2014/2/24 [Matilda #51] Communication Breakdown

Started by Lorien077, February 24, 2014, 02:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

Its a good thing Strype seems the patient type, as well as durable.  Wonder how long it'll take before the language barrier is overcome.

Also the lizard in the bottom panel on Cooper's shoulder is perfect. 
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Hariman

Ah, clearly Matilda's people know the "Pip" method of greeting and persuasion, likely without meeting Pip at all. ;D

Also, I laughed. Out loud.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

HaDDea

Demont

Geez Matilda, you meet someone new and your first move is to attack?

tehbeefer

For the curious, the text reads as follows:
       Panel 1-"Hello."
       Panel 2-"it.  is.  alright.    Safe.    we mean you no harm."
       Panel 3-"I think she likes you!"

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

It's always the same! Having another breakdown might drive me insane! :kirby

*cough* Anyway, I think she just wants to see what fur feels like! :P

Drakkenmensch

Awwwwwww! She's attacking just like a kitten who thinks that he's big and strong!

HoneyBadger

I had just finished reading the comic entry and I'm thinking "Wow, is that how female Cobra-taurs attack?  WOW! XD "

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: tehbeefer on February 24, 2014, 02:56:46 AM
For the curious, the text reads as follows:
       Panel 1-"Hello."
       Panel 2-"it.  is.  alright.    Safe.    we mean you no harm."
       Panel 3-"I think she likes you!"

Thanks. Those of us on linux, or who have recently moved to macOS and don't know where to find the translation devices appreciate the help you've provided. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Grey Wolf

Huh. I would have thought Matilda would have been more of a threat if she wanted to be. Unless she's trying to establish dominance rather than kill?

Though I suppose I might not be being fair... She's running on fumes and Strype is an adventurer.

*Snrk* But yeah, good thing these guys are nice!
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Riddle78

I think Matilda's hungry. Just a thought... I mean,she didn't even kill it,first!

Honestly? I think Matilda isn't all there,at the moment. Sleep deprivation,physical exhaustion,and what is most likely starvation and dehydration are catching up to our favourite Cobra-Taur. Throw in stress and fear,and you have the least rational person you could ever hope to see. I know it's been stated already,but,DAMN she's lucky these people are like they are.

Tuyu

"Oh, look, she's wagging her tail. That means she wants to be friends, right?" :D

Is it just me, or does Matilda seem smaller than we're used to seeing her?

Guess at this point she's not yet full-grown.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't know that "breakdown" is quite accurate. Ma~ is communicating just fine... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcblade

Strype's expression in the last panel is glorious.  Love it.  ^__^

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Arcblade on February 25, 2014, 03:56:46 PM
Strype's expression in the last panel is glorious.  Love it.  ^__^

Bout the only good thing is that his traveling partner doesn't have a camera to record his Very Special Moment with Fluffy the Terrible (a.k.a. Furrae's newest citizen). ^.^

Tapewolf

Quote from: ArchTeryx on February 25, 2014, 04:48:20 PM
Bout the only good thing is that his traveling partner doesn't have a camera to record his Very Special Moment with Fluffy the Terrible (a.k.a. Furrae's newest citizen). ^.^

There are at least two others in the group, so we don't know that :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 25, 2014, 05:16:51 PM
Quote from: ArchTeryx on February 25, 2014, 04:48:20 PM

There are at least two others in the group, so we don't know that :3
Something tells me that an image like that would have been the inspiration of a whole slew of motivational posters in Furrae. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lorien077

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2014, 01:37:58 PM
I don't know that "breakdown" is quite accurate. Ma~ is communicating just fine... ;-]

*snerk*  I guess it'd be a more appropriate thread title if Strype was less resilient.

Its just a pity the two adventuring types don't speak Pipish!
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

HaDDea

Quote from: Lorien077 on February 25, 2014, 11:35:08 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2014, 01:37:58 PM

*snerk*  I guess it'd be a more appropriate thread title if Strype was less resilient.

Its just a pity the two adventuring types don't speak Pipish!

if he did, he'd be letting out a frustrated "kiiiiiiiii...." of long-suffering  :P