07/11/2011 [DMFA #1261] - Quell the Quill

Started by ChaosMageX, November 07, 2011, 03:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Xzenoo on November 07, 2011, 09:05:45 AM
Displeased Jakob is displeased.

And atm im being puzzled by Quills accent, the notable use of V instead of W indicates a slavic accent (Correct me if you think otherwise), but "Tis good look for you" made me think of a Scottish/Irish accent in the form "Tis be the fines scotch around fer ye!" without "For" or "you" converted, could it be....a Scottish slavic accent?? :boom

Honestly, her accent is starting to get to me as well.  The fact that she has such a thick accent has numerous implications about the cultures and possible languages of Furrae.

If her accent is a combination of Slavic and Scottish/Irish, then is there an ethnic region on the planet of Furrae with a culture that's essentially a combination of Slavic and Scottish/Irish cultures?

Also, hopefully soon Amber will give a proper explanation for Quill's flat chest in either the forums or the rant or even directly in the comic, because even though a combination of the effects of bodybuilding and shape-shifting on that bodily region might be obvious to some, it seems to be confusing others.
Although confusion might actually be Amber's intention.  I wouldn't be surprised. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Amber Williams

It wasn't meant to be an amazingly confusing thing. 

Quill is definitely female.  The thing with Quill is that on a normal level she was never very large-chested to begin with.  Combined with the fact her muscles are a result of her actually working out and not just shapeshifting, she doesn't have a whole lot of body-fat and what little chest she did had inevitably took the hit.  And while it's true that she could just shapeshift herself some cleavage, Quill tends to be fairly pragmatic in her abilities.

A thing that tends to happen with a lot of Cubi is they don't actually use all their abilities willy-nilly, especially those who end up taking careers that put them next to non-Cubi allies. To a few Cubi, reading anothers thoughts or emotions casually is considered a bit rude or something that should be done sparingly when a situation does not allow them to gauge the other from more mundane means.  For a lot of Cubi, their abilities are great but they take extra effort not to be dependent on them...so they tend to shy away from flagrant and casual usage of said abilities.

Ted Schiller

Ve vill drink wodka.  Ve vill sing.  Ve vill dance.  Ve vill fight...I vill pull my punches.  Ve vill make mad love.

With regards,
Ted

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2011, 04:56:08 AM
Quote from: Merlin on November 07, 2011, 04:46:26 AM
Most importantly, Quill is correct about the shirtless Jakob thing :3
I think you may be right.

Quite right indeed......... >:3

Although, I do have to sympathize with Jakob here; I've lost count on how many times I've been in that situation myself. Don't get me wrong I love my assets, but I do have a face you know....... :sweatdrop

Also, I have to add that Jakob's face in the first panel is full of EPIC WIN!! :D I would totally add that image to my fanbar. :>

Rex_sun

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 07, 2011, 04:19:45 PM
It wasn't meant to be an amazingly confusing thing. 

Quill is definitely female.  The thing with Quill is that on a normal level she was never very large-chested to begin with.  Combined with the fact her muscles are a result of her actually working out and not just shapeshifting, she doesn't have a whole lot of body-fat and what little chest she did had inevitably took the hit. 
I see! Thank you for clearing it up! I had that as a possibility in my head; it makes sense. Thanks also to everyone else who replied to me. (:

Azlan

All the roses in the garden, They bow and ask her pardon... mostly because of her size and mass.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 07, 2011, 02:37:36 PM
...Are you crazy, Jakob? Go for it! She's totally into you, you'd be a fool to pass this up! :U

FWIW it gave me some extremely disturbing dreams last night.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2011, 06:22:26 AM
...Are you crazy, Jakob? Go for it! She's totally into you, you'd be a fool to pass this up! :U

How do you know she didn't enter your dreams?  She is a succubus after all.  >:3

And Jakob doesn't have to go for Quill.  He's handsome enough shirtless that he could probably have any girl he wanted.  He'd just need to throw in a dash of incubus charm for those hard to get ones. BAM! xD

Icon by Sunblink

Attic Rat

That scene was both funny and kind of touching, not sure whether to laugh or go "Awwwww."
If Jakob was going to be a long-term character, this could even turn into a fun little romantic-comedy side-story.

In real life, people have all shapes and sizes. It's nice to see that Amber puts in the extra effort to show that.

Wild guess time. As a giraffe, could Quill be from the "old country" Africa? There's quite a mix of accents available there, or so I've read.

Okay... Somebody has dinged my "Karma" from -12 to -13 for this post. Would whoever it is please tell me how I have offended you? I take great pains to avoid offending people, and it disturbs me that I have failed in this.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2011, 06:22:26 AM

Share.  :mowwink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 08, 2011, 07:15:49 PM

Part of it involved Jakob running for his life on the grounds of a building to escape her affections, while Adam Jensen from Deus Ex III silenced all the witnesses with a sniper rifle.  The part where Jakob and Quill became an item was somehow far more disturbing to me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2011, 08:28:38 AM
Part of it involved Jakob running for his life on the grounds of a building to escape her affections, while Adam Jensen from Deus Ex III silenced all the witnesses with a sniper rifle.  The part where Jakob and Quill became an item was somehow far more disturbing to me.

"I didn't ask for this."

Surzsha

Huh... Doesn't sound so bad, then. At least Quill isn't so much like this girl.

... Or I could be wrong.

Turnsky

Could be worse, Bengahl could be his Roommate:P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShadesFox

I don't see how that makes things worse, just more fun :3
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 08, 2011, 03:16:49 PM
Okay... Somebody has dinged my "Karma" from -12 to -13 for this post. Would whoever it is please tell me how I have offended you? I take great pains to avoid offending people, and it disturbs me that I have failed in this.

It wasn't me, but I find it interesting that people still pay attention to karma.

Especially since it's "vitally important" enough that the labels are the wrong way around, and nobody appears to have noticed for some time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 18, 2011, 04:00:55 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on November 08, 2011, 03:16:49 PM

It wasn't me, but I find it interesting that people still pay attention to karma.

Especially since it's "vitally important" enough that the labels are the wrong way around, and nobody appears to have noticed for some time...

Beyond that, you have no idea which post it was actually for.  Someone could have read an old post of yours and hit the minus for it.  You'd never know.  Even worse:  They clicked it because they wanted to remain anonymous,  or because they didn't really have anything to add other than the dislike of something you said.  Personally, I'd not worry too much over someone who doesn't want to actually discuss with you what they didn't like about what you said, and that's coming from someone who flings karma around for giggles.

Oh, btw?  The 'down vote' (as llearch has pointed is currently an upvote according to the labels... btw, *I* noticed it) that took you to 15/15 was from me.  Because that was a silly thing to be upset about in my opinion and didn't warrant being added to your post as it wasn't really relevant to the discussion.  Note that it doesn't mean that you offended me or that I dislike you.

I feel like I've had this conversation with someone on here before...

Attic Rat

That's astonishing. The labels are reversed! I didn't pay any attention to them and didn't even note that "smite" and "applaud" were connected to "karma." I sort of assumed the karma was something done by the moderators. I know better now. Life can be like that, sometimes.
Live and learn.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

justacritic

New game return volley score 15-Love
I just couldn't resist