2013/04/26 [DMFA #1397] Gimmie a break. Gimmie a break. (Rest of title too long)

Started by xom, April 26, 2013, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsanityRequiem

And it was full of snerking from me! >:3 The looks on the assassins was the best. "What?! She's not attacking us?! But our traps! :<"
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

justacritic

I laughed, because this was the biggest troll move ever. Good job Amber

mithril

i'm starting to like Sherri more and more.
of course, i would hope that she figures out that "send some security to the spot" should be in there somewhere..

joshofspam

Logical, perfectly logical.

If filled with a whole lot of chaos and a whole lot of laughs. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anri

I could not have predicted this! Which makes it brilliant, of course!

AzureEdge

I was about to ask if that was Henya or whatever her name was from Abel's story. But then I remembered that she was not only pink, but a student of Kria's who would have no reason to attack her.

mithril

Quote from: AzureEdge on April 26, 2013, 01:44:18 AM
I was about to ask if that was Henya or whatever her name was from Abel's story. But then I remembered that she was not only pink, but a student of Kria's who would have no reason to attack her.
pretty sure Hennya was killed by near the end of Able's story pt1. unless her type of mythos can survive being cut into several pieces. (which given the response of Aniz and the others, :mowsad )

definitely the same kind of mythos though.

Dard

I think this is the first time that I have seen a try at reverse psychology actually working.

Wurgel

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Wanderer

Quote from: mithril on April 26, 2013, 02:35:59 AM
pretty sure Hennya was killed by near the end of Able's story pt1. unless her type of mythos can survive being cut into several pieces. (which given the response of Aniz and the others, :mowsad )

Well these are undead, you realize. Having been killed beforehand would not be an obstacle.

But the color difference is a bigger issue.

killpurakat

Quote from: Wanderer on April 26, 2013, 12:54:50 PM
Quote from: mithril on April 26, 2013, 02:35:59 AM

Well these are undead, you realize. Having been killed beforehand would not be an obstacle.

The bigger issue is that to become undead, a very specific set of events must happen. And the major event that created undead happened less than a centruy ago. Hennya was killed way before that, so likely she is not an undead. (Recall, Devin was a highly special case, and killed in front of Kria to boot. Hennya wasn't.)

Bandersnatch

Lying Foo

Maybe that's how her species decays?

And 400 years is a long time... could have distorted her outlook on things... or Kria could have wronged her in the interim...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Could be her mother, of course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

I'll let you all in on the spoiler and say that the critter in today's comic is not Hennya. :U

And no, she's not related to Hennya in any way.  I'd almost make a joke about "geez you guys.  Racist much? Not every girl with snakes in her hair is somehow connected to eachother." :B

Eboreg

@Amber: Figured as much. To make her any way connected to Hennya, no matter what, would be a hell of a stretch.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 26, 2013, 04:21:44 PM
I'll let you all in on the spoiler and say that the critter in today's comic is not Hennya. :U

And no, she's not related to Hennya in any way.  I'd almost make a joke about "geez you guys.  Racist much? Not every girl with snakes in her hair is somehow connected to eachother." :B

Still, they're the same species of mythos, correct?  Regarding that species, do the snake heads that make up their "hair" have independent minds, or are they just extensions of the mythos' senses, like a dozen extra sets of eyes that their one mind can somehow manage processing all at once, or somewhere in between, like the tentacle heads on Cubi from tri-wing led clans?  Do more of them grow in as they age?

Also, out of curiosity, since the thread is titled after it, was the page title of "Gimmie a break. Gimmie a break. I wanna take a break with that kit kat bar." a deliberate or accidental difference from the original "Gimmie a break. Gimmie a break. Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar."?

Icon by Sunblink

Tuyu

Heh.

Revenge Zombie Hit Corps, foiled again for the first time!   :3

Naldru

There is a question in my mind as to whether they want to kill Kria or capture her.  If they were trying to kill her, they would probably have been more careful with the first shot.  Perhaps they are planning to use her as leverage on her brother.  However, considering their relationship when they last parted, Kria might be willing to help against her brother without being coerced.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Scow2

Quote from: Naldru on April 27, 2013, 07:52:41 PM
There is a question in my mind as to whether they want to kill Kria or capture her.  If they were trying to kill her, they would probably have been more careful with the first shot.  Perhaps they are planning to use her as leverage on her brother.  However, considering their relationship when they last parted, Kria might be willing to help against her brother without being coerced.
The first shot was bait - I doubt the explosive they used could kill a demon. The boom was to get her attention. If they had shot her directly, it might daze her or otherwise impair her ability to judge the direction the attack came from. Impulsive characters (often associated with Chaotic alignments in D&D-style systems) tend to be quite predictable, despite themselves believing to be otherwise. To be truly 'unpredictable' requires logic and perspective on the bigger picture.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scow2 on April 27, 2013, 08:15:11 PM
The first shot was bait - I doubt the explosive they used could kill a demon.

I'm not so sure.  I think Demons are still soft and squishy except when their skin is hardened.  IIRC that can be done in a voluntary or reflexive manner, but I suspect that if they had taken her by surprise she'd be spread over a wide area.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anri

At range, though, the cart may have been an easier target than a smaller demon mare who could move for any number of reasons. So launch when she might go to it. Have a plan in case she doesn't.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anri on April 27, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
At range, though, the cart may have been an easier target than a smaller demon mare who could move for any number of reasons. So launch when she might go to it. Have a plan in case she doesn't.

"is as good as dead" suggests she might well be the target for death, not for capture.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears