[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Oh my..So cute yet evil..I wonder what else you cooking up

Ren Gaulen

...And yet another chibi! It is a second chibification of Ren Gaulen this time. For some reason his Asheron paladin's coat makes him look a bit like a pirate captain. :.
Chibi-series will continue.

Ren Gaulen

Hmm... I wonder if anyone remembers how Joshua Oswald was turned into a fridge in the "Project Future" out-takes? You might want to visit the "Out-takes" sections of the "Project Future" archives to understand what is going on in the following comic, or rather, why is it going on.
Apparently, Cyborg Joshua has become an Evoluder Joshua. And then he has become Joshua "Dio" Brando. :U Don't feel sorry for Ren - he had it coming. >:3

techmaster-glitch

Suwako

Fridged, its like the most awesome way to die.

beside dieing in a ball of explosive gas and juggling chainsaws.

Zedd

James StarRunner

Ryan_Galen

...chibis are ok, but the lack of noses on the furry chibis is kind of... disturbing. Makes them look like they don't have muzzles.

The fridge on the other hand is pure awesome. Can't wait to see how Ren will strike back. Because you know something like that means war.

Ren Gaulen

Hi, everybody! It's Ren, and I've got a new fridge for you. >:3
As you could have guessed, Ren isn't going down without a fight. He even snapped out of that "cute" form to retaliate! Meanwhile, as "Evoluder" Joshua and "Mystic" Ren prepare to do battle, Kris is seriously considering the evacuation from the base. In the next page, the battle begins! (Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen!)

Zedd

Ryan_Galen

...boy. Did I choose the right time to post or what?

Anyway, after looking up what an Evoluder is, I'm putting my money on Josh. Besides, the guy hardly gets his chance to shine in the comic. He secret military agent, and he is stuck playing little Timmy to Jakob. He deserves to come out on top in a combat sequence.

No offence since I know he's your avatar, but I say Ren is going to go down. ...now, what to use as collateral for the bet?

In any case, regarding the art... how did Ren trash his shirt that much for so little gain in muscle mass? And his pants... they're untouched.

Oh, and seeing the good doctor outside of his own base due to the interior conflict is a nice touch. Who is the person standing next to him, though?

GabrielsThoughts

So, this is what  was going on in the other side of the project future building... let's hope the fight doesn't spill over and (please) cause irreparable harm to the Project future time line.... oh look an open warp aci portal large enough for two brawling furries to pass through and wreak... havoc.   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ryan_Galen on June 03, 2008, 09:53:02 PM
Anyway, after looking up what an Evoluder is, I'm putting my money on Josh. Besides, the guy hardly gets his chance to shine in the comic. He secret military agent, and he is stuck playing little Timmy to Jakob. He deserves to come out on top in a combat sequence.
Not only Joshua has (somehow) become an Evoluder, he has also harnessed (some of) the powers of Dio Brando. Ren, however, has some powers too, and he should not be taken lightly (red eyes equal impending ass kicking).

No offence since I know he's your avatar, but I say Ren is going to go down. ...now, what to use as collateral for the bet?
..There will be more characters joining the fight, so don't start betting yet... >:3

In any case, regarding the art... how did Ren trash his shirt that much for so little gain in muscle mass? And his pants... they're untouched.
The shirt was trashed by a sudden surge of power (note the "BAMF" in the third panel). As for his pants - they are made of "active fibre" that can easily redistribute the excess energy and even change its shape if needed (this "active fibre" is actually used by many military forces in the world of "Shades of Grey", where Ren comes from).

Oh, and seeing the good doctor outside of his own base due to the interior conflict is a nice touch. Who is the person standing next to him, though?
The person with Kris is one of my characters, Kristian Frost (who is usually called just Kriss (always spelled with double "s"), by the way :P). I'm not sure if he will do anything useful, though - he was added just to deliver his line which allowed Kris to say his "Safer" line.

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 03, 2008, 10:32:12 PM
So, this is what  was going on in the other side of the project future building... let's hope the fight doesn't spill over and (please) cause irreparable harm to the Project future time line.... oh look an open warp aci portal large enough for two brawling furries to pass through and wreak... havoc.   
Don't worry. The fight takes place on an imaginary battleground and it will not cause any actual destruction whatsoever. Not at all. Really. *unsuccessfully tries to hide some random debris*

Tapewolf

It's a good job you didn't ask me to colour the previous strip.  I'd have made the 'splat' under the fridge red and squishy...  :3

Ren Gaulen

And so the battle of the Fridge continues (the fridge itself has temporarily disappeared from the picture, but it has played its role already, anyway)!
And with a new pane, many questions arise! Will Joshua prove that he is not comic relief? Have fridges been thrown at Ren in the past? What is stronger: Ren's Awakened form, or Joshua's Evoluder powers? Who is this mysterious person riding a motorcycle through the frozen wastes? Is it even possible for a bike to go over thick snow? And finally: VEGETA! WHAT DOES THE SCOUTER SAY ABOUT THEIR POWER LEVEL?! D:<
By the way, I wonder if you know what anime and manga character that red coat belonged to, and what game that "БЕЙ" thingie came from. If you know the answer to the first question (about the coat), don't post it here!! It is relevant to the plot!

schizo

Vegeta really clinches it,this is CRAZY.
crazy AWESOME.
I'm not sure but i think i know where the coat is from.

Ren Gaulen

If you know where the coat came from and want to know if you are right, PM me. I don't want to spoil anything. >:3

Tapewolf

AFAIK the inscription on the windshield transliterates to 'BEI', but that means absolutely squat to me anyway...

Nice art.  It looks like you've using multiple layers to get some kind of weather effect.  The rider is hardly mysterious.  Unless it's a feint and it's really Lianna or someone else to throw people off.

Ren Gaulen

Zedd

Your really having alot fun with this arent ya Ren?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2008, 05:19:17 PM
Your really having alot fun with arent ya Ren?
I think there may be a name missing from that sentence.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2008, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2008, 05:19:17 PM
Your really having alot fun with arent ya Ren?
I think there may be a name missing from that sentence.

:shifty

I have nothing to do with it.

I have nothing to do with this at all... >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: Great artwork, Ren. I think I know where the cloak is from but I'll leave the speculation up to everyone else cos I'm lazy. XD

Zedd

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 07, 2008, 07:24:43 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: Great artwork, Ren. I think I know where the cloak is from but I'll leave the speculation up to everyone else cos I'm lazy. XD
LIES!!  :>

Sunblink

Quote from: Zedd on June 07, 2008, 07:51:59 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 07, 2008, 07:24:43 PM

~Keaton the Black Jackal
LIES!!  :>

NOTHING!!

*stealth stealth*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

You were right, Tape. This spin-off won't be limited to six or so pages. When the revenge of the fridge is over, the Battle of the Fridge will begin. >:3 As a little sneak-peek, here's a picture related to the events of the "Battle of the Fridge".
This robot, the Shin Maker (an obvious Shin Getter parody), will show up at some point. And it won't show up alone. Those people who know why Joshua is called Evoluder Josh here probably have already guessed what else will be showing up.. >:3

...I always wanted to make a super robot show parody... :3

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 07, 2008, 05:18:12 PM
As for the rider, she is not mysterious indeed.

Considering the fact that with that hair I was expecting Doctor Ink, I think she is very mysterious, despite intentions.

And what in the world does Ren have against shirts anyway? Given the fact what he had left surived his first burst of power, and he still has yet to show any serious muscle gain, there is really no reason I can see for him to be shirtless in the fourth panel. Aside from artistic direction anyway.
:P

But in all honesty... are we even going to have a set when all this is done? Having a backscene parody is all well an good, but at this rate you guys are going to have to hire SMT builders to get the place repaired in time for Chapter 3 to be filmed.

Ren Gaulen

I won't disclose the name of the rider yet, since some people haven't guessed who is she. :P As for the shirt, it was supposed to be disintegrating in that fourth panel, but I forgot to draw it. :< Also fanservice. :3 Then again, I'm not sure that Ren has fans yet. As for the set, Ren and Josh won't damage it - they won't have enough time to do it. They - won't... >:3 As for the repairs, I have already called in the Maker Emperor to fix everything when the battles are over.

Ren Gaulen

Aaaaaaand action! The fight between Joshua and Ren finally begins for real!
...Well, who knew that they both would turn out to be total wusses?.. :animesweat Next time, we will learn who the misterious biker really is (most of you probably know it anyway), and what is happening in the other parts of the base.