2013/10/18 - [DMFA #1437] Wait so... Destina, and Aniz???

Started by thegayhare, October 18, 2013, 01:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Does Abel know?  Is that why she hates him cause he's not like his daddy? 

I think I'm gonna hide under the table too..

killpurakat

Hey, they WERE an item at one point. Just...not so much later.  :P

I think the best thing about today's strip is the "WTF?!?" look on Dan's face, obviously caused by that pesky thought-reading and learning who Aniz is... or rather, who Aniz is related to.

And now his little mental picture from this comic (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_813.php) is EXTRA creepy. Someone pass that boy more brain bleach!

Tapewolf

Quote from: killpurakat on October 18, 2013, 01:31:42 AM
I think the best thing about today's strip is the "WTF?!?" look on Dan's face, obviously caused by that pesky thought-reading and learning who Aniz is... or rather, who Aniz is related to.

I'd be a bit surprised if he was able to thought-read anyone in the room - they're almost certainly all shielded, and besides, he's recently learned that that's considered impolite.
I wonder if it's because of the things they're saying about Destania. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Techcubi

joshofspam

Heh, considering what that one representative just let out, I'm amazed a) That they found out about the marriage of Destania. b)They did a search confirming it.(That's another check to confirm people are who they say they are.) c) They found out enough to do this confirmation in the first place.

Maybe Destania isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Feather Dancer

Abel is quite aware about who killed Aniz. It was mentioned fairly recently when mecha bunny was doing some research on him that Ti'fiona's first wife post humorlessly got the kill and Abel shredded Ink when poked about Abel wanting him to be nicer towards Dan because of him being Ti'fiona's son.

He really doesn't want Dan to know that connection though.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Wdot

It's not that Destania's not smart, she is just outdone by Zuzzuva. I mean Zuzzuva is about 8,000 years older and sneakier than she is, I mean she's basically the head of the Cubi CIA, or KGB depending on your thoughts. This is just my best guess, Destania isn't on my nice list, but I won't have her thought of as unintelligent, crazy yes, evil yes. Genocide isn't on the side of good and pleasantness. Dan is probably hiding under the table to avoid talking about his mother. He has had his nose rubbed in it about how his mother is evil, doesn't care about him personally, and now wants to kill all the dragons. He loves Alexi and Alexi loves a dragon and he may be related to Abel. Yeah, I don't blame him for being under the table.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

MT Hazard

The Aniz topic :deadhorse (Well at least I got to use that Gif)

Until otherwise corrected by the artist I believe this sums it up.

Aniz
Ex lover of Destina (as covered in Abels story), left her after his clan was destroyed and she stopped him going to his death as well.

Aniz's children = Abel and (maybe, possibly) Devin

Aniz's current status = dead, killed by Quintinga Ti'Fiona.

You would though the clan leader of the pride clan would keep better track of a clan that may or may not be slowly rebuilding itself and the deranged psycho that is Aniz is, in fact, dead for sometime now.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tuyu

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 18, 2013, 11:13:27 AM
You would though the clan leader of the pride clan would keep better track of a clan that may or may not be slowly rebuilding itself and the deranged psycho that is Aniz is, in fact, dead for sometime now.
Unless this comic proves he's still alive...   D:

seikueon

Sorry if it's a dead horse, but where do we get the possibility of Devin?

joshofspam

The Aniz topic :deadhorse (Well at least I got to that Gif)

Until otherwise corrected by the artist I believe this sums it up.

Aniz
Ex lover of Destina (as covered in Abels story), left her after his clan was destroyed and she stopped him going to his death as well.

Aniz's current status = dead, killed by Quintinga Ti'Fiona.

That's why I think it's rather fascinated that we get further confirmation that Destania didn't completely disappear into obscurity like things seem to have indicated with her.

It first seemed like Destania completely dropped off the radar when it came to cubi affairs. But 3'd panel shows at least some clans were checking up in her affairs for some time after she left.

Of course the sticky point is why they needed to confirm it at all. Maybe an actual corpse was never recovered. Though seeing as Kria probably wouldn't accept anything as proof other then a corpse and said corpse would probably be put through a slew of tests to confirm it wasn't a trick, Maybe Kria never gave up the body for others to examine.

It's pretty obvious that Aniz did color her opinion of cubi a bit....

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: seikueon on October 18, 2013, 01:05:16 PM

It was implied in Devin's Backstory where Devin's father "took one look at him (at birth) and left", i.e.  the implication is that once it was clear Devin was not a Cubi, Aniz abandoned him.

joshofspam

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on October 18, 2013, 02:40:28 PM
Quote from: seikueon on October 18, 2013, 01:05:16 PM

It was implied in Devin's Backstory where Devin's father "took one look at him (at birth) and left", i.e.  the implication is that once it was clear Devin was not a Cubi, Aniz abandoned him.
Of course that can also be interpreted as Devin's father being an angel.

Seeing as angel birth rates are shrinking down to more common being births. We have no idea where the decline begins. But we can assume that it's been going on for quite a while if their current population has taken to concerns about it.

seikueon

Thanks.  That sounds like wild mass guessing, but not a bad theory, either.

Amber Williams

Part of the joy of being a webcomic artist is sowing the seeds of speculation. c:

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 18, 2013, 04:54:16 PM
Part of the joy of being a webcomic artist is sowing the seeds of speculation. c:

I hate you sometimes.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Mao on October 18, 2013, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 18, 2013, 04:54:16 PM

I hate you sometimes.

That's the other part of the joy. :U

Techcubi

And, if Devin's father was really Aniz, wouldn't that mean his mother would have to be more powerful than him in order for him to be a being? Although... It does list Devin's approximate age of 24, which, for most cubi spawn, would be only a year before they got their headwings... Maybe he could have had cubi-blood, but, Aniz didn't think much of him, or his potential, just by looking at him? Although, how exactly would he have managed to be the father of two households at once, pretending to be two different guys? Wouldn't he have to be pretty smart and crafty? Though, this IS the guy who managed to keep his true identity secret from his 'wife' and son for about 25 years.

Tuyu

When Aniz spoke to Fa'lina about characteristics of Abel's appearance, it sounded like more was going on than just Aniz selecting a mate to produce those characteristics. If Aniz was Devin's father, it could be that he could instantly tell from the infant's appearance that whatever he may have tried hadn't worked.

thegayhare

makes me wonder,

I never noticed the Destina/Aniz thing till now,  but It does make me wonder if Abel knows his hated dad and his hated teacher were once an item.  We know he knows who killed his dad, thats never been in doubt, but did he know of this relationship.   Does part of Destina's hatred for Abel stem from him not living up to his father,  does part of Abels hatred of her stem from seeing to much in her that would attract his father.

Also did the whole meeting with Dan's father start out as a ruse for revenge on the on who killed Destina's old flame?  during the build up to the sweet betrayal and murder destina managed to become pregnant leading her to delay betrayal/revenge untill the cubi baby was out of the way.

Was Dan's father kidnapped by the dragons in an attempt to get to Destina,  or is he helping the dragons against his deranged wife,  or is he in protective custody by the dragons since Dan's a big boy now she could finish off her baby daddy and blame it on the dragons achieving furthering two goals

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on October 19, 2013, 11:54:23 AM
I never noticed the Destina/Aniz thing till now,  but It does make me wonder if Abel knows his hated dad and his hated teacher were once an item.

Absolutely.  We know this because Fa'Lina told him on-camera.  See Abel's Story pt2.

QuoteWas Dan's father kidnapped by the dragons in an attempt to get to Destina,  or is he helping the dragons against his deranged wife,  or is he in protective custody by the dragons since Dan's a big boy now she could finish off her baby daddy and blame it on the dragons achieving furthering two goals

That we don't know.  But I often wondered if she convinced him to spy on the dragons for her, and that's what he was doing when he disappeared.

mithril

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 19, 2013, 12:10:37 PM
QuoteWas Dan's father kidnapped by the dragons in an attempt to get to Destina,  or is he helping the dragons against his deranged wife,  or is he in protective custody by the dragons since Dan's a big boy now she could finish off her baby daddy and blame it on the dragons achieving furthering two goals

That we don't know.  But I often wondered if she convinced him to spy on the dragons for her, and that's what he was doing when he disappeared.

or could the dragons share Piflak's confusion over Aniz and Edward, and grabbed him thinking that would give them power over her?

Eboreg

I do wander if the similarities between Edward and Aniz is part of the reason the Aniz targeted him. If you think about it, Cid looked pretty similar to Aniz when he was targeted.

I'm also rather amused by the fact that Abyss and I share opinions on the whole deal. (I highly doubt that Pyroduck will get caught up in this. The Phoenix oracles most likely gave him some advice on how to avoid it.)
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

joshofspam

Quote from: Eboreg on October 20, 2013, 10:10:06 AM
I'm also rather amused by the fact that Abyss and I share opinions on the whole deal. (I highly doubt that Pyroduck will get caught up in this. The Phoenix oracles most likely gave him some advice on how to avoid it.)

The problem with that is it seems like Destania seems to drop off their radar. They can't warn him if they can't see Destania's machinations.

Eboreg

Quote from: joshofspam on October 20, 2013, 02:29:27 PM

The problem with that is it seems like Destania seems to drop off their radar. They can't warn him if they can't see Destania's machinations.

I seriously doubt that Destania can hide the results. Think about how much the timeline would be affected by the wiping out of an entire race, it's going to pretty much affect everything. The Oracles may not be able to see what happens but they could probably look into the futures where Pyroduck survived and see what precautions he took in order to survive.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Naldru

I highly doubt that Pyroduck will get caught up in this. The Phoenix oracles most likely gave him some advice on how to avoid it.
They did give him advice on how to avoid it.  However, as this page shows, they also forsaw that he would ignore the advice so that he could protect Alexsi.

For information on Edward, I would look at this page and this one.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Venalitor

Bless you.
Whenever this Aniz character comes up I have "Men In Tights" flashbacks.

seikueon

Pyroduck may or may not survive any attempt on his race.  But what we do know is that he chose to not take the Phoenix's advice and get away from Lost Lake.  And with that, they have no idea what happens to him.  They say they can no longer predict--which suggests Time Travel! (Kidding, I think...)  So it seems unlikely they could have given him any other advice to help.

What I'm wondering is if Biggs is the human or were (suggested by a silhouette from the Shadowy Panel that I think is the Beings/Creature Council) and they're planning something involving Jyrras's weapons/inventions, how much are his goals influenced by Destania?  Like, is he sneaking in things to their conspiracy that helps Destania's?  Albanion seems to be on the panel and I've kind of assumed Mab is influencing him based on some of their conversations.

It would just seem like everyone is plotting against everyone.  :mowdizzy

Wdot

Quote from: seikueon on October 21, 2013, 12:22:27 PM
Pyroduck may or may not survive any attempt on his race.  But what we do know is that he chose to not take the Phoenix's advice and get away from Lost Lake.  And with that, they have no idea what happens to him.  They say they can no longer predict--which suggests Time Travel! (Kidding, I think...)  So it seems unlikely they could have given him any other advice to help.

What I'm wondering is if Biggs is the human or were (suggested by a silhouette from the Shadowy Panel that I think is the Beings/Creature Council) and they're planning something involving Jyrras's weapons/inventions, how much are his goals influenced by Destania?  Like, is he sneaking in things to their conspiracy that helps Destania's?  Albanion seems to be on the panel and I've kind of assumed Mab is influencing him based on some of their conversations.

It would just seem like everyone is plotting against everyone.  :mowdizzy

Well, Pyro is a time-traveler if I recall correctly, but I don't know if that is still canon.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wdot on October 23, 2013, 11:49:30 AM
Well, Pyro is a time-traveler if I recall correctly, but I don't know if that is still canon.

I assumed that was his cover story for being a Dragon, but I could be wrong.