Fallout: Rise of the Wasteland (RP intrest thread/Characters SETTING UP)

Started by Shax, May 09, 2014, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shax

Ok, this has been on my mind for awhile and I have had no time to type this up. But lately, I have been craving for a Fallout style RP based in the world of Furrae. To me this would be an interesting concept, plus, unlike the wastelands of the Fallout games, this one would be much more dangerous as some of the Raiders, slavers, or mutants can be either a Being, or a Creature (Demons, Angels, Cubi, etc.)

This RP is not yet set up but I started this thread as a way to see who would have any interest in it and if its worth setting up at all in the first place before I waste any effort. If enough people are interested in this, well then, I will be all for it.

Now, I'm debating weather it be a regular RP or have one where people can level up by killing NPC enemies and gaining XP to get stronger, or earn perks from the game series to help them survive the harsh wastelands. This thread will also list each perk and the characters levels as well as stats as we go one if that route is taken.

So what do you all think? Anybody interested in such a roleplay? Or should I give up on this little pipe dream?

VAE

Well , guess who here is a fan of Fallout, Fallout II and most recently the fan-made Fallout:Ressurection.

If there's other people interested, I might be.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Tapewolf

I am rather more keen on the story-style RPs than a full-blooded RPG with stats and suchlike, but it is an interesting idea.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Well, granted, trying to implement full-fledged mechanics in a *forum thread* is generally a recipe for failure so I guess concurring with Tape here.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Shax

Alright, no RPG system then.

If we can get 1 or 2 more people interested I will start working on the plot and get character sheets setup