31/08/12 [DMFA #1333] - Down again

Started by Tapewolf, August 31, 2012, 03:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: KiloFoxx on September 04, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
oh my, that would be an immensly interesting storyline to follow. and fairly plausible too. i doubt it though as i can't think of a SINGLE case when the plot went according to fan speculation. i swear sometimes i think Amber reads these for ideas on what NOT to do.

It's happened often enough for some of the moderators to get irate whenever someone says "I called it!" ;-)

FWIW the core plot is planned in advance.  I think that Amber sometimes tweaks the dialogue in response to forum speculation (e.g. the last panel in 811 looked a lot like she was trolling the forum), but she has stated in the past that the forum doesn't really affect the story itself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 04, 2012, 08:35:19 PM
Quote from: KiloFoxx on September 04, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
oh my, that would be an immensly interesting storyline to follow. and fairly plausible too. i doubt it though as i can't think of a SINGLE case when the plot went according to fan speculation. i swear sometimes i think Amber reads these for ideas on what NOT to do.

It's happened often enough for some of the moderators to get irate whenever someone says "I called it!" ;-)

FWIW the core plot is planned in advance.  I think that Amber sometimes tweaks the dialogue in response to forum speculation (e.g. the last panel in 811 looked a lot like she was trolling the forum), but she has stated in the past that the forum doesn't really affect the story itself.

oh i know changing the story on the fly to 100% NOT comply with fan speculation would be a total pain in the ass and utterly impossible from a practical standpoint. i'm a writer myself so i know the effort that goes into making a story.

i actually havn't even been on the forums long. i popped in because i ran out of stuff to do because i havn't had a computer for like. 6 months. there's only so much you can do on a PSP and a Wii...

but back to the point. it shows tremendous storytelling skill on Ambers part to be able to have a complete and VERY engaging storyline where quite a LOT of fan speculation is incorrect. keeping them guessing at every turn. that's a sign of a VERY good story and an exceptional author. i only wish i was THAT good.

Tarakona

This may sound like a silly supposition, but it just occurred to me that the Oracle's definition of "killed" in this instance could be the same as the Oracle who told Aary that Dan had "killed" Destania.  In other words, death could mean the death of his/her former life, which is a good example of what can happen in a romantic breakup. Therefore, the cubi who "killed" Merlitz could be the one who broke his heart and changed his life: Aary.