is Ren fuming over you making him be beefcake to the audience? Because I know Ryan would be if I put him in a situation like that, but Ryan is Ryan and Ren is Ren. I'm just curious what type of feline the red fireball is since you appear to have a lot planned for him.
Well, considering how Ren lost his shirt for a "good" cause (a good fight is always a good reason to lose a shirt! >:]), he does not really mind. :3 In fact Ren used to lose lots of shirts (sometimes more than just shirts >:3) during his early adventures. Later he got that outfit made of "active fibre", which was much more resilient to damage. Ren does not really mind doing a bit of fanservice now and then, but he does not really care about it either.
And yes, I do have a lot planned for our red fireball.. >:3 But Joshua will be the star of this show.

Tapewolf

So, out of interest, does this version of Josh have an organic head?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Evoluder Josh is entirely organic. Well, I am not sure if an Evoluder body is protein-based, or made up of some sort of nanomachines instead of cells, but it is similar to a human body in its structure. However, Evoluders are physically and mentally superior to regular humans - they are super-strong, can survive anything short of decapitation (Evoluder Guy from "GaoGaiGar" was stabbed through a heart with a metal blade and just shrugged it off), regenerate at an astounding rate, and have considerable psychokinetic powers which allow them to levitate, move objects and control electronic equipment with their will. They also can produce some sort of a green-coloured aura that can work as a protective shield and even allow them to survive in open space or at the ocean floor without any additional protection. To tell the truth, Evoluder powers have never been elaborated in "GaoGaiGar", so I am more or less making stuff up.

Cogidubnus

I think I just finally figured out who the person in red is.  :B

Also, concerning that, >:3.

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

As I was working on the next page of the "RotF", I decided to post some more of the concept-art. This time it is a view of Kris's base, and particularly the "K-J" hangar. Unlike the "Meet the Maker" picture it is more of a piece of concept-art, so I'll just post a link to the picture. A few notes concerning the base. First of all, it hardly has anything to do with the real base from "Project Future". This base is more of a military installation, and less like a research complex. "RotF" is taking place in an alternative univerce, and Kris is working on a quite different project (Maker technology and the G-stones >:3). Those spherical objects you can see in the picture are not radar domes. They are warship class laser turrets that work as stationary anti-air and anti-ground defences. The "K-J" hangar is huge - it could house a B-52, I think. In fact, it could house several B-52's stacked on top of each other, since this hangar goes deep underground. The somewhat conical thing behind the right laser tower is a space shuttle (if you are familiar with the "BattleTech" universe, you'll probably recognize it). I actually regret sticking it in among buildings, as there seems to be no way to move it away now. Aside from flying this thing, but it will blow away the hangars in the background. :< Oh, and you are probably wondering what does "K-J" stand for. I'll answer this question now to avoid unnecessary speculations: "K-J" stands for Kaiser-Javelin. Now I'll leave you to wonder what is "Kaiser-Javelin" (because I'm evil like that). >:3
By the way, I wonder if anybody wants their characters to appear as cameos in my comic. However, if you would want your character to make such appearance, you must keep in mind that in "RotF" no-one is safe from getting in a potentially life-threatening situation (the comic is a parody, and it contains some humour, but there will be lots of action and bad guys who mean business).

Tapewolf

Nice, though rather ill-suited to Arctic conditions, I would say.  The actual base I had envisaged as mostly squat buildings, but with three or four taller buildings linked together by a two-story corridor.

Ryan_Galen

Nice base. I will admit Tap is right that it isn't fully practical in an artic base sense, but it is still nice. They probably have super effective hyperspace age insulation or something to compensate. Can't say I recognize the space shuttle, but then again I never saw BattleTech... at least not the BattleTech you're talking about.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 12, 2008, 07:46:58 PM
By the way, I wonder if anybody wants their characters to appear as cameos in my comic. However, if you would want your character to make such appearance, you must keep in mind that in "RotF" no-one is safe from getting in a potentially life-threatening situation (the comic is a parody, and it contains some humour, but there will be lots of action and bad guys who mean business).

While there is always the temptation to say yes, I'm going to have to pass.

Partly because I don't think I deserve it.
Partly because I care for Ryan.
...and mostly because Ryan is sharpening a very big axe with my name on it.

Seriously, cameos like what you are offering are random things that artists do to rewards readers/friends they like. Even when the player's character is being disemboweled, the player is still going "Squeew" inside. Art is rarely a bad thing to the player no matter how many organs are lost on the character's part.

So I'd really like to say yes... but Ryan is done sharpening the axe. Bygottago!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2008, 08:14:44 PM
Nice, though rather ill-suited to Arctic conditions, I would say.  The actual base I had envisaged as mostly squat buildings, but with three or four taller buildings linked together by a two-story corridor.
I forgot to mention that a large portion of the base is situated underground. Also, most of the buildings you see in the picture (at least those in the background) are hangars housing some vehicles.

Ren Gaulen

Hello, my dear friends! It is I, and it is time for the next instalment of the "Revenge of the Fridge"!
And now, as some of the previous questions are answered, even more questions arise! Why was the Red Rider (you know her, don't you? :3) so nice to the nameless guard (his name is Timothy, actually)? Did this poor guard's brain crash or something? Who is our heroine looking for, and who is that Kaiko? What is threatening the future of the world? Where is Kirian and what does she have to do with anything?? Stay tuned for the next page!! :B
By the way, I was planning to add a couple cameos in the next page. If nobody turns up, I'll just use some anime and video-game cameos.

Tapewolf

Hey, nice one of Nilson.  And Keaton.  Everyone, in fact.
I'll add that to the archive presently.  My only concern is that you may end up spoiling PF itself.  Especially if Keaton shapeshifts.  Yes, there are people in the readership off-forum who don't know she's a succubus...

I can send you the multilayer for Page 9 if you want to see how I put Kirian together...

Now I must go and announce Project Future 18.

**EDIT**

Fridge 5 is now in the archives.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 04:34:23 PM
Hey, nice one of Niall.  And Keaton.  Everyone, in fact.
I'll add that to the archive presently.  My only concern is that you may end up spoiling PF itself.  Especially if Keaton shapeshifts.  Yes, there are people in the readership off-forum who don't know she's a succubus...

I can send you the multilayer for Page 9 if you want to see how I put Kirian together...

Now I must go and announce Project Future 18.
Don't worry - she isn't going to shapeshift in this story. Phase-shift - maybe, but no shapeshifting. >:3
And a multilayer for Page 9 will be quire useful - Kirian will have a major part in the story.

Cogidubnus

I laughed. :B

Also, am I mistaken in observing that *someone* is wearing the outfit of a one *anime character*?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 13, 2008, 06:29:51 PM
I laughed. :B

Also, am I mistaken in observing that Keaton is wearing the outfit of a one **** the ********?
Well, I asked not to post the correct answer here (>:[), but I guess it doesn't matter now. So yes, she is wearing ****'s outfit. :3 In fact she even has a gun similar to ****'s (NO Angel's arm, though - drawing this thing will kill me). >:3 However, in terms of firepower Keaton's revolver is closer to the caster gun of one Gene Starwind...

Cogidubnus

My apologies, sir. I thought the cat was out of the bag. I have edited accordingly - you may wish to do the same.

Also, I anticipate explosions. This makes me a happy Cog.  :)

Ren Gaulen

There will be a small (approximately the size of a grizzly) Dark Golem crashing through a wall soon. And some time later there will be a giant... well, a giant bio-mechanical replica of a certain minor character, wreaking havoc on Kris's base. But Kris has just the thing to deal with rampaging monsters of a Godzilla's size (no, not a satellite equipped with an ion cannon)... >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 13, 2008, 06:39:10 PM
My apologies, sir. I thought the cat was out of the bag. I have edited accordingly - you may wish to do the same.
No matter - I didn't understand the answer when I saw it  >:3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 06:55:59 PM
It's just that Keaton is wearing an outfit similar to the one worn by a certain anime character, and this outfit hints at the similarities between that character and the version of Keaton in this story. :3

schizo

I actually expected one of two things to happen in the second panel,they are as follows:
1.The peace sign followed by her shouted "Love and Peace!"
2.The same look except for a big freaky smile.

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 13, 2008, 07:00:20 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 13, 2008, 06:55:59 PM
It's just that Keaton is wearing an outfit similar to the one worn by a certain anime character, and this outfit hints at the similarities between that character and the version of Keaton in this story. :3

Really? So it is not the fact that it is Keaton that you're worried about but people leaking but who she is cosplaying as? Well that at least is kind of obvious. Certainly after the lolipop. Nobody in a red coat walks around with that kind of attitude except... well I'm not going to write it out loud.

Ren Gaulen

It seems that a lot of people have guessed what character is Keaton "cosplaying" as, so I think I should warn you that Keaton will not be a cheerful and "Loev & Peace" as that character in this story. >:3

Sunblink

Oh my god. I can't stop laughing at the sixth and seventh panel. That is brilliant. XD Especially Keaton's dialogue in the sixth panel and chibi-lollipop-holding-Niall in the seventh panel with the little Keaton logos in the background. I love all of this.

Keaton seems to have gotten over her horrid phobia of lollipops. :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 01:29:38 PM
Keaton seems to have gotten over her horrid phobia of lollipops. :B
"By becoming one with the lollipops, I no longer fear lollipops." I'll need to find a way to use this line at some point. :3

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 01:29:38 PM
Oh my god. I can't stop laughing at the sixth and seventh panel. That is brilliant. XD Especially Keaton's dialogue in the sixth panel and chibi-lollipop-holding-Niall in the seventh panel with the little Keaton logos in the background. I love all of this.
That's not Niall - he is not present in this comic at all. :3 The guard's name is Timothy. I think he'll appear again in the future (probably only to be eaten by a Dark Golem >:3).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 14, 2008, 03:35:28 PM
Will the Dark Golem call him a little lollipop?
I doubt that. But the Dark Golem might take that lollipop instead of taking Timmy's life! :3

Ren Gaulen

And the next instalment of the "Revenge of the Fridge" is here! Beware, though! The plot thickens and things are starting to get scary! >:3
Keaton is still looking for someone, but whom does she find instead? Why is there a Snake lurking about Kris's base (he has nothing to do with anything, honestly)? Whom is Kristian (the guy in black coat in the third panel) talking to over the cell phone? Is it healthy for mecha-panthers to eat energon? And finally: Who is that scary person talking in scary fonts and what treats does he have for poor little Kirian (hint: it looks kinda like candy, it is called Z****r Metal, and there was a lot of this stuff in "GaoGaiGar" >:3)?
By the way, it is Zedd treating one of the panthers to some energon in the first panel. He asked me to have him in the comic talking to the panthers at some point, but it did not work out funny enough, so I went with the "feeding" idea. :3

Ryan_Galen

While I've never seen it, I've read a lot about "GaoGaiGar" from it's wiki trying to figure out what you're doing, so I know what you're talking about concerning this Z[blank] Metal. Also now expecting Josh to use Heaven and Hell at some point in time during this parody.

I wonder... if you purify a being of darkness like a Warp Aci, would it return to normal or cease to exist?

So, Zedd has been recieved a cameo. Now it is only a matter or time before we find out what his entrails look like. Following the rules for minor characters, my guess is it will happen on his third appearence.

Sunblink

Aww, Zedd looks so cute in the first panel, playing with the mech-panther. :3

I admit, Keaton's never-changing expression made me giggle. Especially Solid Snake's appearance in the second panel. I feel it's relevant to mention I desperately want to play Guns of the Patriots, but because I dislike having to pay an insane amount of money for a PS3, I cannot. :< Actually, that's not really relevant at all but I just wanted to bitch about something. :C Off-topic, I'm curious as to who is in the third panel...

Y'know, I'm gonna start drawing Keaton with erect ears, like you do, Ren. >:3 She'd look more like a jackal that way, and I always draw her with droopy ears which don't make her look nearly as sharp.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 14, 2008, 09:29:04 PM
Also now expecting Josh to use Heaven and Hell at some point in time during this parody.
Yesss... >:]

I wonder... if you purify a being of darkness like a Warp Aci, would it return to normal or cease to exist?
Nah.. Purification of darkness was too cheesy. I'll limit to purification f Z-Metal. :3

So, Zedd has been recieved a cameo. Now it is only a matter or time before we find out what his entrails look like. Following the rules for minor characters, my guess is it will happen on his third appearence.
Well, I'm not entirely sure about eviscerating someone else's character, but when the Dark Golem finally appears, limbs will fly.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 10:26:28 PM
Aww, Zedd looks so cute in the first panel, playing with the mech-panther. :3
Feeding mecha-panthers. :3 With energon. :3

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 14, 2008, 10:26:28 PM
Off-topic, I'm curious as to who is in the third panel...
The person tolking on the cell phone in the third panel is Kristian "Kriss" Frost (he made an appearance in the second page already). I decided to give him a bigger role. He is one of my own characters, and his name may cause a bit of confusion. He is Kris's bodyguard. Also, he is a Creature (well, it would have been strange for an Angel to have a Being as a bodyguard).