12/11/12 [DMFA #1352] - We lose more staff that way

Started by MT Hazard, November 12, 2012, 06:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Sneaking up on your demon boss, not the best idea. Also calling her Miss Kria rather than Miss Soulstealer probably didn't win her any points, probably something else for her 'dismissal' form.

Staff member infractions: Insubordination, invasion of personal space, spying and getting my name wrong
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Wanderer

Tapewolf

So, she's sending someone to investigate Abel?  Either she thinks that it might not really be him, or their relationship has kind of frayed...

EDIT: I wonder whether she'll remember what Devin said about Lorenda meeting a 'Cubi who claimed to have known him when he was alive.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao on November 12, 2012, 08:04:17 AM
Or she wants to discretely talk to him.

I thought of that, but I wasn't sure how sending a covert proxy would allow for that any better than, say, asking Lorenda to arrange some kind of meeting - Lorenda already being 'in on it' so far as the magazine is concerned.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2012, 07:20:48 AM
So, she's sending someone to investigate Abel?  Either she thinks that it might not really be him, or their relationship has kind of frayed...

I guess it really depends on division 5 main profession. Each division could have different methods and places in the organization that Kria is in right now. Soldiers, recon, assassin's....Bean counters one thing we don't know right now is the orders she's going to send them out on.

Though her sending for stealth, then brains, does hint out that she doesn't want the target to know that they're there.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

joshofspam

Quote from: Drathorin on November 12, 2012, 10:15:23 AM
I like her spunk  :3

Which shall be followed by a sudden "Splat"! >:3

Teach her to hang on the good drapes. :P

techmaster-glitch

Whoa, I just saw something I can't believe I just caught. :O Looking carefully at panel 2, it looks like Stealth (for lack of a proper name) is 'phasing' into existence right then and there. My first thought was maybe 'teleportation?' but then I looked at panel 1--there's a transparency of Stealth right behind Kria.

That's why Kria went hair-trigger, Stealth was right there in Kria's office the whole time, for who knows HOW long!

I might have paranoia-fireball'd too. :B

TacticalError

Well, I guess you could call that...

a fire exit...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 12, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
That's why Kria went hair-trigger, Stealth was right there in Kria's office the whole time, for who knows HOW long!

I went back and looked, and she doesn't appear to be there on the previous page.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2012, 02:11:53 PM
I went back and looked, and she doesn't appear to be there on the previous page.

That may only mean that she's higher up the curtain or even more invisible.

Eli_In_Chains

You can clearly see her tail in the first panel. It's transparent to some degree, but very present. In the second panel, actually, her tall is in much the same place and is about the same level of visibility.

Sofox

MUDPUNISHER

Ohhhh that looked delightfully painful...
No matter, just emphasizes the point, not to sneak up on Kira. Or you will be obliterated.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
ahahah turning the car into oncoming traffic... IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE-Jim Carey
avatarby-Hapless-Enigma...THANKYOU
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS
also...... Can I be Abels brother?... pleeeaaassseee

Naldru

As show here, Abel doesn't necessarily respond that much better to surprises.  My guess is that Kria wants somebody to quietly keep an eye on the inn and prevent further disturbances while she finds out what's going on.  Kria may want to come over in disguise.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

chaotik74

hm.  I'm sure Miss Stealth is perfectly fine. yup. peeeeeerrrrrfectly ok now. no perma-deth for just doing her JOB. that would be wrong.

*twitch*

Eli_In_Chains

Demons like Kria generally don't have any qualms about killing. If someone dies, in their mind, they deserved it. Too weak. Thus, it being "wrong" to kill Stealth for surprising her isn't the case in Kria's mind.

MUDPUNISHER

Quote from: Eli_In_Chains on November 12, 2012, 06:30:53 PM
Demons like Kira generally don't have any qualms about killing. If someone dies, in their mind, they deserved it. Too weak. Thus, it being "wrong" to kill Stealth for surprising her isn't the case in Kira's mind.

Like she said eh, Get me the -smartest- of division 5. And a clean up.
MUDPUNISHER commander of the 77th ArmoredCav.Forum destroyer of wallshanderouterofgrenades,
ahahah turning the car into oncoming traffic... IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE-Jim Carey
avatarby-Hapless-Enigma...THANKYOU
APRIL4th= GRENADEMAS
also...... Can I be Abels brother?... pleeeaaassseee

Lying Foo

Kria in particular has been known to kill for fun.  Killing in a moment of confusion, brought on by the deceased's own lack of common sense, isn't going to weigh too heavily on her.  Hell, this stiff probably wouldn't have fared much better pulling this on Lorenda.

Although, it does go back to her usual "bull in a china shop" methods under which I was expecting her to just call Lorenda with innuendo about her and her friend's common taste for [that of] incubi...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: chaotik74 on November 12, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
hm.  I'm sure Miss Stealth is perfectly fine. yup. peeeeeerrrrrfectly ok now. no perma-deth for just doing her JOB. that would be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Kria didn't hire Stealth to spy on Kria. So... why was she lurking in the bosses office all day?

Particularly when the boss expects her to be somewhere else, as otherwise there would be no reason to ask Tee to find her...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

Demons like Kria generally don't have any qualms about killing. If someone dies, in their mind, they deserved it. Too weak. Thus, it being "wrong" to kill Stealth for surprising her isn't the case in Kria's mind.

Judging from the look on her face before going ballistic (the small pupils, the turned ears), I think it was more that Kria just didn't take kindly to being surprised..Think about it; what generally happens when you sneak up on a horse, let alone one that knows fire magic?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Slacker Spice

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 12, 2012, 08:11:19 AM
Quote from: Mao on November 12, 2012, 08:04:17 AM
Or she wants to discretely talk to him.

I thought of that, but I wasn't sure how sending a covert proxy would allow for that any better than, say, asking Lorenda to arrange some kind of meeting - Lorenda already being 'in on it' so far as the magazine is concerned.

The only reason I could think of for not asking Lorenda is because she's apparently 'in on it'. More people will be keeping an eye on her, and maybe some of them have decided that it's more than an apparent love triangle, regardless of whether it's true.

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Wanderer

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2012, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: chaotik74 on November 12, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
hm.  I'm sure Miss Stealth is perfectly fine. yup. peeeeeerrrrrfectly ok now. no perma-deth for just doing her JOB. that would be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Kria didn't hire Stealth to spy on Kria. So... why was she lurking in the bosses office all day?

Particularly when the boss expects her to be somewhere else, as otherwise there would be no reason to ask Tee to find her...

That's a thing some sneaky folks have: despite the fact that their job revolves around not being seen, they have an overwhelming desire to show off just how good they are at not being seen... thus requiring that someone see them in order to be impressed. Stealth would not be the first sneaky person to try to show that off by sitting around in her boss's office for a while unnoticed.

joshofspam

Quote from: D'ymkarra on November 12, 2012, 10:29:59 PM

Judging from the look on her face before going ballistic (the small pupils, the turned ears), I think it was more that Kria just didn't take kindly to being surprised..Think about it; what generally happens when you sneak up on a horse, let alone one that knows fire magic?

Not only that. But we also have to consider what type of job she's running.

She basically runs security for the whole city, I'm pretty sure that spying on your boss in that kind of business could carry as much as a death penalty depending on what went through her office that day.

Not to mention assassins might have tried to sneak up on her in much the same way. In her business, I could believe that when they say hostile takeover, they mean hostile.

chaotik74

I'm fascinated by just how many posts seem to be geared towards SUPPORTING Kria.

TacticalError

Well, I think we've already had the discussion about what counts as overkill/overly paranoid in a world where almost everything's trying to kill you...

Amber Williams

I figured it was just accepted that Kria is a terrible individual with no qualms about killing...so with that universal constant in place it was simply more a matter of how many style points she racks up in the process. :U

Eli_In_Chains

Well, what would you have us do? She's a character we know and sympathize with, whereas Stealth is someone we don't know anything about. Other than, that is, her spying on one of the most powerful people in Zinvth and her boss, which no matter how you cut it is either stupid or ill-intentioned, quite possibly both.

Sure, Kria is something of a dick. But this is hardly her worst moment. It's just a story. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone on this forum who, knowing someone who murdered as casually as she does, would be anything other than terrified and repulsed. Fortunately, we don't have to like her as a person, because she isn't one. She is just a character. And as a character, I rather like her.

Lying Foo

I guess it's just a bit jarring in the middle of a murder mystery to see someone casually blown up with (almost certainly) no repercussions.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.