2015/09/12 [TAC 02-10] - Outliving the Statute of Limitations

Started by Eboreg, September 12, 2015, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Illiath has the right idea here. As a 'Cubi and experienced adventurer, he could evade the po-po long enough for the kingdom to forget about this little incident. It's especially a good idea if he is uncomfortable with the idea of killing people.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on September 12, 2015, 07:10:02 PM
Illiath has the right idea here. As a 'Cubi and experienced adventurer, he could evade the po-po long enough for the kingdom to forget about this little incident. It's especially a good idea if he is uncomfortable with the idea of killing people.

Maybe the armour isn't helping the chest, but Illiath is actually a 'she'...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 13, 2015, 05:35:53 AM
Maybe the armour isn't helping the chest, but Illiath is actually a 'she'...

:erk Um, well, she is quite the tomboy then.
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on September 13, 2015, 06:41:23 AM
:erk Um, well, she is quite the tomboy then.

Consider that her clan leader is Taun.  Given that she was a warrior I don't see her deciding that only guys should be allowed to fight.
Indeed, for the most part Furrae doesn't seem to have much sexism, at least when it comes to the whole warrior thing.  If you're good enough
at killing people, most people don't seem to care if you're a guy or a girl.  For example, Glory the paladin... Kria Soulstealer, or Wildy for that matter.

Matilda is the obvious counter-example, though she came from a very different culture.
While I threw in a little casual sexism it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue in Furrae, probably because they're too preoccupied with racism.
http://projectfuturecomic.com/axeman.php?strip=01-10

Merlin

llearch n'n'daCorna

t'other issue is that plate armour covers a multitude of sins. You don't want it to be curved, inasmuch as possible, as that gives surface area for spiky things to catch on and make a nice hole, including in the important contents.

So it makes sense that her armour isn't protuding like you'd think. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 14, 2015, 04:52:24 AM
t'other issue is that plate armour covers a multitude of sins. You don't want it to be curved, inasmuch as possible, as that gives surface area for spiky things to catch on and make a nice hole, including in the important contents.

So it makes sense that her armour isn't protuding like you'd think. ;-]

That and I don't see the Taun succubi as being particularly voluptious.  A lot of 'cubi are going to want to flaunt or have Fa'lina-like girls, but since Taun clan is very preoccupied with battle, it strikes me they're likely to be rather less feminine-looking.

Eboreg

... and the latest comic from Amber shows that that is not necessarily a conscious decision on her part.

Raskahn

Quote from: Eboreg on September 19, 2015, 06:09:08 PM
... and the latest comic from Amber shows that that is not necessarily a conscious decision on her part.

That makes me curious to what "scary Yak" would look like with being what? 1000+ years old.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 19, 2015, 07:34:28 PM
That makes me curious to what "scary Yak" would look like with being what? 1000+ years old.

I would say that Daryil members normally go for the idealised/pretty mutations.  Jakob, for instance is actually somewhat vain and cares about his appearance. 
While the clan's affinities are nominally fear and wonder, they seem to behave a bit more like a lust clan to the point at which I'm wondering whether it should be retconned to lust and fear.

As for Jakob, he didn't really do much of the fear thing until he was about 500, and it's always a Kria-like fear of his reputation and actions which he's used, rather than the kind of grotesqueness favoured by Kish'Ta's clan.

Eboreg

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2015, 07:47:14 PM
As for Jakob, he didn't really do much of the fear thing until he was about 500, and it's always a Kria-like fear of his reputation and actions which he's used, rather than the kind of grotesqueness favoured by Kish'Ta's clan.

So, his version of fear is more based on "Scheming Genius" than on "Eldritch Abomination"? Though, honestly, a retcon in favor of fear and lust instead of fear and wonder would definitely would make sense and not cause any plot problems. Daryil's wonder affinity just never came up in-comic and the old stories ... well ... they are only marginally canon now.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on September 19, 2015, 09:51:24 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2015, 07:47:14 PM

So, his version of fear is more based on "Scheming Genius" than on "Eldritch Abomination"? Though, honestly, a retcon in favor of fear and lust instead of fear and wonder would definitely would make sense and not cause any plot problems. Daryil's wonder affinity just never came up in-comic and the old stories ... well ... they are only marginally canon now.

I always thought the "wonder" bit referred to his unpredictability. Remember this?

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on September 20, 2015, 12:38:21 AM
I always thought the "wonder" bit referred to his unpredictability. Remember this?

That is true, but it seems to be a trait largely peculiar to Daryil himself rather than the rest of his clan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: CubiKitsune on September 20, 2015, 12:38:21 AM

I probably said it at the time, but that is a very large onion...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eboreg

Now that I think about it, fear and wonder seems to tie in very nicely to the "mad scientist" schtick. Fear and lust are more along the lines of traditional vampires (not those modern sparkly wannabes) sexy, but that's what makes them so deadly.

Gelpi

>I always thought the "wonder" bit referred to his unpredictability. Remember this?<

I always thought Clan Daryil's affinity was "shenanigans".