ALL DMFA FORUMERS PLEASE READ!

Started by Damaris, August 19, 2006, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

There seems to be a continued confusion with the transfer.  I figured with the way all of you talked, the information would have been passed around, but I don't think it's happening.

The DMFA subsection of the CMF forums is not the only place for DMFA readers to post.

The nice part of this forum is that DMFA and CVRPG are the only two comics associated with the board, which means that we have plenty of space for other sections.

At the old forum, all threads were jumbled into the DMFA subsection out of necessity.  That is not how it works here.  The DMFA subsection is for DMFA comic and universe discussion ONLY.

We have a seperate forum for announcement type posts, one for general discussion, one for RP threads, one for games (APF, for example), and several others.

If your thread has "disappeared" in the last few weeks, it has NOT been deleted.  It has been moved to a forum that better suits it's topic.  Due to the sheer numbers of posts we have actually been moving, utilizing the "moved topic" threads was not really an option.  (and to clarify- even if a thread has been "deleted," our forum is set to recycle it to the Cursed Prison.  It must be deleted twice to be completely removed from the forum, and generally we only do that with double posts and the like.)

So, go and look around.  There are perhaps twenty non-DMFA people here (and even that many I doubt), so even if they do bite, I think you guys can take them.

(please note- this is not locked so questions can be fielded)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is it possible, albeit maybe too time consuming, to notify the author as to where the thread got moved?

I mean, -some- of us read pretty much everything, since we're voracious readers and prolific posters, but not everyone does...

Just a thought...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Supercheese

"When in doubt, it went to the General Forum."

Is that safe to assume?

Darkmoon

When in doubt, post it in the General Discussion forum is safe to assume. If it doesn't go anywhere else, it has to go there, since that's what that forum is there for.

As for PMing the author, I seriously doubt that's necessary. If your thread is missing, think about thwere it actully belonged and check there. The likelyhood is everyone else has already seen it in the new forum, and as posted in it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Damaris

Yeah, 90% of the threads I've moved personally have gone to the General Discussion or Shout Out forum.

Rarely they'll go to the Art or Video Game Forum, but most people will know when that happens ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

fair enough. It was just a thought, since, as a non-admin, I must admit I'm not aware of how many threads get moved, nor where to - I post in the threads wherever they are :-)

Nikki

What if you have art specific to DMFA?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Darkmoon

If you're posting it because it's relevant to the topic being discussed, it can go in DMFA.

If you're posting it because it's something for Amber for the site, it's probably better to email it to her.

Anything else should just go in the Tower of Art.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 19, 2006, 03:57:59 PM
Is it possible, albeit maybe too time consuming, to notify the author as to where the thread got moved?

I mean, -some- of us read pretty much everything, since we're voracious readers and prolific posters, but not everyone does...

Just a thought...

The author can check their profile. There's a link that points to your most recent posts. Browsing through there should tell you where it got moved to. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sheridan on August 20, 2006, 05:16:11 PM
The author can check their profile. There's a link that points to your most recent posts. Browsing through there should tell you where it got moved to. ;)

Yeeek. 18 pages of posts already. Hmm. Perhaps I shouldn't post this? :-)

fesworks

Well, sorry about that, I guess I just noticed that the last forum, everything was in one spot. Much appologies. *bows out... fading back into the forest with the other trolls*

RJ

You haven't seen my job over at www.mangahelpers.com  D: So many different sections to choose from, it's confusing...

Gornemant

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 20, 2006, 05:18:52 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on August 20, 2006, 05:16:11 PM

Yeeek. 18 pages of posts already. Hmm. Perhaps I shouldn't post this? :-)

yes, yes indeed, you're the shame of the lurkers, shoo shoo!  :raspberry

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Gornemant on August 22, 2006, 11:51:39 AM

What's most disconcerting is that despite starting at the beginning in terms of post numbers, I'm a fair way up the list in terms of overall numbers, having overtaken at least a few of the people who had post counts copied over...

The stats say I'm doing 12 posts a day. I can't be doing that many. No -way-. That would mean I'd have to sit here checkign the boards and posting responses to many people and joining in the games board and... and....

Oh, dear.

bill

It's okay. I have 17 posts a day. And, I'm 3rd in all time online time.  D:

Dakata

Quote from: BillBuckner on August 22, 2006, 12:21:48 PMAnd, I'm 3rd in all time online time.  D:
I'm 2nd 'cuz I'm awesome. D:

Yay! :3

Gornemant

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 22, 2006, 12:18:15 PM
Quote from: Gornemant on August 22, 2006, 11:51:39 AM

What's most disconcerting is that despite starting at the beginning in terms of post numbers, I'm a fair way up the list in terms of overall numbers, having overtaken at least a few of the people who had post counts copied over...

The stats say I'm doing 12 posts a day. I can't be doing that many. No -way-. That would mean I'd have to sit here checkign the boards and posting responses to many people and joining in the games board and... and....

Oh, dear.

I give you a month before overtaking my post count, which got copied, though I did ask for negative postcount  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bill:
You've got 5 or 6 hours during the day during which you don't post. I've got 2. I get the vague feeling that I'm gonna start catching up...

Dakata:
Yeesh. Yeah. You go, girlie. Er. Boyie. Er. Whatever. (yeah, yeah. Girl posting, boy typing. I know.)

Gorniepoon:
That long? If I put my mind to it - started adding posts to the APF, PAY, threads - perhaps pulled up some RP and joined in, or something - I could easily beat that...

... not that I want to. Oh, no... :-) Besides, 13 posts/day * 31 days is only 403 posts...

Aridas

I'm 7 a day, without any crazy changes. If I were into spamming the game forum, i'd probably have a lot more... I don't post much otherwise... i'd probably by first in online time, definitely, if I didn't keep leaving the forum when i wasn't immediately using it...

Rowne

The best part of British people (not unlike myself) is that when our brains break down, we tend to go like ... "Oh dear."  And that's always amusing, for some reason or another.  I blame Douglas Adams, I'm sure there's some kind of meme there that I've forgotten.

Myself, I'd think I have a more sane posting ratio, due to the fact that I tend to get eaten by different things outside of DMFA and I'm still playing the polite game by not overposting, I'm relatively new here, after all!  Well, I am.  That and I don't post unless I have something that I can blather pointlessly about for at least three paragraphs.

See?

Okay, perhaps here I'm cheating a bit.

Anyway.

As for posting stuff in the wrong place, I don't think I've ever been guilty of that.  Yay!  This is because I make so very few threads, a couple in the game forum, a couple of game giveaways and I think that's about it.  I should probably make more pointless threads.

----

Okay, so I just actually checked.  I'm making 19.5 posts per day.  That simply can't be right.  That has to be worryingly wrong.  I mean ... I think I'll join you in a hearty "Oh dear.", llearch.

(In retrospect, I blame the P.A.Y. thread.)

bill

I seriously was about to give you a hit with the cluestick, Rowne.  :laugh

Rowne

I really didn't think I posted quite that much.  I guess this goes to show that reality is one part of whatever it is that reality is made out of and a good few thousand parts perception.  I'm now wondering whether I should curb my posting some, I wouldn't want to be known for spamming around the boards.  I probably should ... but I likely won't.

Bloody addicting DMFA boards, it's not my fault that it's so much fun to post here!

Well, consider me kluet.

----

Still, at least I've never had a topic moved!

Have I?

Aridas

Well, I think if you got any added posts carried over from the other forum, that affects your posts/day count doesn't it? I assume it takes your post count and puts it into the time from "now" to the creation date of your account...

bill

I only had about 50 posts added, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. and I've had -zero- added. So... take that as you will.

Rowne - I take my hat off to you.

Well. Okay, I take my monkey out, wave him at you, and put him back again. Close enough. :-)

bill

The odd thing is that I post more here than at any other forum. I only have a 5.75 post ratio at my motorsport forum, and I'm more interested in morotsport than this. Of course, I have a 2003 join date on that forum, so I have 5600 posts.