01/19/08 [#59] - That man is chubby.

Started by stiletto, January 19, 2008, 07:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

And Jig is STILL vibrating on the floor, the poor Talmi. At least White Noise isn't as... I dunno, uppity acting as Arikos? More polite as far as the criminals of Last Resort go. Perhaps White Noise has some resistance to Celeste stuff. Light Child perhaps?

And boy, it sure looks like Arikos' face has chubbed up there.

Oh, and first four cast pages up. Do take a look.

Tapewolf

Interesting.  And the cast thing will be useful as I can only remember a couple of their names...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

stiletto

I've spent some time staring at the page where they're all named, so I'm getting fairly good at it now.

And I also just noticed that there's text behind some of Arikos' word bubbles. My laptop screen tends to blend all those light colors together so I didn't see it the first time. If I were to bother translating that type into 'normal' type, would I find that it actually says something, or that it's just Jig playing with her keyboard.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's all in kanji, or possibly katakana (I wouldn't necessarily recognise the difference without assistance)

I suspect it's "listen to me, believe me, I'm trustworthy" subtext, using Celeste traits. And White Noise is ignoring it.

I note that the dossier on Arikos suggests that he has some "issues" with Dead Inside. That may be affecting how he deals with Jigsaw...

... and, later, one presumes how Jigsaw deals with him. Or to him, as appropriate.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 19, 2008, 08:26:03 PM
It's all in kanji, or possibly katakana (I wouldn't necessarily recognise the difference without assistance)

I suspect it's "listen to me, believe me, I'm trustworthy" subtext, using Celeste traits. And White Noise is ignoring it.

I note that the dossier on Arikos suggests that he has some "issues" with Dead Inside. That may be affecting how he deals with Jigsaw...

... and, later, one presumes how Jigsaw deals with him. Or to him, as appropriate.

For what it's worth, it's Dark Arts from Blambot. (I seem to use his stuff exclusively now)

your suspicions as to what it says are pretty dead-on though, for what it's worth. :) I don't expect people to translate them, but at least writing out something beats foregoing all pretense.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on January 19, 2008, 11:28:53 PM
your suspicions as to what it says are pretty dead-on though, for what it's worth. :) I don't expect people to translate them, but at least writing out something beats foregoing all pretense.

You don't expect? But we're fans! ;-]

stiletto

Seriously, what's the point of having a comic if you don't have those few nutso fans that do things like that. We want to garner every detail!

After that, we'll go and translate Last Resort into some funny language, like Latin or Klingon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pagan

And then there's the slightly more lazy fans who prefer to watch the hardcore fans do all that hardwork, while we wait for everything to be revealed in time.

And speaking of lazy, Arikos got fat in prison. Geez

By the way, thank you Jig, for the Cast Pages. They will be appreciated.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Kenji

Is it just me, or is Geisha's image messed up at top? Or is that spose to be there to prevent seeing the face?

techmaster-glitch

You see it too? I think it's there on purpose then. You apparenty aren't supposed to look directly into Geisha's face without his mask, and I don't think he's wearing it in his mug shot.

Reese Tora

silly, when it's accidental, jpegs corrupt from the bottom up :)

I thought hiding the face that was was rather clever when I first saw to profile pic on Jiggy's DA.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Reese Tora on January 21, 2008, 04:54:09 AM
silly, when it's accidental, jpegs corrupt from the bottom up :)

Ah, so upside-down-ternet strikes again?

Brunhidden

he looks so much like a chick i know i keep thinking of him as a girl... weird.

but yeah, if someone with a rap sheet like he does calls someone 'evil'- does that mean they're super evil or that they're actually probably pretty nice?

I also wonder how much of jiggy in the fetal position is the mind reading and how much is her fighting off a concusion.

QuoteEvil Overlord rule #150- I will provide funding and research to develop tactical and strategic weapons covering a full range of needs so my choices are not limited to "hand to hand combat with swords" and "blow up the planet".
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kenji

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 24, 2008, 12:50:28 PM
he looks so much like a chick i know i keep thinking of him as a girl... weird.

That makes two of us.