Crazy CVRPG-ish dream

Started by Destina Faroda, March 25, 2012, 04:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

I had a dream -- the type you get when you're asleep -- about CVRPG, or at least it started that way.

The dream started similarly to the Villains comic a couple of days ago, when Link pulled out the Light Arrows.  The difference is in the dream version of the comic, he actually hit Orlox with the arrow, killing him.  As soon as that happened, the comic turned into an actual game level that loaded from CVRPG.  Yes, in the dream, I was playing as Link, and it was a traditional 2D Zelda dungeon, except with Chrono Trigger-style graphics (but LttP music).  This was cool, as I was able to control Link with a touchscreen and solve puzzles, until at one point, Link stopped moving.  I wondered what was going on, so I touched the touch screen again, and then the dungeon itself moved.  So I had to move the dungeon itself around a stationary Link to proceed.

Due to the strange, stream-of-consciousness of my dream, the next thing I know, Link was replaced by both my custom Android 18 and Android 17 sprites, but the gameplay remained the same.  In one section, they two androids were a "walls-closing-in" room, and I kept dying (notably, they died Mega Man style with the circles) until I realized I had to line up both in a precise, invisible gap in the closing wall.  Then I continued to play the game.

Of course, after this the game/site/whatever shut off, there was yet another generic vampire television show on TV.  It's title may have even been "Generic Vampire Show."  That part wasn't as interesting (except I couldn't remember one specific plot point the show was ripping off in the dream, the trope where Tortured Vampire Hero doesn't keep his distance from his human beloved, because she'd give him an earful if he pulled that emo mess).
Sig coming...whenever...

bradypodidae

It is my humble opinion as a non-gamer that your dream should be the basis of a fully developed game.

"Darkmoon's CVRPG: The Game"

I'd play it. >.>;;;
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC