10/09/2011 [DMFA #1244] - Little wingies.. Where are you?

Started by MT Hazard, September 09, 2011, 07:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Mink isn't that observant is he?

A point to who ever gets the title reference.

[spoiler] Translation of mink in the first panel
"I think you'll like Randy he's pretty nice! Afterwards we.." [/spoiler]
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tezkat

Obligatory:
:shapeshifters

And so fanon and canon finally collide... :dface

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 09, 2011, 07:53:41 PM

Aary was two comics ago. This one has a new guest star. >:]
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

KarlOmega1

And Jakob makes an appearence...nice! Thankfully he's the voice of reason in the last panel XD
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tezkat on September 09, 2011, 07:57:55 PM

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 09, 2011, 07:53:41 PM

Aary was two comics ago. This one has a new guest star. >:]

I was actually thinking..  [spoiler] this is the second time a cubi has been freaked out at Dan not having head wings [/spoiler]

I wonder how long Dan can go without revealing he is Cyra's grandson.

also curious to see what rumour Jakob is talking about.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

And Tape said unto Amber, Behold, he is in thine hand; only spare his life.
Seriously, nice to see he's turned up.

One question that has haunted me for a while now is this: "If I'm playing Merlitz in the radio project, who the heck is going to voice Jakob...?"  I still don't have an answer to that one, though with James still out of action I guess we still have a while to think about that...

EDIT:
Quote from: MT Hazard on September 09, 2011, 08:03:36 PM
I wonder how long Dan can go without revealing he is Cyra's grandson.

Mink knows, I believe.

Quotealso curious to see what rumour Jakob is talking about.
It's quite possible the rumour is that Destania's child has arrived...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Depending how closely the two stories relate to one another, I have a feeling that Jacob and Dan might get along very well.

Or at least Jacob could relate to Dan better then Dan can relate to Jacob.

I wonder if Dan, Mink and Jacob will be forever be known as people letting the lab animals for Ink and the other classes go?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

RandomMetaphysics

Great update as always. Once again Mink has proven himself to be a steady source of comedy.

On another note, what Jakob said is confusing me...
I thought SAIA was a school only for Cubi. Why would there be Angels there?

joshofspam

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on September 09, 2011, 08:35:58 PM
Great update as always. Once again Mink has proven himself to be a steady source of comedy.

Yes that is puzzling, though we do know other races at least supply different skills for the faculty to teach the students.

Though the slips of paper might be just as curious as what Jacob is talking about.

Cogidubnus

I read all of Jakob's lines in Tape's voice, and indeed, and that worked rather nicely, actually.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on September 09, 2011, 08:32:09 PM
Depending how closely the two stories relate to one another, I have a feeling that Jacob and Dan might get along very well.

While Amber isn't fond of people preserving her rants, I believe I should quote her disclaimer here (my emphasis):

"The character may be recognized by a few folks as Jakob from Project Future which is a comic run by a fellow called Tapewolf. They use a lot of elements from DMFA though I feel I should stress that the two comics are not canonically synched. I mention this mainly because I realize that with Jakob showing up cameo-style in DMFA, a few folks may be under the impression that this is me confirming Project Future as canon. I expect that some folks will figure that anyways regardless of warning, but I figure I may as well mention the disclaimer now."

Netrogo

*holds up a brick*

So, upon seeing this update I found this in my chair.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Anker Steadfast

Considering that Mab and Fa'Lina can be new/old friends from a different place/time, and that Mab gave serious thought to living in her own ribcage - I don't see it as much of a stretch if the two universes collide every now and then.

Heck, it could be part of the story, that sometimes being/creatures from other dimensions cross over, and since the Academy is in a pocket dimension, all dimensions could visit that one place pretty much at will.

There you go - that way both can be canon, without interfering with eachother.
Thus Jakob could be a representative, not just of another clan, but of another dimension too.

Well ... that's one idea how it could work.
I'm sure there are other ideas as to how that couold work out.
And if you have problems coming up with an original idea of your own, then maybe .... A wizard did it !

Edit :
Wasn't there also something about Merlitz meeting a human once ?
Heck, my multiverse theory might even stack up to canon story.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sofox

Heh, this comic took me by surprise, "Whu? Tapewolf in DMFA?" before remembering the cameo. Pretty cool to see Jakob there!

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 09, 2011, 10:12:06 PM
I read all of Jakob's lines in Tape's voice, and indeed, and that worked rather nicely, actually.

Ah, I wasn't the only one! You're right about it working nicely, it looks like Amber was styling Jakob's speech on the way Tape talks.

Madmann135

Jakob cameo-ed in DMFA, Dan cameo-ed in Project Future.  Though the comics are around 100 years apart this gives the impression that they are in the same world.

For some reason I like this concept.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

lilpuppy23

I just noticed Jakob only has one sleeve rolled up.

I don't know why that is the only thing I noticed. Also, who's Randy?

EDIT: It would also appear as Mink has made short work of the turkey leg sandwich, as last I checked, eels don't have bones that big.

LionHeart

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 09, 2011, 11:19:49 PM
Jakob cameo-ed in DMFA, Dan cameo-ed in Project Future.  Though the comics are around 100 years apart this gives the impression that they are in the same world.

For some reason I like this concept.
Closer to 150, I think. In Dan's PF cameo, it was mentioned that he was 175.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

AmberCross

Wow, Amber draws him differently enough that I very much did not recognize him until after 'Jakob' was mentioned. Up til then I thought, "Hey cool, new character!" Realistically though, I like this way better. It's just neat. That and Mink not noticing the lack of headwings does somewhat make my day.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: AmberCross on September 10, 2011, 02:27:46 AM
Wow, Amber draws him differently enough that I very much did not recognize him until after 'Jakob' was mentioned. Up til then I thought, "Hey cool, new character!" Realistically though, I like this way better. It's just neat. That and Mink not noticing the lack of headwings does somewhat make my day.
Heh, I noticed him right off. I went "Hey... that's Tape!" as soon as I saw that first panel.
That being said, I have to point out... for some reason, Jacob's eyes look weird in his first panel - Something just seems... off. All the other panels look great, however.
Also, the last panel is just plain win! :P

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Sofox

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on September 10, 2011, 03:55:31 AM
That being said, I have to point out... for some reason, Jacob's eyes look weird in his first panel - Something just seems... off. All the other panels look great, however.

I thought it was the mouth... muzzles are one of the trickier things to draw in anthro art.

Tapewolf

Faculty, guest lecturers or contractors, I imagine.  A lot of the courses are generic - spellcasting and all of the more mundane courses like adventuring, literature, Furrae History, woodwork - they're not really 'Cubi-specific, so there's no reason the professor has to be 'Cubi.
If they're good at what they do and Fa'Lina believes they can be trusted to do it, there's no reason an Angel or Demon shouldn't teach something.

'Course it's also possible that you would want to have Angels or Demons around specifically for the purpose of teaching the students how to disguise themselves as one.  Hiding your headwings is easy enough for Dan pick up instantly, but if you're going to hang out with real Demons you'd also have to be able to at least fake the attitude and moral outlook, or you probably won't fit in.

Quote from: Sofox on September 09, 2011, 11:05:01 PM
it looks like Amber was styling Jakob's speech on the way Tape talks.
Just as long as he doesn't say "What all"...

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on September 10, 2011, 01:19:12 AM
It would also appear as Mink has made short work of the turkey leg sandwich, as last I checked, eels don't have bones that big.
I notice that the eel didn't seem to be boned either... I did wonder whether Mink would swallow the entire leg.

Sid

After establishing Abel and Mink as the Cubi baseline in my head, Jakob looks oddly overdressed. XD
But hey, nice seeing a familiar face as a cameo in the comic!
:boogie

TheDXM

Ͼ ♂ Ͽ

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2011, 06:34:37 AM

I predict that the next comic will be titled "What all" with the subtitle of "what all" and all Jakob will be saying will be "What all" ... repeatedly .. in every single frame of the comic. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 10, 2011, 09:05:00 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2011, 06:34:37 AM

I predict that the next comic will be titled "What all" with the subtitle of "what all" and all Jakob will be saying will be "What all" ... repeatedly .. in every single frame of the comic. :D

That's a prediction? I thought it was a certainty...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

Err, if Mink flails around much more, we readers may finally figure out the Squiggles gender. >.<
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on September 10, 2011, 09:05:00 AM

If that happens I'll ask Amber for the money back and buy a minimoog :P

Seriously, there's no better way to break character if you're trying to write someone in British English, where it's not valid syntax...

tiggertoo

As far as Angels being there, when Abel showed Dan around there were a number of Mythos (some enormous) there that certainly weren't cubis - and of course the librarian is a Mythos. So non-cubi are definitely part of the Academy.

Ragesquid

Oh, Mink. You've got to be a new favorite character, of mine. <3

As for Jakob....ARGH. Roll the other sleeve up or pull the other one down! IT BOTHERS ME.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 09, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
One question that has haunted me for a while now is this: "If I'm playing Merlitz in the radio project, who the heck is going to voice Jakob...?"  I still don't have an answer to that one, though with James still out of action I guess we still have a while to think about that...

Given that Merlitz has been pretty much written out of the comic, you could always hope that nobody notices he sounds like Jakob. >:]

Exchange programs? :animesweat They could be family or friends as well.

We know there are a bunch of non-Cubi at SAIA. We've already met some of the more interesting Mythos residents.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

joshofspam

Okay, I think I know what those things popping out of Jacob's pocket look like. Though what they look like could be quite far from what they actually are.

They look like printed currency, either that or a folded pamphlet. I wonder whatever it is has any importance in the story?