2013/06/10 [DMFA #1408] The plot thickens.

Started by VAE, June 09, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xan

Quote from: Eboreg on June 10, 2013, 10:44:06 PM
The 'Cubi's threat became apparent when Cyra killed Hizell.
It was was M'Chek that Cyra killed, not Hizell. All we know that he was a powerful dragon, but how strong was he compared to Hizell though?
I believe the city that Cyra accidentally destroyed was much more what it seemed as well.

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM
[spoiler]It was the third option.[/spoiler]

I had figured that was the case.

I have a theory about Cyra. Through her actions alone Cyra had destroyed the Cubi's reputation, caused a war with the dragons which nearly killed off her whole race, and Fa'lina lost her clan because she did not give up Cyra's last child. When Cyra talked to Dan about that event she seemed remorseful and regretted her decision. I dare say that Cyra might be too ashamed to show her face, at the very least unable to face Fa'lina.

Now here is a question, if Cyra is unaware of what Destania is doing but finds out that her daughter is following a dangerous path that has the a possibility ending in ruin, will she attempt to stop Dee from doing something disastrous or just remain hidden and let events unfold?

Risingcomet

I don't think Cyra would come out of hiding, the reason being the possibility that Hezill could kill her and trace her power and kill Dan and Dee. Cyra clan has a chance to recover but it is so small I can't see her risking the only two members left ( even if Dee needs to be stopped).

joshofspam

Quote from: Xan on June 11, 2013, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: Eboreg on June 10, 2013, 10:44:06 PM
The 'Cubi's threat became apparent when Cyra killed Hizell.
It was was M'Chek that Cyra killed, not Hizell. All we know that he was a powerful dragon, but how strong was he compared to Hizell though?
I believe the city that Cyra accidentally destroyed was much more what it seemed as well.

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 11, 2013, 12:09:12 PM
[spoiler]It was the third option.[/spoiler]

I had figured that was the case.

I have a theory about Cyra. Through her actions alone Cyra had destroyed the Cubi's reputation, caused a war with the dragons which nearly killed off her whole race, and Fa'lina lost her clan because she did not give up Cyra's last child. When Cyra talked to Dan about that event she seemed remorseful and regretted her decision. I dare say that Cyra might be too ashamed to show her face, at the very least unable to face Fa'lina.

Now here is a question, if Cyra is unaware of what Destania is doing but finds out that her daughter is following a dangerous path that has the a possibility ending in ruin, will she attempt to stop Dee from doing something disastrous or just remain hidden and let events unfold?

Though from the sound of things, even if Cyra's actions started the war, it sounds more like the dragons simply found it as an excuse to try to eliminate the cubi.

Which brings up the question of what exactly are the dragons up too. I find it hard to believe a race so magically inclined wouldn't be able to sense exactly what happened there and how did they know to blame clan Cyra if she was the only survivor?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Risingcomet

Quote from: joshofspam on June 11, 2013, 09:06:20 PM
Which brings up the question of what exactly are the dragons up too. I find it hard to believe a race so magically inclined wouldn't be able to sense exactly what happened there and how did they know to blame clan Cyra if she was the only survivor?

Well there may not have been other dragons around at the time of the fight to witness who exactly did it, but seeing as Cyra attained tri-wing status just after the battle, it would make sense that they would put two and two together, and don't forget that Cyra can apparently hide creatures and powers from magical sight. Proof here and here

Also don't forget Cyra fought M'Chek in order to become the city's protector and have her family rule over it. She must have planned for at least a short while, so it goes without saying that others could have possibly learned about it.

Surzsha

... from the sound of things, even if Cyra's actions started the war, it sounds more like the dragons simply found it as an excuse to try to eliminate the cubi.

Which brings up the question of what exactly are the dragons up too.

Excuses excuses, it's all just a game.
If they could start over they'd do it again.

joshofspam

Quote from: Surzsha on June 11, 2013, 11:34:39 PM
... from the sound of things, even if Cyra's actions started the war, it sounds more like the dragons simply found it as an excuse to try to eliminate the cubi.

Which brings up the question of what exactly are the dragons up too.

Excuses excuses, it's all just a game.
If they could start over they'd do it again.

True, though considering how the Vampire's finally all died out and the attempted extermination of the Were race mentioned in the forum, I'm beginning to see a pattern to these games the dragons play.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Risingcomet

The vampire race didn't really pose a threat I think, sitting on the last few must have just been a bonus. The weres I can see why they would want them gone, what with their near magical immunity in feral form.

Tapewolf

Though from the sound of things, even if Cyra's actions started the war, it sounds more like the dragons simply found it as an excuse to try to eliminate the cubi.

IIRC, Amber did say at one point that the Dragon-'Cubi war was brewing anyway.  While Cyra's actions triggered it, it would probably have happened at some point anyway.

EDIT:
Quote from: killpurakat on June 10, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
BTW, just noticed Zezzuva's clothing and how revealing it really is.  :U She looks pretty hot for a gal who can tower above everyone else and pull off the goth look (if not the emo-tude).

http://project-future.org/stuff/things/fridge75.png
( bigger version on FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10770766/ )

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Xan

Quote from: Risingcomet on June 11, 2013, 06:18:52 PM
I don't think Cyra would come out of hiding, the reason being the possibility that Hezill could kill her and trace her power and kill Dan and Dee. Cyra clan has a chance to recover but it is so small I can't see her risking the only two members left ( even if Dee needs to be stopped).

Cyra can work against Destania in other ways, rather than coming out of hiding. She could revoke her protection she has over her daughter, or/and take back or greatly reduce the energy Dee been using to sustain her life. At the very least help locate Dee.
Hmmmm... Something that makes me wonder, what would happen to Destania if mommy cut her off from the clan's power source.

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2013, 04:53:16 AM

IIRC, Amber did say at one point that the Dragon-'Cubi war was brewing anyway.  While Cyra's actions triggered it, it would probably have happened at some point anyway.

Hmmmm... Come to think of it I think I read or heard about that from somewhere, or it could be my imagination brought upon from insanity. Either one is plausible.
Though, Cyra would probably feel some form of guilt for being the trigger that set off the powder-keg.

http://project-future.org/stuff/things/fridge75.png
( bigger version on FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/10770766/ )

Hahaha, funny. Seems like no one is safe from Piflak's pantsing shenanigans.
This wouldn't be some sort of revenge for Jakob's De-Pantsu?

Surzsha

Probably never. I mean come on, the act of de-pantsu/de-dressu is a staple among cubi at this point. Why take away what's basically tradition?

Quote from: Xan on June 12, 2013, 03:05:20 PM
IIRC, Amber did say at one point that the Dragon-'Cubi war was brewing anyway.  While Cyra's actions triggered it, it would probably have happened at some point anyway.

Hmmmm... Come to think of it I think I read or heard about that from somewhere, or it could be my imagination brought upon from insanity. Either one is plausible...

You're not insane, there. I think I've read it somewhere as well, though for the life of me I can't pinpoint when exactly I found out. Then again I think it was more of a part of the puzzle that was scattered over several sources, not necessarily something that was stated in a single source. So you basically just pieced it together yourself.

Anyways, you know what this most reminds me of? World War I. It started off almost the same way with the brewing of tensions and the one act of murder that toppled everything over, though sans all the magic, cubi, and dragons.

VAE

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 10, 2013, 03:28:27 AM
I love Zezzuva's last line there.  It makes me wonder if she is a high-functioning autistic or something, oblivious to Dan's distress.

As far as I'm reading it, that response is heavy-duty sarcastic and pointing out Dan is heavy-duty ignorant of the situation at hand, and rather than being oblivious to his distress , she considers it unimportant.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Eboreg

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on June 12, 2013, 05:02:09 PM
I wonder how much longer till everyone starts wearing suspenders...

What makes you think they're gonna help?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.