Honor Circle Returns! (OOC) - Open

Started by Boog, November 02, 2007, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

I can see that getting quite messy... in more ways than one.  :P
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Spots:

Mel suggested we have some accessories in the bar. This sounds like a good plan.

I was thinking Jaegers, on a Thursday. What say you? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SpottedKitty

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 17, 2009, 10:42:02 PM

I was thinking Jaegers, on a Thursday. What say you? ;-]

I say I'm not that keen to find out just what "Poetry Slam Night" entails. Andrace might enjoy the constructive (or more likely "destructive") criticism, but as far as Despina's concerned her big sister just has a low taste in limericks...   :rolleyes
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, she's going to get on so well with Witt.

Dekari

I see that this OCC thread now says open.  Would I be correct in assuming that means "open to new players"?

I've been really tempted to jump into one of these and flex my RP powers.....or at last what meager amount of them remains :P.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Feel free. Do bear note that it helps to talk to the people you're planning on RPing with - in HC, that means the folks playing the char you're about to pick a fight with - offline, as well as simply posting activity.

For example, I've been waiting a couple days to talk to Spots about some of the stuff I have planned, to check that he's happy with those moves; in some cases, I've adjusted what I'm planning to better fit with what he's planning, so that both of us have a better time, and find it easier to post, without painting each other into a corner.

You're welcome to play otherwise, of course - this is merely a suggestion...

Dekari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2009, 07:12:43 PM
Feel free. Do bear note that it helps to talk to the people you're planning on RPing with - in HC, that means the folks playing the char you're about to pick a fight with - offline, as well as simply posting activity.

For example, I've been waiting a couple days to talk to Spots about some of the stuff I have planned, to check that he's happy with those moves; in some cases, I've adjusted what I'm planning to better fit with what he's planning, so that both of us have a better time, and find it easier to post, without painting each other into a corner.

You're welcome to play otherwise, of course - this is merely a suggestion...

I'm just worried about having to reading through 47 pages to see what all is going on ><
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Dekari on September 18, 2009, 08:45:25 PM
I'm just worried about having to reading through 47 pages to see what all is going on ><
Oh no, this isn't like RPs; there's no real story here. People walk into the Inn, have fights, and either vanish or walk out when the players get bored. No stories or plots except what contestants make between each other. It really is a "jump in at any time" thing.

Stygian

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 18, 2009, 09:55:38 PM
Oh no, this isn't like RPs; there's no real story here. People walk into the Inn, have fights, and either vanish or walk out when the players get bored. No stories or plots except what contestants make between each other. It really is a "jump in at any time" thing.

/whistles and sidles off panel...

techmaster-glitch

And you are exactly who I was thinking of when I said "except what contestants make between themselves" :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 18, 2009, 09:55:38 PM

Start at the most recent bit, and read back until you get bored. You really don't need more than the last couple of pages at most. Maybe three, but only for the slower-moving sets, like mine...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Incidentally, before anyone gets upset on their behalf, I wish to point out that the current activity in the bar is not in the REAL bar, but in a copy of the bar in the circle. Copy of the bar, copy of the denizens.

Hence, any activity ascribed to one of the PCs is all inside Witt's head, albeit visible to those outside. And I asked the owners before posting, too. However... as a result of this, none of the owners should feel obliged to post anything relating to the activity inside the circle with their characters; if, on the other hand, they wish to oblige in adding to the chaos, their efforts will be welcome.

In other words - BAR BRAWL! ;-]

Dekari

Ah crap....I think I beat Keaton in the overdoing it department  :sweatdrop

Let me know if there is anything I should change or if this would even be "legal".

Name:  Dekari
Nickname(s):  None that he knows of.
Species:  Genetic engineered Wolf Cubi/Dragon/Mythos hybrid
Family and Association(s):  Dekari is (at least in part) one of the last 6 members of the Faolchú Dorcha Clan along side Azshanas, Nuadha, Crystal, Karla, and Keith.
Place of Origin: Dekari was created at the H-Ann Confederacies Science and Weapons Development Facility (alternate universal timeline Furrea), however where he now calls home is somewhere in the Forbidden Realms (DMFA universe).

Physical Description:

For the benefit of keeping this simple, I'm going to attempt to restrict Dekari to his Being form only (as that is the form he feels most comfortable presenting himself to others at).
Reference pic done by Rhyfe
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs
Build:  Thin/Athletic
Eyes:  Blue
Hair: Dark Blond with silver streaks
Fur Coloration:  White.
Distinguishing features: None.  For the most part, he looks rather ordinary.  The kind of person you would glance over and not give a second thought.

Dueling Info:

Strengths:

Seeing as Dekari is a genetic hybrid of Cubi, Dragon, and Mythos, he was designed to have all the "fabled" strengths and powers of all three races but none of the weaknesses.  However many of those powers were unknown to his creators.  Trained in the use of every form of weapon, military tactics, torture, interrogation, infiltration, and espionage from the moment he could hold a gun, Dekari should be, in theory, the ultimate Black Ops soldier.

Abilities:

Cubi Abilities:

Astral Presence:  As per Faolchú Dorcha training and trials, Dekari has re-achieved the Judicator level.  At this level a Faolchú Dorcha Cubi sees their physical body as nothing more than an anchor to the physical plain, a necessary tool needed to interact with others, so to speak.  However, they take great pride in keeping their physical body healthy and alive even though they are a clan that was specifically created to be warriors and protectors.   If a Faolchú Dorchas body dies or is destroyed, they become cut off from interacting the physical realm until they decide to "pass on".
A Faolchú Dorcha also has the ability to bring their astral presence to the physical realm in the form of a "guardian spirit".  But when doing so their physical body goes into a comatose state.  When doing this, most Faolchú Dorcha will seal their physical body in a protective barrier of some form.  Dekari, on the other hand, prefers to encase himself within his astral presence, warring it as a sort of oversized suit of armor.  But by doing this, all damage taken by his astral presence is directly transferred to his physical body.  This method also limits the amount of time Dekari can sustain his astral presence in the physical realm due to the amount of stress it puts on his body and mind.  He is only able bring his astral presence to the physical realm for seven minutes.

Shapeshifting:  Standard Cubi shapeshifting abilities, nothing special.

Passive mind reading:  All Faolchú Dorcha Cubi have incredible mind reading abilities.  To a Faolchú Dorcha Cubi, an unshielded mind is like an open book.  Shielded minds however, take a little more effort to see into.   Though Dekari normally uses this ability if someone has information he needs.  However he has a bad habit of "playing" with people he finds to be interesting.

Dragon Abilities:

Transmute mastery:  The Dragon genetic material that was used in Dekari's creation was that of the Twilight Dragons.  The Twilight Dragons were capable of changing any object into practically anything they desire.  To do this they needed to only tap the latent arcane forces around them and use their own blood as a catalyst.  Dekari also uses this ability to "fix" his body when injured.  However as it take a lot of concentration to use this ability for healing, it is not something he can do on the fly.

Hidden Strength:  Due to the fact that Dekari is part Dragon, he is quite a lot stronger than he looks.

Mythos Abilities:

Magic Affinity:  Through his Mythos genetic makup, Dekari is able to tap into a wide range of magics and energies.

Weaknesses:

Shadow/Void Corruption:  Dekari main vulnerability is shadow magic and void energy.  Not only can they do a large amount of damage to his physical body and Astral Presence (if it is in the physical realm), but his body also absorbs them on contact.  If Dekari doesn't purge his body of those energies, they will build up and start to affect his already unstable genetic structure.  No one but Dekari knows what happens when he absorbs too much shadow magic or void energy and it is not a subject he likes to talk about or wants to experience again.

Chemical Dependency:  Do to reasons that are too lengthy to get into in this bio.  Dekari has a severe chemical dependency on adrenalin. (don't know how much of a weakness this is, but I felt I had to put more here)

Weapons (of choice):

Desert Eagle .50 AE:  Standard Desert Eagle handgun.  Ammunition of choice:  .50 cal. hollow point (good for making a statement)

Twin Rune etched Kodachi:  The runes enable the blades of these weapons to never dull and be nearly indestructible.

History:  In Dekari's words, "People tend to die when get to know too much about me.  So, the less others know about me, the more likely they are to live after meeting me.  I already have more than enough lives I need to wash my hands of."

Edit: Added reference picture for those who want to have an idea of what Dekari looks like.  However the outfit has already been described in the RP thread.
Edit 2:  Reworded/adjusted an ability.  Planing to give a bit of history when I have the time to actually get something written down.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Everything is "legal"

The question you have to ask yourself is... what would be anyone else's interest in playing with my character?

Arroyo Milori

((allow me to join the fray : 3 ))

Name: Citrine Stone
Nickname(s): N/A
Species: Mountain Candus
Family and Association(s):
Place of Origin: She comes from a small island village in the southern part of the candus isles, who laters becomes a citizen of Zephyr and starts to travel the world for strong fighters to challenge.

Physical Description: http://arroyo-river.deviantart.com/art/A-Fighter-s-Grace-122087778

Dueling info : Citrine practiced atleast 3 different fighting styles (polearms, a bit of Kung fu, and Muay Thai.) She also knows her family's secret technique (the ability to manifest mana into physical power), which she refuses to use unless in a dire situation.
Personality: Citrine can be very cold to others most of the time and shuns those who can't live up to their potential that she sees in them. Its extremely rare to see her soft side than this tough side that everyone sees.  She can also be very strict too!

History: She grew up in a family who had a long history of strong fighters. However her family started to fall apart when her brother Cadell abandoned their small island after not being able to live up to their father's very high expectations. From that day forth, Citrine secretly trained by herself in the fighting arts when Cadell left her with a broken heart. But after 2 years from that incident, Citrine moved to the city known as Zephyr where she gained friends and some rivals over time as she continued to train herself to be a stronger fighter in search for Cadell's respect near the end of her training.

techmaster-glitch

Alright. I've gone and updated the Character Index, to include the new additions since Yugo and the status of other players.

Arroyo, what race is Citrine? Being, or a type of Creatures? Or is she not even from the DMFA-verse? You should probably specify.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 26, 2009, 08:57:29 PM
Alright. I've gone and updated the Character Index, to include the new additions since Yugo and the status of other players.

Arroyo, what race is Citrine? Being, or a type of Creatures? Or is she not even from the DMFA-verse? You should probably specify.
Candus are dog-like creatures that aren't really canine, and there's three different types of them: arctic, Mountain and Common (known as mutt) and no she's not from the DMFA universe.

Dekari

Dang, took me long enough to make my entrance.  Sorry, I hope to not get distracted again now that I'm actually in the bar  :B.

Arroyo Milori

Ehhh Dakari, you do know that Autoing any character that isn't yours is against the rules right? Along with breaking a rule with how the Ring works as well...I'm gonna have to ask you to edit your post. : <

Dekari

Oh, sorry.  I'll delete it and rewrite.  Or at least take out that last half....I thought I read that we could "adjust" the ring, or are you the only one who can in this fight as you are the one who got challenged and therefor are the one who set the rules?

Dang, this is getting more complicated than I thought it would be  :erk

llearch n'n'daCorna

As I understand it, the challenger sets the who. The challenged sets the where and the how. I believe Boogey posted that in the first couple of pages.

Incidentally, Arroyo, I find it interesting that you're objecting to Dekari's attacks... when you had all your attacks hit him, without him having a change to react... Generally speaking, that's considered autoing as well. *cough*

Not that I'm trying to criticise, of course. Merely trying to help even the playing field...

Dekari

Um, Arroyo, I'm slightly confused with your recent IC post.  "and goes head on to the silhouette"  The silhouette just exploded.  "dodging the larger rocks but letting the small rocks graze her fur"  the explosive I listed has a blast velocity of about 8,000 m/s.  And with amount I listed, the concussion would be enough to rupture organs at close range(however we can say you are out of the "death zone" in your current position)....and you are running at it?  Even Dekari is going to receive damage from this move.

Arroyo Milori

Actually I fixed the post when you were posting. ._.;

She waited while dodging the rock then went after Dakari after the rocks stopped flying.

Dekari

And here I thought I wrote it clearly enough to say that the 80 pounds of RDX was in the silhouette and that is what caused it to explode, not that the RDX was spread throughout the shards that resulted from the explosion.  I also thought that I made it even more clear in my after post here in the OOC thread.

But, if you are going to reinterpret and alter what I write, then I guess we are done.  I'll be bowing out of our match with my next IC post.  Have fun with the rest of the game.

Edit:  I'm a jerk and I realize that now, I'm sorry everyone. :footinmouth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dekari, while I'm not about to say you're not allowed to do what you're doing, have you considered all the results of your actions?

I mean, here you are throwing your toys out of your playpen, taking your ball, and going home, because Arroyo won't play the way you want him to. How do you expect the rest of the players to take that? Are they more likely to play with you, or less?

Don't get me wrong - I don't think either of you has been covering yourself with glory, here. But you still have to play with others in order to learn to RP better; I know I certainly do. And if you don't make this fun for both parties, then nobody is going to take you up on it when you offer to fight.

And that, there, would be a shame.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Dekari on October 08, 2009, 01:54:48 PM
And here I thought I wrote it clearly enough to say that the 80 pounds of RDX was in the silhouette and that is what caused it to explode, not that the RDX was spread throughout the shards that resulted from the explosion.  I also thought that I made it even more clear in my after post here in the OOC thread.

But, if you are going to reinterpret and alter what I write, then I guess we are done.  I'll be bowing out of our match with my next IC post.  Have fun with the rest of the game.
It was late last night and I was being hounded to get off the computer. The next following day(which was this morning) I reread what I posted and made some corrections. I couldn't fully comprehend what you wrote while I was fighting fatigue and trying to argue back while I was trying to finish the post.

I'm sorry it's giving you a hard time but I was trying to squeeze in the post before going to bed that night instead of you waiting a whole School day for me to get back to the rp post. : <

Dekari

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 08, 2009, 03:58:53 PM
Dekari, while I'm not about to say you're not allowed to do what you're doing, have you considered all the results of your actions?

I mean, here you are throwing your toys out of your playpen, taking your ball, and going home, because Arroyo won't play the way you want him to. How do you expect the rest of the players to take that? Are they more likely to play with you, or less?

Don't get me wrong - I don't think either of you has been covering yourself with glory, here. But you still have to play with others in order to learn to RP better; I know I certainly do. And if you don't make this fun for both parties, then nobody is going to take you up on it when you offer to fight.

And that, there, would be a shame.

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on October 08, 2009, 04:02:26 PM
Quote from: Dekari on October 08, 2009, 01:54:48 PM
And here I thought I wrote it clearly enough to say that the 80 pounds of RDX was in the silhouette and that is what caused it to explode, not that the RDX was spread throughout the shards that resulted from the explosion.  I also thought that I made it even more clear in my after post here in the OOC thread.

But, if you are going to reinterpret and alter what I write, then I guess we are done.  I'll be bowing out of our match with my next IC post.  Have fun with the rest of the game.
It was late last night and I was being hounded to get off the computer. The next following day(which was this morning) I reread what I posted and made some corrections. I couldn't fully comprehend what you wrote while I was fighting fatigue and trying to argue back while I was trying to finish the post.

Ok, I guess I did go rather far other the top.  I am sorry for this.  Maybe I am getting a little too carried away.

Arroyo, I have not read your post if you have changed anything since I posted my hasty reaction and I have little time before having to run out the door again.  Really the only issue I had is how, with out any explanation, your character managed to go unharmed from the near by explosion?  Eh, nevermind, we will move on.

And again, I realize that I blew things way out of proportion.  I'm sorry.

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on October 08, 2009, 04:02:26 PM
I'm sorry it's giving you a hard time but I was trying to squeeze in the post before going to bed that night instead of you waiting a whole School day for me to get back to the rp post. : <

Don't be sorry, real life is important.  Take all the time you need.

Lisky

Name: Edaric Ahnasazi (Clan)

Family and affiliates: (Father) Sa' Mar, (Mother) Gianna

Species/Race: Leopard/Cubi

Physical Description: Standing at a rather tall 6', Edaric is thin, lithe, athletic, and appears well muscled.  He has a longer than usual tail that were it to fall limp, would drag across the ground. His fur is creme/orange for primary coat with a slightly off-white almost silver undercoat running across his mid chest, belly, the inside of his legs, and around the inside third of his tail. He is  speckled with black spots all over.  He wears his cephalic hair in a bit of a mess, although kept out of his eyes.  The hair is of a more coppery brownish/blond, than the rest of his body fur.  He has blue eyes, a rather massive 18 foot wingspan, and his clan mark is bright red, on his mid left pectoral, it appears to be a snake crawling up a scythe.  His clothing consists of a black cloak, and a lightweight outfit consisting of a from fitting cotton shirt, and a pair of baggy fitting pants (this is his primary clothing).  His only other belongings appear to be a small bag of coins, a water bladder, and a small cloth sack full of some type of jerky... what the dried meat is from is anyone's guess... but it is quite tasty for a snack...

Personality:  Being a cubi, Ed is usually able to play into people expectations, furthermore being a rogue, he's more or less a pathological liar with enough charisma to get away with most casual bluffs.  When he is telling the truth, it's very difficult to gauge, as he's hidden his tells well.  Somewhat aloof, he appears rather casual in his appearance and swagger, and although that's his natural way of acting, those who know him have a tough time telling act for true self. He has a horrible case of wanderlust, and his relationship decisions seem more made out of whimsy than any other way.

History: Nothing traumatic in his childhood, he grew up as a normal child, until his father told him the total truth and sent him off to a 'proper' school.  Spending close to 500 years at SAIA, Edaric has learned many shapeshifting techniques, along with have a true mastery of the use of his wings.  Being able to appear as anyone is an exceedingly useful ability for a thief, and the fact that he can manipulate his wings with at least as great of skill as many thieves can there hands makes him a rather interesting character to try and stop when he truly wants something.  Besides many expected techniques, he also learned to use his wings for combat.  Outside of SAIA he has adapted to the post educational world well, though finds himself in near constant search of adventure and excitement.

Combat Abilities: Wings can form long and dangerous tentacles, reaching further than his actual wings, the number of tentacles depends on the distance to his opponent, the further the distance, the fewer the attacks.  At medium and close range this allow him to attack from many directions at once, at fairly long range (100 feet) he can send but a pair of tendrils after a target.

Above and Beyond his physical abilities, Ed has a bit of knack for shadow based magic both in creating illusions, and forging weapons.  He himself carries no weapons, as he can form them through shapeshifting or shadow magic almost as fast as drawing a carried weapon.  This lack of weight allows him to be an exceedingly agile opponent, and very dangerous if you fall into his range.  He prefers forming small bolts of pure darkness which, upon contact either pierce or explode, though has been seen forming spears and swords as well.  However, Ed's preference for combat appears to be his winged tentacles and shapeshifting his hands into claws.

He is a rather stealthy fellow, making little noise while walking or moving.  His lack of shoes, or any real gear for that matter, means the only noise you might hear is his breathing.  His shapeshifting abilities allow him to change both his, and his clothing's color almost on whim, allowing him to visually blend into many environments.

Other abilities of note: Lock Picking, Slight of Hand, Pick Pocketing, Minor telekinesis (less than 10 pounds of force), detect magic, (natural ability) Thought Reading, mind shield, Shape-Shifting (becoming someone else completely), shadow magic, wings can form tools... allowing him again to lower the weight he has to carry.  Emotional affinities for confusion and pain.  His shapeshifting abilities go above and beyond just appearing as other people, given proper time and concentration, while standing still Ed can appear as inanimate objects as well, though the concentration required to perform such acts is exceedingly taxing and can only be maintained for a very limited amount of time (around 10 minutes, give or take a few additional minutes depending on the complexity of the object).

Weaknesses: He carries no physical weapons, meaning he relies entirely on what he can do with magic and his wings.  Ed's muscles (IE NOT HIS WINGS) are about as strong as a being of comparable size.  He has a tendency to be downright malicious when it comes to fighting, as such, he has no problems getting an opponent into an unstable state... this can be both an advantage and a weakness, as it depends on the reaction he elicits.

Trivia: Although somewhat deceptive, he is usually fairly good natured... Much like anyone Edaric has some personality quirks

At one point after leaving SAIA, Edaric crashed a duke's party disguised as the duke's brother... he managed to bluff his way into staying.  When the duke's brother actually did show up, he merely changed his appearance to that of other party goers and continued to enjoyed the evening with no one being the wiser.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Arroyo Milori

Just another Bio, I can somehow tie it in on how he ends up there.

Name: Arroyo Milori

Nickname(s): River Blues, 'Royo

Species: Lion Being

Family and Association(s):
*unknown*

Place of Origin:
Zephyr City, also known as a "very far off city" in HC.

Physical Description:
clickclick
Dueling info (combat strengths, weaknesses, weaponry, etc.)
Aquaknesis:
The Ability to manipulate Water. Arroyo uses motions of his body to control water. Not only can he control water but steam and mists as well, along with turning it back to liquid or gas form. But the more water he has, the more intensity and strength his attacks will become.

Hemoknesis:
The manipulation of Blood. Much like Aquaknesis except his blood can harden itself and turn into liquid, and vice versa.  Most of the time, he lets his blood ether: a)bend its way out of a tear in his skin and b)force the blood out of his skin (which causes pain.) Knowing that his blood can harden, it works well as armor for most attacks but even that "armor" has weak spots.

Swordsmanship:
Arroyo wields an odd sword, a very felixble sword known as a Snake sword which also has an alternate form that looks like a chainsaw sword hybrid.

Copycat:
Not really a skill but sometimes Arroyo's eyes can observe other moves real closely if he pays attention and can mimic the move, though not in a mastered form unless he uses that copied move repetitively.

Personality:
Arroyo can be very egotistic at certain times and somewhat mellow. He is most of the time full of energy and somewhat rational. He is not fond of violence but that doesn't stop him from defending himself (and others) when needed.

History:
Arroyo was born in a small town in the prairie, but then moved to Zephyr city when he was 8. His skills developed with him as he aged, mostly on his free time he practiced his skills little by little, and made great progress. By the time he graduated college at age 21, he went off to a far land, in search of his father who was missing throughout his whole life in Zephyr and then later on joins the IV league to help continue his search. His search lead him to the HC along to Citrine, an old friend.

techmaster-glitch

Updated Character Index again to include Basilik and Arryo's new characters.