The Cubification Ritual

Started by ZacAttac21, February 18, 2014, 02:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Has Amber ever elaborated more on the cubification ritual than this page here: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1222.php ? Specifically, I'm wondering what exactly the ritual entails. Magic circle on the floor? Clan leader smacking the to-be-cubified with a stick? (Actually, I'm hoping she hasn't said anything, so I can take some...creative liberties with it.) ;)

I would ask her directly, but I've noticed she seems to respond to forum posts more than e-mails or pm's. :P

EDIT: Almost forgot an important part of my plan... Has she mentioned what age the child of the to-be-cubified has to be before the ritual can be performed? As in, does the child have to have their clan mark or their headwings (or both) for it to work, or does it not matter?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raxuno on February 18, 2014, 02:09:16 AM
I would ask her directly, but I've noticed she seems to respond to forum posts more than e-mails or pm's. :P

I suspect that this depends entirely on how annoying you are when you ask. More annoying == less responses. Just a thought.

EDIT: Almost forgot an important part of my plan... Has she mentioned what age the child of the to-be-cubified has to be before the ritual can be performed? As in, does the child have to have their clan mark or their headwings (or both) for it to work, or does it not matter?

I would suggest that the child has to have the mark, at the very least. After all, if there's no mark, then it's not a Cubi, even if it's the child of a Cubi and a Being.

She's said that (at least, I seem to recall that she's said; bear in mind this is me talking, not her, and hence I could well be wrong) Cubification is the same as moving clans; to whit, I'm thinking you need to have had a child with a Cubi before you can be inducted, as it were, and the child needs to be of the clan you're being inducted into.

Hence the mark and the wings are both an indicator that this is, indeed, a Cubi child, and not just a Being with wings...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 18, 2014, 08:50:48 AM

I suspect that this depends entirely on how annoying you are when you ask. More annoying == less responses. Just a thought.
Heh, I've only ever sent her one pm and one e-mail, and not at the same time either. Come to think of it, I don't even remember what they were about.

I would suggest that the child has to have the mark, at the very least. After all, if there's no mark, then it's not a Cubi, even if it's the child of a Cubi and a Being.

She's said that (at least, I seem to recall that she's said; bear in mind this is me talking, not her, and hence I could well be wrong) Cubification is the same as moving clans; to whit, I'm thinking you need to have had a child with a Cubi before you can be inducted, as it were, and the child needs to be of the clan you're being inducted into.

Hence the mark and the wings are both an indicator that this is, indeed, a Cubi child, and not just a Being with wings...
Makes sense. Still, I was under the impression that the child was still connected to the Leader even before they got their mark, although the connection wasn't nearly as strong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raxuno on February 18, 2014, 11:56:37 AM

Makes sense. Still, I was under the impression that the child was still connected to the Leader even before they got their mark, although the connection wasn't nearly as strong.

Connected, yes. Sufficient connection to bring someone else in over it? Probably not.

At least, that's how I understand it...

Lego3400

Dan's mark didn't appear until after his Cubi powers awoke since he never used magic. He was still a cubi.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 20, 2014, 09:36:55 AM
Dan's mark didn't appear until after his Cubi powers awoke since he never used magic. He was still a cubi.

Yeah.  I was under the impression it was more like a bloodline link than requiring the child to be a fully-realised 'Cubi, but I guess it's something Amber would have to settle.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

At this point in my disposition, I'm somewhat tired of answering any type of question so as far as I can care, the ritual involves seven bananas and a kumquat that has been carved to look like Mt. Rushmore.

So basically do whatever you guys feel like.  I don't expect there is going to be a point in DMFA proper where it's going to be detailed out so let your imaginations go wild because I'm tired of trying to explain things.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2014, 10:35:57 AM
At this point in my disposition, I'm somewhat tired of answering any type of question so as far as I can care, the ritual involves seven bananas and a kumquat that has been carved to look like Mt. Rushmore.

So basically do whatever you guys feel like.  I don't expect there is going to be a point in DMFA proper where it's going to be detailed out so let your imaginations go wild because I'm tired of trying to explain things.
Did I offend you? I'm sorry! :[

On the other hand, yay! My plan will work then! :3

Amber Williams

No.  You didn't offend me.  I'm mostly just tired.

To get a bit behind curtains, my grandfather has been hospitalized for the past couple of weeks.  He's been sort of on the "not expected to live past the year" watch for a bit, so it's not really a surprise.  But..it's just been something that has been chewing away at my mental stats for a bit.  And while normally when I'm in a usual stance I can sit down and think and write things a bit more elegant...right now words just aren't coming good to me and thoughts aren't doing much better either. Which only adds to me feeling frustrated with myself.  Because I do want to help and answer things...but I'm just not mentally all here right now.  There's also a few other stress-points going on, but I just feel bleh about bringing up personal stuff as an excuse for me being a prickle-butt.

So I'm probably coming across as rather snippy, which is also making me feel frustrated with myself.  But I'm not offended by peeps.  This situation is all me and has nothing to do with any individuals. I'm just not as mentally rounded as I would prefer.  I will get over it, and things will work out.  Just at the moment I'm...weh.  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

*hugs* Take some time, and get yourself mentally settled. We can wait.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2014, 01:16:27 PM
No.  You didn't offend me.  I'm mostly just tired.

To get a bit behind curtains, my grandfather has been hospitalized for the past couple of weeks.  He's been sort of on the "not expected to live past the year" watch for a bit, so it's not really a surprise.  But..it's just been something that has been chewing away at my mental stats for a bit.  And while normally when I'm in a usual stance I can sit down and think and write things a bit more elegant...right now words just aren't coming good to me and thoughts aren't doing much better either. Which only adds to me feeling frustrated with myself.  Because I do want to help and answer things...but I'm just not mentally all here right now.  There's also a few other stress-points going on, but I just feel bleh about bringing up personal stuff as an excuse for me being a prickle-butt.

So I'm probably coming across as rather snippy, which is also making me feel frustrated with myself.  But I'm not offended by peeps.  This situation is all me and has nothing to do with any individuals. I'm just not as mentally rounded as I would prefer.  I will get over it, and things will work out.  Just at the moment I'm...weh.  :<
I feel your pain. My brother passed away just out of nowhere less than a year ago--the first death in my family I've ever experienced. I never even had a chance to say "goodbye"...

Muse

I know what you're going through, and it really is a drain on the mind. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Hariman

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 20, 2014, 01:16:27 PM
No.  You didn't offend me.  I'm mostly just tired.

To get a bit behind curtains, my grandfather has been hospitalized for the past couple of weeks.  He's been sort of on the "not expected to live past the year" watch for a bit, so it's not really a surprise.  But..it's just been something that has been chewing away at my mental stats for a bit.  And while normally when I'm in a usual stance I can sit down and think and write things a bit more elegant...right now words just aren't coming good to me and thoughts aren't doing much better either. Which only adds to me feeling frustrated with myself.  Because I do want to help and answer things...but I'm just not mentally all here right now.  There's also a few other stress-points going on, but I just feel bleh about bringing up personal stuff as an excuse for me being a prickle-butt.

So I'm probably coming across as rather snippy, which is also making me feel frustrated with myself.  But I'm not offended by peeps.  This situation is all me and has nothing to do with any individuals. I'm just not as mentally rounded as I would prefer.  I will get over it, and things will work out.  Just at the moment I'm...weh.  :<

You have my sympathy.

I went through a very similar situation with my Grandmother over the past six months, and it's hard.

I don't know what else I can say beyond the fact that you have my sympathy and understanding.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!