2013/05/27 [DMFA #1404]: You can keep the pants for now

Started by Wanderer, May 27, 2013, 01:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

And the leader of the spies and expert mindreaders chooses to appear personally to impart some information. Or, if not personally, through an avatar at least. ...She appears to be staring blankly into space. Kind of creepy. Given what she's saying, we can assume any behavior she or any other clan leader exhibits is done on purpose. Everything is a facade.

Mink looks creeped out. Is he going to get this way every time they encounter a clan leader? He's going to have trouble getting through the meeting at this rate.

AzureEdge

I know it is too much to wish for, but I really wish we'd be seeing Quoar at this meeting. Out of all the Clan Leaders that could be attending, he is the one I can see truly making it awesome.

Dard

I guess Quoar would be definitely among the stealing-pants fraction.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Wanderer on May 27, 2013, 01:31:26 AM
She appears to be staring blankly into space. Kind of creepy.

It almost looks like she's sleep walking, halfway though the meeting she'll wake up and wonder where she is.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kuzma Volkov

Mink looks creeped out. Is he going to get this way every time they encounter a clan leader? He's going to have trouble getting through the meeting at this rate.

I unno for some reason I think something just happened to Mink. Like he had somethin yanked from him... Maybe a comic.

Tapewolf

And the leader of the spies and expert mindreaders chooses to appear personally to impart some information. Or, if not personally, through an avatar at least. ...She appears to be staring blankly into space. Kind of creepy. Given what she's saying, we can assume any behavior she or any other clan leader exhibits is done on purpose. Everything is a facade.

Yes.  Though I think 'Cubi love stealing clothes for the hell of it.  So it may well be a mix of business and pleasure.

QuoteMink looks creeped out. Is he going to get this way every time they encounter a clan leader? He's going to have trouble getting through the meeting at this rate.
Well, he's done it before - it's likely that he's represented Jin for the last 4 meetings at least (i.e. during Abel's stay at the Academy).

As for him scooting away in the last panel, it's also possible that she's projecting some weird aura which is upsetting him.  Of course it might just be that she's being a sourpuss and that's the antithesis of Mink and his clan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Form_Goblin

Interesting to see a new clan leader, this time Zezzuva.  I find her speech bubbles interesting, I guess they imply her power?  Or maybe they're something unique to her clan members?  Either way, I look forward to what happens next.  Here's her page from the Demonology if anyone wanted it.  http://missmab.com/Demo/Leader06.php

[merged with existing thread -TW]

ChaosMageX

I am very pleased to see Zezzuva appearing in the comic, considering that her clan isn't just the clan of spies and detectives, but the clan of investigators in general, including meta-scientific investigation and research, as indicated by her dissertation on soul mechanics.

As for the style of her speech bubbles, they remind me of those of Malyka Ka'rith, which implies that they speak in a similar way.  I'm not sure what that way is, but I'd guess that they both have deep voices.

Also, she might be staring off into space because she's so aloof she doesn't even deem Dan and Mink worthy of her eye contact.  Considering she's the 4th youngest active tri-winged Cubi, I'm guessing the only ones she's even willing to acknowledge are other tri-winged Cubi, perhaps even only those older than she is, which would exclude Dimanika, Fa'lina, and Cyra.

However, given Amber's page title of "Social Butterflies", a more reasonable explanation is that she has so little social interaction that she's just not used to interacting with others, hence the blank stare and manner of speech.

Or it might just be a combination of the above two reasons and perhaps others as well.

Icon by Sunblink

Prroul

Quote from: Dard on May 27, 2013, 03:23:56 AM
I guess Quoar would be definitely among the stealing-pants fraction.
Quoar would be in the 'sir not appearing in this meeting' faction.

joshofspam

Those eyes, I'm guessing she has eyesight, but the eyes look rather colorless and I can't tell if she has grey eyes or if her eyes have clouded over like some blind peoples eyes do sometimes.

Her response is both bland and sharp, I'm guessing she's learned a lot from Dan's question?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

At the risk of being overly analytical, it could be that Zezzuva finds the idea of physical contact with anybody unpleasant.  It could be that she has to utilize extreme concentration to avoid being overwhelmed by the thoughts of others, and physical contact would result in the equivalent of being trapped in an extremely noisy room.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on May 27, 2013, 01:20:53 PM
At the risk of being overly analytical, it could be that Zezzuva finds the idea of physical contact with anybody unpleasant.  It could be that she has to utilize extreme concentration to avoid being overwhelmed by the thoughts of others, and physical contact would result in the equivalent of being trapped in an extremely noisy room.

Ah, so she's an aspie? Good to know. ;-]

Edit: In case anyone is lookign to correct me, I realise that Aspergers Syndrome - or whatever the popular term for it is these days - is much trickier than that to diagnose, and that a single marker such as this is nothing like enough to identify anything other than, well, this single marker. It's a joke. Relax. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rafe

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2013, 08:37:34 AM

How her mental processes work may indeed be interesting, however, I am stuck on the fact that she is apparently a llama.  I find her insular personality and llama-ness somehow go together very well.
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rafe on May 29, 2013, 01:35:21 AM
How her mental processes work may indeed be interesting, however, I am stuck on the fact that she is apparently a llama.  I find her insular personality and llama-ness somehow go together very well.

So... how long until we see another llama? And then a duck? ;-]

Mischa

Quote from: Rafe on May 29, 2013, 01:35:21 AMHow her mental processes work may indeed be interesting, however, I am stuck on the fact that she is apparently a llama.  I find her insular personality and llama-ness somehow go together very well.

My parents have llamas.  Creepy, horrible things.  I'm never quite sure why people find them appealing. X3

mithril

Quote from: Mischa on May 30, 2013, 10:23:49 AM
Quote from: Rafe on May 29, 2013, 01:35:21 AMHow her mental processes work may indeed be interesting, however, I am stuck on the fact that she is apparently a llama.  I find her insular personality and llama-ness somehow go together very well.

My parents have llamas.  Creepy, horrible things.  I'm never quite sure why people find them appealing. X3
probably The Emperor's New Groove

Eboreg

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2013, 08:37:34 AM

Actually, I'm a clinically diagnosed aspie and I can tell right now that the downsides of being a 'Cubi are all too familiar. Short attention span? Yup! Inability to control own emotions? There are smashed windows and stinging eyeballs attesting to that.

This is the main reason why I do not want to create a 'Cubi alter-ego, I would end up using a surrogate version of myself and I do not want to even think about having to start at square one after all of the therapy I went through.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Zebra Bug

I noticed that she was a llama back at the demography page, and was all like *love*. Just the WORD llama is awesome. And it is such a cool character design, the long neck is just interesting. And her eyes, the irises, look white too me. And her pupil...is like a little dot...she is soo spacey looking. I was not expecting her to be so cold though.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eboreg on June 01, 2013, 10:18:37 PM
Actually, I'm a clinically diagnosed aspie

So is my son. Amusingly, going through the statementing (UK official diagnosis procedure), there were many times where questions about his behaviour were answered with "Of course. I'm like that, all my family are like that - aren't all children like that?".

When you hit 18 out of 20 questions, you _do_ start to wonder about your preconceptions of human behaviour...