09/07/2012 [DMFA #1322] - Fortunately not a Dragon

Started by Tapewolf, July 09, 2012, 09:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

Quote from: Thrawn on July 09, 2012, 05:47:47 PM
Interesting that part of the attacking party is Skirmish, who was Alexsi's "sister" on Furcadia...
Quote from: YawnPB on July 09, 2012, 05:45:13 PM
Whee tis my first post.  Would miss Amber be doing a small Devo plug?  Instead of whip it good, tis punch it good?

Hopefully for Abel's sake he has overcome his phobia of blood as well.  It's a fight, there will be blood spilt weather it is his or theirs.  Regardless of how good of a fighter he is, being incapacitated by a phobia doesn't bode well around the smash & beheading gang there.
Welcome to the forums both of you!

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on July 09, 2012, 06:20:03 PM
I'm just looking forward to see if Wildy will jump into the fray herself, for that would definitely be a site to see! >:3

Popcorn anyone? :popcorn
Yes please  :popcorn

Oh and I do believe that wildy will find this quite fun, and while the numbers are on The Blunt object brigade's side, it wont be for long  (Time to come back from the moon maybe?) So far the shit hitting the fan has been quite minor, I'm expecting even more unlucky things happening. (Soulstealer family visit in the middle of the fight anyone?)

(credit: Gabi)

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 09, 2012, 09:49:23 AM
Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on July 09, 2012, 09:37:36 AM
They may indeed be, judging by what Peg and Nite said.

What doesn't wash with it is that previously, they were all "Being 'Cubi isn't a crime".  Why would they then go around murdering them (with wife and child, no less)?  If they believed they were doing a public service, they would have left some way of claiming credit rather than clandestine assassinations.
Though I am rather concerned that they appeared to be intending to kill Alexsi if she had sprouted wings.

Still, casual racism aside with Wildy's group, it's kind of reassuring that it's apparently being treated as a serious investigation, one where "But they were 'Cubi!" won't get you out of a murder rap.

EDIT: And whether or not they're responsible, Wildy is liable to assume they are.

I think that some of them are want to kill ALexsi regardless of whether or not she sprouts wings - some of them seem to be assuming she it wearing a patch.

And regardless of what they have said before about it not being a crime to be a Cubi, they are here to kill a Cubi regardless of whether or not the said Cubi is a threat. And lets not forget as far as they are concerned they are they ones who will decide what constitues a threat.

And regarding the whole murder rap thing - if they do get charged for murdering Cubi they will be tried and sentanced by Beings, who might not really care about a few Creatures being murdered. It might end up being "pay a fine" and nothing else.

It will also be interesting to see how they react when they find out that Alexsi is not a Cubi.

MT Hazard

Their mention of cutting and the fact the dead cubi was found headless means they may have gone from inept  but well intentioned adventures to murders with disillusions of righteousness.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Infranscia

On the bit about Abel being able to fight, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that he took at least one fight class.  As has also been mentioned, he has at least been taught some stuff by Destania.

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 09, 2012, 10:16:40 AMEDIT: Oh and it's actually 2v1 considering Abel is immune to elements (was mentioned earlyer.
Wait...  Where was this mentioned?

Quote from: joshofspam on July 09, 2012, 12:14:25 PMWellllllllll...if her response is any indication, I wonder if she even remembers Abel?

Still to have Nite be "Rock him socked him" by Abel like that makes the the whole thing at the end with Genesis totally hilarious.

Maybe she just doesn't recognize him yet because his face is obscured by giant-wing-punch?  Unless maybe the alcohol managed to blur up her memory enough for her not to remember him.

Speaking of Gen, I wonder what that necklace/pendant she's holding is for?

And yeah, Abel seems to like punching Nite. :mowsmile  Poor guy.

It's starting to look like Skirmish can't (or at least doesn't) speak English (or whatever the Furrae name for it is).  At first I thought she was just using, um... not sure what it's called, but basically intentionally using sound(effect)s to convey a thought instead of words.  Now it's starting to look like that's basically her amazon language.  Even in the way-old archives we only see a growl from her.

Hmm... Come to look again, is it just me, or does Abel look a little worried?  Maybe because of the trouble he's had with these guys before?
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

joshofspam

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 09, 2012, 07:55:30 PM
Their mention of cutting and the fact the dead cubi was found headless means they may have gone from inept  but well intentioned adventures to murders with disillusions of righteousness.

Or possibly something else has happened in the area that have lead them to the closest potential problem in the area.

We've probably got to remember that in some cases, Creature's are still doing things that make the Beings harsh reactions almost seem necesarry. Regina being a prime example of that. Not to mention the bad propaganda that the Dragons spread around during the war.

Edit: I do kind of wonder about Skirmish's ability to talk too, Infranscia. Though she does seem to understand it to a certain extent at least.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ArchTeryx

Why is it, when reading this comic, I get some of the music from the 1960s Spider Man cartoon in my head?  Now there was the master of the off-screen sucker-punch!

justacritic

Well Amber has done it again, she has sprung an excellent surprise on all of us. Anyway go Abel you are able!

SolarWings

*recalls what Mab said in her little box-of-sayings from the last guest comic*
I think something bad is gonna happen to Abel now  :<
o3o Iunno.

AxiLarin

You'd think Nite would start wearing some kind of face guard... he must love those nosebleeds.  I'm rather impressed with Abel's fist of fury there.  How hilarious to see Genesis proclaiming she "found one" when she spent an whole evening at the Inn around Abel and never had a clue.  Though a little lot of alcohol can mess up one's perception.

Plotting

Quote from: DoctorSolarWings on July 09, 2012, 11:02:51 PM
*recalls what Mab said in her little box-of-sayings from the last guest comic*
I think something bad is gonna happen to Abel now  :<

You mean the little box-of-sayings in which Mab said she would not blame Abel for wanting to take out a restraining order against her considering what is going to happen to him?  :P

And even if Abel comes out of this fight without too many injuries, I somehow think more bad things are going to happen. I mean, for a comic arc named "And Then Everything Went Wrong" four bigoted Cubi murdering adventurers seems a little anticlimactic for Mab...

maus_merryjest

I have to admit I'm worried about Abel- my favorite character- since we do know two of Mab's friends are supposed to die...

But there is a Wildy just one room away who is bound to be coming after Abel to see what that was all about... and a techno-kangaroo rat who might have a trick to pull out when he sees a guy he likes in potential mortal danger.

Then again, the blunt object brigade have been murdering cubi left and right... that speaks to their skill.

This fight could go either way.

*chews on his nails*

Brunhidden

the introduction of 'law' to this discussion caught me off guard- but really what have we seen of a normal everyday legal system in place? has anyone present been called to jury duty? have we seen much in the way of police officers?

my statement- for all points and purposes, in a world where a random demonic zebra can just eat your pizza delivery man and nobody seems to care, the ragtag band of adventurers IS the basic unit of law enforcement
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Infranscia on July 09, 2012, 08:03:46 PM
On the bit about Abel being able to fight, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that he took at least one fight class.  As has also been mentioned, he has at least been taught some stuff by Destania.

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 09, 2012, 10:16:40 AMEDIT: Oh and it's actually 2v1 considering Abel is immune to elements (was mentioned earlyer.
Wait...  Where was this mentioned?
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_667.php Slight bit there.

Infranscia

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 10, 2012, 01:16:48 AM
Quote from: Infranscia on July 09, 2012, 08:03:46 PM
Wait...  Where was this mentioned?
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_667.php Slight bit there.

Huh...  I must have looked right over that tidbit or something...

Still, theres a difference between a resistance and an immunity.  While Gen's attacks may not be as effective as they otherwise will be, I think they would still do something to Abel, even if maybe not much.

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 10, 2012, 01:09:38 AMmy statement- for all points and purposes, in a world where a random demonic zebra can just eat your pizza delivery man and nobody seems to care, the ragtag band of adventurers IS the basic unit of law enforcement

Pretty much: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_287.php
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Hariman

Considering what has been said about Abel NOT liking what's going to happen to him, I'm pretty sure that Abel's going to get hurt soon. Which means that it will be the perfect time for Alexsi to wake up and Wildy to arrive.

*EDIT*
Oh my. It just occurred to me that there's another, unconsidered possibility for others to show up and help Abel after Wildy arrives.

Lorenda and Kria could show up too.

God help the Blunt Object Brigade if Kria shows up. The only thing worse would be Jyrras calling his Mother in against them.

*End EDIT*

Speaking of Wildy and Alexsi again...

Quote from: Turnsky on July 09, 2012, 11:32:53 AM
y'know as soon as wildy pops up there'll be hell to pay.

or when Alexsi wakes up...  :erk

I'd mention that Jyrras PROBABLY has some tricks up his sleeve, but I think Wildy and Alexsi are probably going to unleash at least eleven barrels of hell on the Blunt Object Brigade when they arrive/wake up.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 09, 2012, 07:55:30 PM
Their mention of cutting and the fact the dead cubi was found headless means they may have gone from inept  but well intentioned adventures to murders with disillusions of righteousness.

Not even that.  If they're the ones who killed the incubus (and their modus operandi appears to be the same AFAICT), they not only bereaved some kid but they left his father's headless body for the kid to find.  They waited until the kid and his mother were away so they knew full well what they were doing, and that makes them pretty sick puppies(*).  All that and they snuck away afterwards.

Someone with delusions of righteousness, who believed that that they were doing the world a service by eliminating 'Cubi, would more likely have disappeared the victim, particularly if there was a kid involved.  They would probably have tried to soften the blow for the bereaved, maybe a letter with the reasons for what they did.  And they would have wanted to claim credit for the killing.

(*)Regarding the fact that Beings would be judged by Beings, I still don't see scarring some kid for life going down well for them.  Also Alexsi is a Being and what they're doing here is attempted murder at the very least.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm just waiting for Abel to start clapping. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 10, 2012, 05:15:44 AM
whaaa? I dont get it, care to explain?

LordViking

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on July 09, 2012, 09:37:36 AM
I believe someone in the thread for the previous comic suggested these guys were the culprits. Kudos!
I'll be taking those, thank you very much :3 Though I mostly just hinted they were involved with getting Alexsi targeted, not necessarily being the ones doing it.

Judging his expression Abel knows he is in a tight spot here. Hopefully he manages to hold them off long enough for Mab and Pyroducky to come back again as either one of them probably has enough firepower to overcome the group. Wildy could be good back up too, if she can fight at experienced adventure level without her staff at least. Jyrras... well every group needs a mascot to protect, right?

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2012, 04:20:41 AM
Not even that.  If they're the ones who killed the incubus (and their modus operandi appears to be the same AFAICT), they not only bereaved some kid but they left his father's headless body for the kid to find.  They waited until the kid and his mother were away so they knew full well what they were doing, and that makes them pretty sick puppies(*).  All that and they snuck away afterwards.

Someone with delusions of righteousness, who believed that that they were doing the world a service by eliminating 'Cubi, would more likely have disappeared the victim, particularly if there was a kid involved.  They would probably have tried to soften the blow for the bereaved, maybe a letter with the reasons for what they did.  And they would have wanted to claim credit for the killing.

Well thats if they don't have any prejudices against Beings who are related to Cubi, or might end up becoming Cubi themselves in the case of the kid.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2012, 04:20:41 AM
(*)Regarding the fact that Beings would be judged by Beings, I still don't see scarring some kid for life going down well for them.  Also Alexsi is a Being and what they're doing here is attempted murder at the very least.

Well they technically have not harmed her as of yet. Still the legal system in Furrae is very different to our worlds, so an attempted murder charge may stick. Where is Moira when you need to ask a legal question?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 10, 2012, 05:39:19 AM

*sigh* You see how he has his wings transformed into huge "hands"? Now consider what happens if he claps those "hands" together. With someone else between them.

Think carefully, now. Don't strain yourself.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lying Foo

Okay, so it was just the lighting.  So sue me.

...but wouldn't they want to be a little more careful about chopping off the head of Dan's sister?  Even if she had been replaced by a Cubi, that'd be a fun little reunion.

From the impression I get of adventurers, my guess would be Being authorities' attitude toward the murder of Creatures is even more lenient than Creatures' toward the murder of Beings.  After all, Creatures know that they're killing Beings pretty much for the hell of it, whereas Beings know that if the Creatures they're killing don't kill beings for fun themselves, they tolerate those who do: after all, even Lorenda has a double-digit bodycount of petty annoyances, who had loved ones and lives that she comically brutally ended, and she's the nicest of the demons we know by far.  No one at SAIA seems too concerned about what Destania and Aaryana get up to, however many would rather keep their own hands clean of it, and some of their classes seem to be geared toward running like they do.  "Furrae's a tough world."  Even beheading an incubus in front of his son probably isn't going to get the Being authorities in a huff.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Ignuus66

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 10, 2012, 07:48:44 AM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 10, 2012, 05:39:19 AM

*sigh* You see how he has his wings transformed into huge "hands"? Now consider what happens if he claps those "hands" together. With someone else between them.

Think carefully, now. Don't strain yourself.
meh, that is an ineffective way of fighting considering they can easily duck, I understood that you wanted abel to clap but I didnt see the combat point in it. Also the insult was not neccesary.

Roknam

I think Abel has this at least long enough for reinforcements to show up.  He's under control enough to go for punching nothing blood producing immediately and he hit the guy hard enough to de-shoe him.  His next swing seems like he's just trying to fend them off.  He looses a wide hay-maker and what happens the melee guy backs off.  Abel backs up even as the other guy does giving himself space(hello magical sucker-punch).  Wildy as said by those before me is probably heading up the stairs or already about to jump in.  I seem to recall Wildy scaring her brother who wooped Dan when he didn't think Dan was a woman, so she must be pretty capable.  More so now with the shamanism.  Mab seems a little too attentive to ignore the inn where the party is going on.  I just don't see her ignoring the place when she seems to be taking Pyro away as much for Abel's sake as to have a traveling companion.  I see rapid arrival of upset Fae and angry dragon boyfriend.  Maybe I'm wrong but in general Abel seems to be getting them away from Alexsi as much as he's attacking.  Hit and back away when all attention in on him.  Take out the squishy caster he doesn't know anything about first(aside from he's easy to sucker-punch), leave the "dumb blonde" get out of melee with the big guy.  Plus backing up takes him towards the stairs where they have to funnel and approach him one at a time so if they lead with the melee that's a big ally in the way of ranged attacks(archer) and Abel's magic resistance is strong enough that Merlitz  couldn't even avoid being restrained non-lethally and he later says he doubts Merlitz could do anything that could phase him.  Best part is if he goes up the stairs and they chase fast enough instead of getting angry ferret attack from a direction they're facing they get something even better, angry ferret surprise.  All in all Abel is probably not coming out of this unscathed, the amazon is already rushing forward so if he doesn't go with magical sucker-punch I think he's going to get poked.  Before I finish rambling Hariman has a bit of a point.  Birthday party for Abel that Jyrras seems to have had a part in setting up which means Lorenda may show up and if she name dropped Abel's party at any point at home her mother may remember it and decide to come say hello.   Those poor unfortunate souls.

Hariman

Quote from: Roknam on July 10, 2012, 11:29:05 AM
*SNIP* Those poor unfortunate souls.

Indeed! I forgot that Mab and Pyroduck had just left too. An angry Mab is almost as bad as Kria and Lorenda showing up. In fact, an angry Mab might be worse!

Also, on an non comic note: Paragraphs man! Press the Enter button from time to time!

I don't mean to be rude, it's just that I only skimmed half of your post because it's a "Wall o' text."
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Techcubi

So, they can do more physical attacking with those wings, than just using their tentacles for slicing and dicing.

joshofspam

You know, something seems different about the types of adventures shown thus far?

It seems like the group here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1302.php operates on a more controlled CSI manner and seems to focus within civilized being area's.

Then you have this group here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1322.php that seems more chaotic and less of looking at the facts and letting the axes, arrows and swords fly. But then even after that, they let Alexsi live and said it wasn't a crime and went back to make their report.

I'm guessing that there's a bit more organization with the adventurers then just a simple group getting together at random and smiting a random monster. Schools, investigation units, outer patrol units, their definitely seems to be more. Maybe in a bit they might even be glad the blunt object brigade showed up. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 10, 2012, 08:24:37 AM
From the impression I get of adventurers, my guess would be Being authorities' attitude toward the murder of Creatures is even more lenient than Creatures' toward the murder of Beings.

Actually, there is another factor which may make the legal system irrelevant... and that's what will happen to these guys if it turns out they're also responsible for killing that Piflak member.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nino

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 10, 2012, 01:57:56 PM
Quote from: Lying Foo on July 10, 2012, 08:24:37 AM
From the impression I get of adventurers, my guess would be Being authorities' attitude toward the murder of Creatures is even more lenient than Creatures' toward the murder of Beings.

Actually, there is another factor which may make the legal system irrelevant... and that's what will happen to these guys if it turns out they're also responsible for killing that Piflak member.

Hahaha. I foresee a whole buffet table of desserts in the future. Cakes and puddings and crepes, and maybe some jello since the hooves are conveniently available as well.

Attic Rat

The B.O.B walked into a tavern and attacked the owner, and now the bouncer is attempting to use non-lethal force against them. So far, it's just barely possible that the whole event could still be called a "misunderstanding" with everyone walking away intact. Wildy would be so very disappointed.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?