2013/03/08 [PF #253] - Don't be afraid, wait...nevermind.

Started by Raskahn, March 07, 2013, 06:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Damn, that's some fancy trays they use to feed the prisoners.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on March 07, 2013, 06:59:19 PM
Damn, that's some fancy trays they use to feed the prisoners.

'Course, they may just be plastic...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Unlikely.

Plastic is too easy to break into sharp spikes. Metal trays would be smarter, as it takes much longer, and much more effort, to get them into a form suitable for mayhem - other than your standard "beat someone with it" level. Which is easily resolved with a nightstick, or four.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 08, 2013, 10:02:30 AM
Unlikely.

Plastic is too easy to break into sharp spikes. Metal trays would be smarter, as it takes much longer, and much more effort, to get them into a form suitable for mayhem - other than your standard "beat someone with it" level. Which is easily resolved with a nightstick, or four.

Preferably wielded by old time coppers blowing whistles while riding onto the scene in/on an old time paddy wagon. :P

Still metal platters are probably the best bet for the guards to have the inmates use. Can't really as easily hide a metal tray as it is to hide a plastic shive.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Naldru

What about cardboard trays.  They are users on this forum who claim great familiarity with cardboard and would probably be a good source of data.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Merlin

Huh... if I'd thought about it more I probably would've given 'em some trenchers. My bad~

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Merlin on March 08, 2013, 10:41:34 PM
Huh... if I'd thought about it more I probably would've given 'em some trenchers. My bad~

Well, that would have been appropriate for the age, I guess. And much harder to use to knife someone. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 09, 2013, 07:58:29 AM
Well, that would have been appropriate for the age, I guess. And much harder to use to knife someone. ;-]

Depends when this took place...

Eboreg

It took me until the fifth panel to realize that he didn't know he was a 'Cubi. It would've been better to reveal it earlier somehow since it would showcase Werrew's shock at Kamdan's true nature and also explain that he was a bit mystified at his lack of a need for food. Still, it is pretty good now so I wouldn't really want you to stress over it.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Tapewolf

Yeah, the next page is all done and dusted anyway.  The dialogue might be able to be tweaked, but the artwork is locked.