Epsilon concept art (feedback would be nice)

Started by Tapewolf, May 17, 2014, 11:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

While there are a couple of pages of the prologue left, we will shortly start producing the main story.
As part of this there are a few characters which needed fleshing out, in particular, Professor Jevex.

Merlin has drawn some concept art, but I'm a bit torn as to how she should be clothed.  So, I've put together a few renditions and I'd be interested to see what people think.

Obviously it's the same art on all the sites, but there are several to choose from:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13482898/
https://www.weasyl.com/submission/607643/professor-jevex-concept-art
http://tapewolf.deviantart.com/art/Professor-Jevex-concept-art-454657261

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

I like both the black sleeves and the blue gloves. I don't care much for the green and yellow accessories, but I'm kind of biased toward color... uh, synchronization?

I wouldn't go with the plain black gloves. I mean, you've already got Daryil, Simeon, and Richard wearing them--mix it up a little!

Tapewolf

Yeah, I am gravitating towards the sleeves, though I didn't really like how they turned out.  But the gloves I am probably overusing as a theme anyway.
I might go with blue sleeves.

EDIT: Also, the green and yellow accessories were Sofox' suggestion.  I wasn't convinced but he seemed to like them.

justacritic

Blue and green seem better on the eyes, though depending on personality that might not be the effect you're looking for. Plus I rather like the sleeves.

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on May 17, 2014, 02:35:49 PM
Blue and green seem better on the eyes, though depending on personality that might not be the effect you're looking for. Plus I rather like the sleeves.

Well, the consensus so far seems to be to go with the sleeves, but everyone seems to have a complete different idea as to the colour scheme to use :3

Personality-wise, she teaches things like the "So you've become a 'Cubi..."-type classes.  So she has a fairly mellow attitude.  But she is still a succubus, and I'm using my usual trick of shinies to try and push that angle a little.

Aurik Marr

Might sound weird but I was thinking maybe one sleeve could have some attached feathers for ornamentation. (I know thats not really an option you offered, but it works well in my head so I put it out there.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurik Marr on May 22, 2014, 05:05:22 AM
Might sound weird but I was thinking maybe one sleeve could have some attached feathers for ornamentation. (I know thats not really an option you offered, but it works well in my head so I put it out there.)

It's a bit late for that, sadly, Merlin has just delivered the lines.  There's still about two weeks before they're run, so I guess there's still time to try it out, but given how many 'Cubi are appearing in the classroom there's probably too many feathers already :P

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 22, 2014, 11:22:17 AM
It's a bit late for that, sadly, Merlin has just delivered the lines.  There's still about two weeks before they're run, so I guess there's still time to try it out, but given how many 'Cubi are appearing in the classroom there's probably too many feathers already :P

Too many feathers?! I'll tell you when we've got too many feathers

:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

They're still attached, though, Merlin. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears