2014/04/03 [PF #309] - Back in Black

Started by ZacAttac21, April 03, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Tired of all the black, eh Tape? Go for the stormtrooper look! :trooper

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 03, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Rendering the shiny is a lot more labour-intensive on the black armour for some reason...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2014, 04:54:40 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on April 03, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Rendering the shiny is a lot more labour-intensive on the black armour for some reason...
Well considering the alloy is suppose to be that color naturally, one might think that Fendrick possibly paint a color scheme he would think appropriate or he likes. Consider he dresses in Greys, changing the armor to a Grey palate might make sense.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 03, 2014, 05:42:23 PM
Well considering the alloy is suppose to be that color naturally, one might think that Fendrick possibly paint a color scheme he would think appropriate or he likes. Consider he dresses in Greys, changing the armor to a Grey palate might make sense.

I think the problem is actually that the black armour is made up of lots of little fiddly bits, and the grey armour has fewer, larger parts.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 03, 2014, 05:52:13 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on April 03, 2014, 05:42:23 PM

I think the problem is actually that the black armour is made up of lots of little fiddly bits, and the grey armour has fewer, larger parts.
That is a different problem.

Considering this is suppose to be an upgrade, it makes sense the armor would be an improvement to. Though considering Fedricks raiding Jakobs stuff, I wonder if that really applies to this armor or if Fendrick just had it designed to impress.

Edit: Looking back at the old armor, it appeared to be built for stealth and maneuverability. This stuff seems to be making the statement of not to mess with them.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on April 03, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
Considering this is suppose to be an upgrade, it makes sense the armor would be an improvement to. Though considering Fedricks raiding Jakobs stuff, I wonder if that really applies to this armor or if Fendrick just had it designed to impress.
Edit: Looking back at the old armor, it appeared to be built for stealth and maneuverability. This stuff seems to be making the statement of not to mess with them.

Yeah, the old stuff has fewer joints in it which says to me that it's at least partly flexible.  Possibly some kind of smart material.  Whereas the Blackmetal armour is rigid and needs actual joints and such where it is going to bend.