01/25/2013 [PF #247] - I propose a toast to life, the universe, and everything!

Started by ChaosMageX, January 25, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

I wonder why Illiath is saying that "Granny" (Taun) won't like Daryil becoming a tri-wing?

Surely Taun, along with most of the other clan leaders, would have already seen one of the many television broadcasts about Daryil's ascension that Daryil himself just pointed out, or at least sensed "a change in the force" by now, so to speak.

That aside, does anyone get the reference of the title of today's strip?  I think it might be a reference to a song, although I could be way off.

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

Quote from: ChaosMageX on January 25, 2013, 05:13:57 AM
I wonder why Illiath is saying that "Granny" (Taun) won't like Daryil becoming a tri-wing?

Surely Taun, along with most of the other clan leaders, would have already seen one of the many television broadcasts about Daryil's ascension that Daryil himself just pointed out, or at least sensed "a change in the force" by now, so to speak.

That aside, does anyone get the reference of the title of today's strip?  I think it might be a reference to a song, although I could be way off.

Maybe because Daryil is changing the world dynamics with his ascension, androids replacement bodies, sentient A.I.'s and Soul Food. Taun probably wouldn't like a small time clan leader changing things for her to the extent that Daryil is.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Mostly it's because she disapproves of Daryil.  It's not really important to the story.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jesk Levethix

I was wondering myself about that. Taun being upset i mean

Edits to remove a total misunderstanding on my part >.<

The reference of the one black glove seems to be to Michal Jackson wearing one white glove for a long time.. If I have my peoples right.

and i'll still offer a toast to Daryil.. and forty-two.
Forty-two is still awesome.

Raskahn

Quote from: Jesk Levethix on January 25, 2013, 12:22:30 PM
I was wondering myself about that. Taun being upset i mean

Edits to remove a total misunderstanding on my part >.<

The reference of the one black glove seems to be to Michal Jackson wearing one white glove for a long time.. If I have my peoples right.

and i'll still offer a toast to Daryil.. and forty-two.
Forty-two is still awesome.

Hear Hear!

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 27, 2013, 07:24:04 PM
Who's wearing one glove? I don't see it.

Daryil, probably; we don't see both of his hands, though, so I couldn't say for sure.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2013, 08:27:36 PM
Daryil, probably; we don't see both of his hands, though, so I couldn't say for sure.

Yeah, it will be clearer on the next page.  And the quote was from 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.  I'm not sure if the line ended up in the film or not.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E