2013/03/10 [Matilda # 5] Sssssssssssssssssssssssss...*bewm*.

Started by xom, March 10, 2013, 01:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xom

Yep, makes sense. Soon we shall see what they are fighting over.

(And yes, I did join just because I saw no one else made this topic already)

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tuyu

"...no other creatures that live in the volcano. No predators."

And therefore no prey.  Hope that doesn't mean they're cannibals.   :<

Jyoumon

*taps fingers together Lord Palpatine Style* Gooood....Gooood....Ambers hands will finally reach their Final Form soon :kruger

Jasae Bushae

i know this has been said before but looking at this page...bleep it is impressive that matilda was able to tear off her brothers arm if their that much bulkier @_@
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Zebra Bug

Um, is anyone else concerned with the....proportions of the males compared to the females? Even with them in the foreground and the females far back...the lady-taurs are still much smaller. And the men are violent. Although I must say, they certainly are pretty. And I love the one female taur looking down from the pillar in panels 1 and 2, she is adorable, and the pose is so well done.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

LordViking

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 10, 2013, 04:23:17 AM
Um, is anyone else concerned with the....proportions of the males compared to the females? Even with them in the foreground and the females far back...the lady-taurs are still much smaller. And the men are violent. Although I must say, they certainly are pretty. And I love the one female taur looking down from the pillar in panels 1 and 2, she is adorable, and the pose is so well done.
They do look very small compared to the males in this page. Maybe these are still young girls that haven't reached their full size yet. If you compare the males and females in this QFTR page the proportions don't seem to be that hugely different.

It is said the males are more varied in patterns and colors, but looking at their heads it looks like the left one is more hor- ... more pointy than the male he is fighting with as well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tuyu on March 10, 2013, 03:18:37 AM

They might hunt things outside the volcano, or they might have a radically different diet, such as lava, minerals or even just absorbing magical energy as 'Cubi do.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Does the writing in that last panel seem off to anyone?

"So I guess it makes sense looking back that the most dangerous thing there...was the dangers that we our very selves"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 10, 2013, 11:41:14 AM
Does the writing in that last panel seem off to anyone?

"So I guess it makes sense looking back that the most dangerous thing there...was the danger that we our very selves"

I don't know what you're seeing, but I'm seeing "...was the dangers that were our very selves."  Which is a flowery but AFAIK valid way of saying that Matilda's own race was danger incarnate.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Eboreg

Interesting that there are no other creatures there. Does raise a question of whether or not the BV Mythos are exposed to microbial diseases and if they aren't, how Matilda survived her first few years without getting the Furraean equivalent of smallpox or something.

However, if there are very few dangers down there, it does explain why BV Mythos are so callous about individual life. Put simply, cultures will value what they don't have in abundance and will not value what they do. Since BV Mythos don't have a lot of external danger in their life and live a very long time, individual life is in massive abundance leading to the callousness seen here.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: LordViking on March 10, 2013, 06:35:07 AM
Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 10, 2013, 04:23:17 AM
They do look very small compared to the males in this page. Maybe these are still young girls that haven't reached their full size yet. If you compare the males and females in this QFTR page the proportions don't seem to be that hugely different.

It is said the males are more varied in patterns and colors, but looking at their heads it looks like the left one is more hor- ... more pointy than the male he is fighting with as well.

That is an interesting find, but I also notice that the male on the right has ear fins whereas the one on the left does not.  This could just be natural variation within their species, like how Dan/Matilda's hypothetical love-child had ear fins as well.  I just wonder whether or not the horns are limited to males, but they probably are.

Also, the pose of that one on the rock pillar is rather cute, but it also lends to the theory that BV Mythos hands/paws function like gecko feet.  On the other hand, she could be using her prehensile tail to hang like that, since I can't tell whether or not it's wrapped around the rock pillar.

Either way, I'm happy that male BV Mythos have finally made an appearance.

Icon by Sunblink

MT Hazard

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 10, 2013, 01:08:43 PM
That is an interesting find, but I also notice that the male on the right has ear fins whereas the one on the left does not.  This could just be natural variation within their species, like how Dan/Matilda's hypothetical love-child had ear fins as well.  I just wonder whether or not the horns are limited to males, but they probably are.

I'd chalk it up to previous battle damage, but considering they can regrow limbs, probably not. Other differences could be due to an age difference between the males, the younger one might lack horns.

We could be looking at a leadership dispute, from Matilda's history that could be her father and brother fighting.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Amber Williams

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 10, 2013, 01:08:43 PMEither way, I'm happy that male BV Mythos have finally made an appearance.

I'M NOT.  >:[
*clawhand*

joshofspam

Whoo, they're certainly going at it.

I wonder if this fight is over something important or over something trivial?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jasae Bushae

one of these days i wanna see something that encompasses all of her claw handedness like a spotted eight legged taur made of rainbows doing the salsa 8D

Amber Williams

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 10, 2013, 02:37:43 PM
one of these days i wanna see something that encompasses all of her claw handedness like a spotted eight legged taur made of rainbows doing the salsa 8D

I'm gonna say that is gonna run you about $200  >:D

(Please note, that is just the estimation.  I'm actually not able to do commissions right now until I finish the ones still pending.   :C )

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 10, 2013, 02:52:37 PM

I'm gonna say that is gonna run you about $200  >:D

(Please note, that is just the estimation.  I'm actually not able to do commissions right now until I finish the ones still pending.   :C )

Like my sketchbook.  From last year.  >:[

Shax

Quote from: Mao on March 10, 2013, 03:06:05 PM

I'm gonna say that is gonna run you about $200  >:D

Like my sketchbook.  From last year.  >:[
I might have to get something like that done for me at AC, if I can go this year given the circumstances...

Amber Williams

Quote from: Mao on March 10, 2013, 03:06:05 PMLike my sketchbook.  From last year.  >:[

I'm sorry sir! But this many middle fingers are really hard to render properly!  :blarf

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 10, 2013, 03:13:44 PM
I'm sorry sir! But this many middle fingers are really hard to render properly!  :blarf

All I can see is this. (nsfw)

Jasae Bushae

I'm gonna say that is gonna run you about $200  >:D

XDDD wow...ill have to save up XD
though in actualness if i was to try a commision it would probably be for dan and matildas crazy maybe love child XD .....doing the salsa with a spotted eight legged taur made of rainbows! 8D
*cackles* oh i might really have to save up for that...

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2013, 09:24:30 AM

They might hunt things outside the volcano, or they might have a radically different diet, such as lava, minerals or even just absorbing magical energy as 'Cubi do.

Maybe they eat the crystals? The thought of them eating lava amuses though.

Quote from: joshofspam on March 10, 2013, 02:34:43 PM
Whoo, they're certainly going at it.

I wonder if this fight is over something important or over something trivial?

I am betting that it is something trivial, something that happens all the time. The poor women.

Quote from: LordViking on March 10, 2013, 06:35:07 AM

*laughing* Ok, maybe the males have gone Super Sayin and bulked up in size?

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Tuyu

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 10, 2013, 03:34:54 PM
If they ate the crystals, the previous comic wouldn't have been "don't put those in your mouth you don't know where they've been", it would've been "don't put those in your mouth they're someone else's dinner". ;)

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Mao on March 10, 2013, 03:20:18 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on March 10, 2013, 03:13:44 PM
I'm sorry sir! But this many middle fingers are really hard to render properly!  :blarf

All I can see is this. (nsfw)

Page not found, at least for me.  :C

It would be so awesome to see Amber draw a taur-train! :eager

Icon by Sunblink

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Tuyu on March 10, 2013, 09:00:31 PM
If they ate the crystals, the previous comic wouldn't have been "don't put those in your mouth you don't know where they've been", it would've been "don't put those in your mouth they're someone else's dinner". ;)

A valid point, my good sir! I thusly stand corrected! XD But hey, maybe they need to be treated specially before consumption. Or something. Or maybe it is for us to use our imaginations *said like Spongebob*...

xom

Quote from: Zebra Bug on March 11, 2013, 12:14:44 AM
Quote from: Tuyu on March 10, 2013, 09:00:31 PM

A valid point, my good sir! I thusly stand corrected! XD But hey, maybe they need to be treated specially before consumption. Or something. Or maybe it is for us to use our imaginations *said like Spongebob*...

Maybe they are simply gifts or used in some sort of tool?

mithril

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 10, 2013, 09:24:30 AM

given that by the time she met dan, Matilda's lunch was apparently 100 proof? i'd say "radically different diet" is a certain. later during the date we see matilda only gets glass after glass of some sort of liquid as well.