2013/12/13 [PF #293] - Um ... oops

Started by Eboreg, December 12, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Well, it looks like things are not going very well for these two. I doubt the dispel field has anything to do with the paranoia since they would have just put it by the fountain and stopped worrying about old men there. However, there is another thing that comes up with this and that is how the field works on both Dorcan and Salomere since the two are hiding their wings using somewhat different methods. (Dorcan is using an enchanted expansion card while Salomere is using her natural 'Cubi powers)

As a side note, I do wonder if Dorcan is going to do some Terminator-style fighting for this little incident.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Eboreg on December 12, 2013, 08:57:22 PM
Well, it looks like things are not going very well for these two. I doubt the dispel field has anything to do with the paranoia since they would have just put it by the fountain and stopped worrying about old men there. However, there is another thing that comes up with this and that is how the field works on both Dorcan and Salomere since the two are hiding their wings using somewhat different methods. (Dorcan is using an enchanted expansion card while Salomere is using her natural 'Cubi powers)
I would imagine cubi shapeshifting powers are magic-based.

Maybe their sticks release some sort of dispel magic when they're struck against something.

joshofspam

Hmmmmmm...Well Dorcan's magic cards are suppose to be experimental.

Could Dorcan be malfunctioning and having an effect on things magical around him?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eboreg on December 12, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

If you only targeted the shapeshifting ability, they would still be able to conceal themselves with a patch.  Better to hit both.

As for where the field is generated, it probably takes a while to have an effect.  Though why they're going after the fountain man when they have that kind of thing is another question.

QuoteAs a side note, I do wonder if Dorcan is going to do some Terminator-style fighting for this little incident.

Hopefully next year.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: joshofspam on December 13, 2013, 04:21:33 AM
Hmmmmmm...Well Dorcan's magic cards are suppose to be experimental.

Could Dorcan be malfunctioning and having an effect on things magical around him?
Hmm, I like that idea. Makes more sense than my idea...

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2013, 04:41:21 AM
As for where the field is generated, it probably takes a while to have an effect.  Though why they're going after the fountain man when they have that kind of thing is another question.
Exactly. If they did have a delayed-effect dispel around the fountain, they wouldn't need to beat the old man. Back to square one...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 05:15:24 AM
Exactly. If they did have a delayed-effect dispel around the fountain, they wouldn't need to beat the old man. Back to square one...

Just to make absolutely sure...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 13, 2013, 05:29:38 AM
Quote from: Raxuno on December 13, 2013, 05:15:24 AM

Just to make absolutely sure...

Paranoia never sleeps, never tires and makes sure a jobs done thoroughly. :rolleyes

I'm sure they'll go back to beating the old man once they take care of beating Dorcan and his mom. I'm guessing this is where Salomere lives now. Must have been something added while she was out.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ZacAttac21

Hmm, I'm not sure why, but suddenly I can't seem to get Buffalo Springfield out of my head...