2013/02/22 [PF #251] - Werrew the Usurper

Started by ChaosMageX, February 22, 2013, 03:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Hmmm...the megalomania of Johan Cross and the sanity of Daryil...sounds like a great combination to me! :mwaha He must have quite the interesting background story.

Also, I can't help but wonder what those few vital things are that Keaton has yet to realize.  I've heard that it's difficult to clone cubi bodies because you somehow can't clone the innate magic behind them for some reason?  Is that one of those "vital things"?  Is it really true?  Is it derived from DMFA canon?

Even if it is true, with Daryil's new tri-wing powers, you'd think they could defy the impossible in cases like these.  They might be able to grow Keaton a new fully magic body, albeit under Daryil's clan rather than Jyraneth's clan, but at this point she seems desperate enough to take anything.

EDIT: Regarding the dress code, if there's a general lack of clothes because "it's summer and they have lots of fur", does that mean that anyone heavily clothed at the party was likely somewhere in the opposite hemisphere where it's currently winter?  I thought Cubi fashion in general mostly involved dressing scantily to be more seductive, but then again that would be difficult if the local climate is too harsh for dressing that way.

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 22, 2013, 03:32:16 AM
EDIT: Regarding the dress code, if there's a general lack of clothes because "it's summer and they have lots of fur", does that mean that anyone heavily clothed at the party was likely somewhere in the opposite hemisphere where it's currently winter?  I thought Cubi fashion in general mostly involved dressing scantily to be more seductive, but then again that would be difficult if the local climate is too harsh for dressing that way.

If you've got element resistance enough to pour petrol over yourself and set it alight without undue ill effects, what makes you think the same person couldn't go out in the arctic in a bikini and sunbathe in a snowstorm?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on February 22, 2013, 03:32:16 AM
Hmmm...the megalomania of Johan Cross and the sanity of Daryil...sounds like a great combination to me! :mwaha He must have quite the interesting background story.

Well, it was really because, when the original story was written, llearch said "I want to know more about Werrew the Usurper..."

QuoteI've heard that it's difficult to clone cubi bodies because you somehow can't clone the innate magic behind them for some reason?  Is that one of those "vital things"?  Is it really true?  Is it derived from DMFA canon?

I believe Amber did say that magic and the science behind cloning didn't get on, but I'd have to search for the reference.
QuoteI thought Cubi fashion in general mostly involved dressing scantily to be more seductive, but then again that would be difficult if the local climate is too harsh for dressing that way.
This is also true, after all it's mostly a 'Cubi party so they're free to dress how they like.  But the fact that it's a hot day gives them even more of an excuse.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

All things considered, he looks rather plain. :U

When I was reading the stories, I was expecting him to be someone who wore form fitting plate armor while enjoying a glass of wine while strolling along the battle field.

I wonder if my outlook of him will change once Josh gets to talk to him?>:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on February 22, 2013, 05:56:47 PM
When I was reading the stories, I was expecting him to be someone who wore form fitting plate armor while enjoying a glass of wine while strolling along the battle field.

He might well be - after all, this isn't a battlefield. Other than perhaps if there's love involved. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ChaosMageX

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 23, 2013, 10:14:09 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on February 22, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

He might well be - after all, this isn't a battlefield. Other than perhaps if there's love involved. ;-]

Either way, I actually want to see a picture drawn of him doing just that, sashaying along a battlefield in full plate armor while casually sipping red wine in a really fancy crystal glass while people lie dying and buildings crumble and burn behind him.

Icon by Sunblink